PDA

View Full Version : Lunch or Dinner??

TFrauts
04-18-2007, 12:21 AM
This seems like a silly questions, but I am trying to figure out which place to go for lunch, and which to go for dinner!!
Marrakesh and the San Angel Inn are the two I have chosen. We would really like to go to both, but would prefer to do them both in one day, instead of going to Epcot 2 times!! Is one on a better location to Illuminations, or is there one that would have a better lunch than dinner?? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!! Thanks

Twinsowner
04-18-2007, 05:04 AM
Mexico is a very good location for illuminations as long as the wind is ok. It is actually very close to the show. We watched from the counter service outside of san Angel and it was perfect.

wendy*darling
04-18-2007, 06:40 AM
Illuminations takes place in the center of the World Showcase Lagoon, so every country in WS is great for viewing Illuminations. None is "closer" than any other.

We enjoy both restaurants and visit them both pretty often. Both restaurants have limited menus (and lower prices) at lunchtime.

Unless you are pressed for time, I would strongly suggest you plan at least 2 evenings in Epcot. You will never be able to see as much of Epcot as you want in only one day anyway. We find ending our days in Epcot a great way to take in dinner and enjoy the wonderful atmosphere there.

TheDuckRocks
04-18-2007, 11:16 AM
We have eaten at San Angel Inn for both lunch and dinner. Both meals were very good but I really like going there for lunch better. There is something magical eating under the "stars" in the middle of day.

KAT1811
04-18-2007, 12:22 PM
Personally I like eating at San Angel Inn during dinner so when I come out of the Mexico pavillion it is still nighttime and some of the ambiance comes with me. There is something about eating at a riverside table at San Angel that really seems like you are outside and then emerging from the Mexico pavillion to find the torches buring and the countries all lit up intensifies the feeling. Just my opinion but I'm sure it is great any time.

Plus the :marg: :marg: are great and I just can't bring myself to have a couple (they're like lays you can't have just one!) midafternoon when I still have half of a park to see with three children. I'd be even more loopier than I already am!

SBETigg
04-18-2007, 12:37 PM
I like them both for lunch or dinner. And I can't imagine a trip with only one stop at Epcot, but to each her own. Check over the menus and see which one has selections that you prefer at either time. Both are good choices for either meal, and you can find Illuminations viewing anywhere around the lagoon.

jacknsally02
04-28-2007, 10:39 AM
I really like san angel inn, I actually hated marrikesh when I went for dinner so I'd say definitely use your dinner in mexico and maybe check out more places to use lunch, sorry just my opinion