PDA

View Full Version : Biking to Disneyland - join me?

disneydrmr
04-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Ok, I wanna lose weight before my trip to Disneyland in November. I'm trying to motivate myself and keep interested in the process... I've already promised myself a new Stitch doll if I reach my goal weight for the trip... but I've come up with a 'creative' way to lose it.. I"m gonna bike on my exercise bike all the way to Disneyland before my trip.. I've done the figuring.. I have 196 days.. it's 2,382.2 miles to Disneyland from my home. That breaks down to 12.15 miles per day (round it up to 13 miles per day!) Sooooo.... off I go starting tonight! Who wants to join me? If I 'reach' Disney by the time I reach Disney I will up my reward to something more special.. like TWO Stitch dolls! :D

ElenitaB
04-18-2007, 04:12 PM
I'll join you, Di! Can I combine walking and riding? I need to prepare for the LiveStrong Challenge at the end of August (a 10 mi ride) and then I'd love to shape up for when we ship out in December! I live a bit farther from WDW then you do from DLR, but I will enjoy the challenge.

Here's hoping you earn your Stitch dolls!

jray21
04-18-2007, 06:39 PM
What is you plan? I might be able to meet up as well depending on where you go. Sound's like a lot of fun. You should be able to make it with no problems in your time frame. On a flat area you should be able to easily go 12 miles in one hour. At first you may be slow but after just a few weeks you may have no problems goi going a lot more than 12 miles a day. I wouldn't be surprised if some days you were able to do 50 miles! Good luck, sounds like a lot of fun.

Dsnygirl
04-19-2007, 03:17 AM
Diane, I may just have to join you... I'd like to lose a few (okay, more than a few :blush: ) before our October trip, but I'm having trouble motivating myself. Still in the winter hibernating mode, I guess. But - this may work! I know we're 1240 miles, so I'll have to figure out my "trip" and what my mode will be -- I'm not a great biker, but I may try walking or a combination. Thanks for the good idea -- how often will we check in??

disneydrmr
04-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Ok, after doing a little figuring.. I would have to bike 65 minutes every day in order to 'reach' Disneyland by November.... with my schedule I don't have an hour every day to do this.. so I'm modifying my 'challenge'... instead I will bike to Disney World before my trip to Disneyland... this would be 969 miles.. breaking down to 5 miles per day ... that is doable since I can bike 1 mile every 5 minutes (meaning about 25 minutes worth of biking).... sooooo... I'm starting my 'trip' tonight. We can check in every few days... Anyone wishing to join me can decide if they wanna bike to Disneyland or Disneyworld.. base it on what you are able to do each day. If you wanna walk it - that's fine also! I'm doing a 2 mile walk for Life this Saturday so I'll count that toward my trip! I hope to lose at least 20 lbs before November....

Marker
04-19-2007, 09:29 AM
the only way I would Bike to Disneyland is on my Kawasaki KZ 1000 ( unless or course I traded it for a newer model).

Dsnygirl
04-19-2007, 05:07 PM
I figured out that it is 1240 miles for me... so, for my trip in October, it's an average of 7 miles/day. I don't have the time to do it every day, as some days I'm just sleeping and getting up to go back to work -- but I'm going to try to make sure that I hit the 49 miles/week -- even if it means doing the stairs at work a few times!! :whew: I'm starting tomorrow at the gym... at least it'll keep me on the bike or treadmill a little longer!! :blush: