PDA

View Full Version : The People Mover

dixielandings
04-17-2007, 10:41 PM
Am I the only one who feels this way? Why don't they bring this great attraction back? We were just there and Tomorrowland is coming along back to its former glory. When the lagoon is back, it'll be even better. But there stands the PeopleMover track, all useless and sad. It was sad enough when the Skyway disappeared. It seems like it would be so simple.

Anybody have any idea on why they wouldn't bring it back?

Darbylew
04-17-2007, 11:13 PM
I don't understand? Are you talking about WDW
the Magic Kingdom? We were just there the
first of March and the people mover was still
in full swing. It is in Tomorrowland and it is
called Tomorrowland Transit Authority. We
rode it. It will always be called the people
mover by us. :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK
IN MAY 2007! :D

robhink
04-17-2007, 11:22 PM
I think the biggest issue is how much they screwed up the track when the put the rocket rods in. I think they would have to either remove all of the stuff they added for the rods and then reinstall either the old ride system or one closer to the one used in florida. I'd have to think that the biggest downside there is cost, but they may decide that they need it at some time to help crowds move in tomorrowland.

Ten of Hearts
04-18-2007, 12:17 AM
Am I the only one who feels this way? Why don't they bring this great attraction back? We were just there and Tomorrowland is coming along back to its former glory. When the lagoon is back, it'll be even better. But there stands the PeopleMover track, all useless and sad. It was sad enough when the Skyway disappeared. It seems like it would be so simple.

I wish they would bring back the lagoon at the Magic Kingdom in FL. It could also be a part of Ariel's Grotto. I don't quite understand how they could have done away with the lagoon and then have a mermaid on dry land, but I guess that's the way the Disney team worked it all out all the time. My hope is that one day a beautiful lagoon all sparkling and aquamarine will one day come back to Fantasyland and maybe we'll get see Ariel and her friends there- even swimming in the lagoon! We could look at them through the glass! :mickey:

DoomBuggyDude
04-18-2007, 12:52 AM

The debacles to this know no bounds.

All of the above is true with the track modifications and the
monsterous "tube" that served as a guiderail for the rods.

But the problem that not many people know
about: Tunnel width.

The State of Ca. has a safety division called
"DOSH" ("OSHA" in most other states) that
dictates there must be a 3.5ft. clearance from
any attraction vehicle and the nearest wall or
tunnel that they pass through. This disqualifies
about seventy percent of the PM/RR track that
passes through Buzz, Space, Tours and Inno.
since it became a regulation in 2002.

Plus when they built Buzz, the contractors
built an office right over what is now the unload
station which destroyed that entire section of
the third floor. :bang:

I doubt there will be anything up there for
many years.

tinkwest
04-18-2007, 03:46 AM
I don't understand? Are you talking about WDW
the Magic Kingdom?

Talking about Tomorrowland at Disneyland. This is the Disneyland Resort section of the INTERCOT discussion boards.