PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Inn Nikki Bird,Anyone Recommend?

AliceinDisney
04-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Thinking about this one as a place to stay, If anyone has any reviews or thoughts let me know. I may just stay on a Disney property, but I want a good deal and a nice room. If anyone has any thoughts let me know :)
Thanks!

crazeedizneefinatic
04-18-2007, 04:34 PM
I have never personally stayed at that hotel but can assume Holiday Inn rates are in the $80-90 mark? Just a tad bit more and you can stay on property. Maybe even get a Disney room with a discount. I have stayed off property and once I stayed on property I never went back. The money saved on a rental car alone is worth it. Not to mention the added bonus of the magical express service. (get off the plane and walk to the bus and not worry about anything!) No parking fees either. Try to sit down and figure out what the expenses would be. I bet not much more than the Holiday Inn if you stay at a value. As far as a nice room. I have not had a "bad" room in Disney yet. Yes, sometimes issues with housekeeping or such but you will have that anywhere. I have always found the rooms to be practical at the values. We spend most of the time at theparks. The pools are nice and if you have children they will love them! Good luck deciding.

illini
04-18-2007, 05:51 PM
It's actually called Home Suite Home Hotel or something like that now, I believe.

But regardless... NOOOOOO!

We stayed there one night at the beginning and one night at the end of our trip in 2003 (couldn't add onto our room at Disney). It was one of the most disgusting things I have ever experienced. Mold and mildew everywhere. Old 60s style Holiday Inn facing 192. We had to be moved to another room because the carpet was drenched. Even in the new room, our socks were BLACK within 2 minutes. Our second night was slightly better-- I think we had a slightly more recently renovated room-- but still not a good deal at all. We paid $28/night through Priceline and that was overpaying. I didn't need fancy, was just wanting clean. It wasn't even close.