PDA

View Full Version : Electric Water Pageant

Jeri Lynn
04-18-2007, 07:55 AM
Can anyone tell me about the Electric Water Pageant...?? I have never seen it during any of my vacations at WDW. I do stay on-site however do not stay at any of the hotels on the parade route.

Where is the best place to view this parade and is it worth the effort of making a special trip to a resort viewing area?

BigRedDad
04-18-2007, 08:21 AM
If you have kids, I would recommend seeing at least once. You can stay at MK, take the monorail to one of the resorts for a meal or snack, watch the parade, then head back to your resort.

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/accomodations/electricalwaterpagent.asp

magicofdisney
04-18-2007, 09:14 AM
It's neat and fun to say you've seen it. But it's not really that long. You can actually see it from the boat dock at MK or along part of the walkway to the busses. :mickey:

KAT1811
04-18-2007, 09:28 AM
I guess it all depends on the length of your trip and how busy you are. It is definately a Disney classic, as I can remember watching it as a child with my parents. If you have the time it is a fun activity to include in your trip plans. If you are having dinner at one of the hotels on the parade route it would be nice to view it after dinner on the beach, plus it would give the kids some time to just run around freely while you wait.

Trixie1822
04-18-2007, 09:54 AM
I love it !
you can take the boat to poly from the MK, take a snack at Kona and watch the parade from the beach...

And well, it so romantic...:blush:

Touchdown
04-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Heres a You Tube clip of it from the Poly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv9pQF8QQ3A&mode=related&search=

moe513
04-18-2007, 03:17 PM
We schedule a dinner at O hanas and then go down to the lagoon to watch it. Its very nice.

MinnieMommie
04-18-2007, 07:08 PM
I absolutely love the Electric Water Pagent! I recommend you see it at least one time. Then you have had the experience and can decide if you want to make a point of seeing it on subsequent trips. Fellow Intercotees have provided help on where you can catch it but watching from the water front at one of the monorail resorts is great fun! :mickey:

RocknRoller94
07-26-2007, 03:19 PM
The EWP is a Presentation of many Barges hooked together holding many Lights forming
2-D images. It comes to the Contemporary, the Poly, The Grand Floridian, the Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness, and MK every night. Good Viewing places are the Boat docks outside the Magic Kingdom and the beaches at the above mentioned resorts. Don't miss it!:mickey:

dteed
07-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Disney classic for sure. One of those things that define the Disney vacation. Everyone know about it? No. Disney charge for it? No. That being said, it is there every night without fail. Free entertainment? Yes. How about that.

Polynesian Dweller
07-26-2007, 05:15 PM
Disney classic for sure. One of those things that define the Disney vacation. Everyone know about it? No. Disney charge for it? No. That being said, it is there every night without fail. Free entertainment? Yes. How about that.

Well, not quite every night. Its very rare, but we were there one trip when they couldn't put it on because of high winds. But that's pretty rare and it's worth seeing. Staying at the Poly we are glad we don't miss it. :mickey:

tinksmom02
07-26-2007, 10:31 PM
It's neat and fun to say you've seen it. But it's not really that long. You can actually see it from the boat dock at MK or along part of the walkway to the busses. :mickey:

This is how we saw the Electric Water Parade. We were leaving MK and watched it before getting in line for the monorail. It was very cute, but not something I would make a special trip for...'course DD slept through it, so I WOULD like her to see it on our upcoming trip!

Mickey91
07-26-2007, 11:44 PM
We saw it the first time in 2003. Definitely worth trying to view from the boat dock at MK. If you have a full schedule, you may not feel it is worth it to venture to a resort but if you do, I recommend the Poly.