PDA

View Full Version : soarin over something else?

rafiki fan
04-17-2007, 09:58 PM
I don't know if this has been asked before and no offense to you all out in California :D but will the next step with soarin' be to fly over somewhere else? Maybe the whole US? Soarin has become one of our favorite attractions and it's going to be fun to see where they go with this technology. Any suggestions on where to soar to next?

Three days and counting to next trip:number1:

JPL
04-17-2007, 10:04 PM
there is a rumour that they will update the film but no word on exactly when. They have yet to announce where will be soarin over

crazeedizneefinatic
04-17-2007, 10:14 PM
I know this is far fetched and probably out of reach but wouldn't it be cool to be able to "soar" over the city you are from?? I know it's impossible to film each and every city but the most popular cities around the world.
Just a thougt.

Jerry2
04-17-2007, 10:26 PM
I could name a few hundred places they could do that I would like to see. Since my son was born, with the exception to one car trip a year, all of our vacations have been to WDW. So there is a LOT out there that we haven’t seen, and a few places we have seen but would be fun to see from the sky. It would be nice to do a flyover of most European, Asian, South American, and African countries. Not to mention almost every state in the US.

Touchdown
04-17-2007, 10:29 PM
With the Epcot theme I could see them making a "Soarin Around the World." Allthough they could also easily do a "Soarin Over America" and hit everything from the shores of New England to Seattle and Alaska to Hawaii.

future_imagineer
04-17-2007, 10:36 PM
I've always liked the idea of "Soarin' over the World", using the World Showcase countries. It would infuse the spirit of Epcot into a park that desperately needs to know that it is Epcot, not Walt Disney World's Disney's California Adventure.

Vanlandingham
04-18-2007, 01:09 AM
It's hard because no matter what you try to remember to include in an attraction like this, you're always going to leave out a ton of things that probably should have found their way in somehow.

mrsgaribaldi
04-18-2007, 01:55 AM
I've always liked the idea of "Soarin' over the World", using the World Showcase countries. It would infuse the spirit of Epcot into a park that desperately needs to know that it is Epcot, not Walt Disney World's Disney's California Adventure.

That's an excellent idea:thumbsup: I would love to soar over something new:mickey:

big blue and hairy
04-18-2007, 07:35 AM
As I said in my post about this last week, I think it will be Soarin' Over the World, or some title like that. Check out the posters in the que. I think that is a hint of what to expect.

:sulley:

Marker
04-18-2007, 08:54 AM
I would think that the reality of the situation, given the expense of creating that film, that it'll be Soarin' over California for quite a while. However, California or not, it's an awesome ride in my opinion.

I guess if you want to see other parts of the country, or the world, you're just going to have to go there in person.

wjrhw
04-18-2007, 09:29 AM
Disney will probably wait for the popularity of the current version to wane considerably before going through the expense of making a whole new movie. Given the huge wait times that I experience every time I’m in Epcot, I doubt they would bother to change it any time soon.

magicman
04-18-2007, 12:16 PM
How about SOARIN' OVER THE WONDERS OF THE WORLD? It would be cool to fly over the Taj Majal, the pyramids, the acropolis, etc.

I am in agreement with a few of the previous posters who said that it won't be changed any time soon. IMHO, this ride is still considered to be new & novel as it is.

darthmacho
04-18-2007, 12:22 PM
:flag: I might just be feeling overly patriotic right now, but I really liked the idea of Soarin' over America.

magicman
04-18-2007, 04:42 PM
:flag: I might just be feeling overly patriotic right now, but I really liked the idea of Soarin' over America.

Patriotic & America would be good.

What places in America would you choose? I'd like to Soar over Hawaii & Kilauea Volcano, Mt Mckinley in Alaska, the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone & Old Faithful, Mt Rushmore, Niagra Falls, then end at WDW.

boobalk
04-18-2007, 05:41 PM

DITTO!!!

dumbo ears
04-18-2007, 06:49 PM
i could watch that film over and over but they could update it.

Mickey91
04-19-2007, 11:30 AM

What places in America would you choose? I'd like to Soar over Hawaii & Kilauea Volcano, Mt Mckinley in Alaska, the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone & Old Faithful, Mt Rushmore, Niagra Falls, then end at WDW.

That would be fun!

DNS
04-19-2007, 11:56 AM
Allthough they could also easily do a "Soarin Over America" and hit everything from the shores of New England to Seattle and Alaska to Hawaii.

Exactly what I was thinking. The variety of landscape in this country is amazing to me still. I can't imagine a more beautiful film for Soarin'.

darthmacho
04-19-2007, 02:08 PM

Great choices, but I really would love them to fly over Mt.Washington in NH, perhaps they could simulate some of the record breaking weather that takes place there, LOL. :fan:

Also, I wouldn't complain if the flew over the Playboy Mansion! :blush: (Just kidding.)

WEDTOPIA
04-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Bet on it being an American flyover. After all ,World Showcase has it's own travelogues. Most everything in Future World is " Americanized ". And there really is plenty to see in this country. Look at the diversity in the California film ,and that's only one state out of 50.
Just a random list of things to see from the air - Mt. Rushmore , the Grand Canyon , The Rockies , Autumn in New England , herds of bison , the Mississippi River , the Great Lakes region , Washington D.C. , and other great cities like Chicago and New York. As a finale ,they can pay tribute to the host state of Florida, and fly over Miami ,the Everglades , Key West , and finally, over all the icons of WDW.

:mickey:

Kristi Kay
04-20-2007, 02:22 PM
I know this is far fetched and probably out of reach but wouldn't it be cool to be able to "soar" over the city you are from?? I know it's impossible to film each and every city but the most popular cities around the world.
Just a thougt.

Athought Soarin' over the world is more likely to happen, I think the Soarin' over your city could be amazing....Obviously they coudn't hit every single city, but they could hit the major cities in every state. I am from Arkansas, so here they could film, Little Rock, Hot Springs, Eureka Springs. In Missouri, they could hit St. Louis, Branson, Kansas City or Jefferson City.....As you are walking to load your zip code gets typed into a computer system that will find the closet place they have filmed, to your zip code....then that will be part of the film. It could totally, no doubt be done. Ever single ride would be different....it would be fantastic!:mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey: