PDA

View Full Version : 50's prime time cafe

ghost999
04-17-2007, 09:04 PM
hey this is going to be our first time eating at 50's ptc and was wondering, what should i expect. :mickey:

LouRodriGIS
04-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Good food and a lot of fun. Got to have dad's sunday.

jodijo
04-17-2007, 10:38 PM
We went to 50's a few years ago. The waitress made a big deal over the fact that my DH did not eat his green beans. In fact, she announced it to the entire restaurant. Then for dessert,she brought him the green beans with whipped cream on them. I thought it was funny, he did not. He is quiet and hates being singled out of a crowed. Needless to say, he wont go back. So, take your sense of humor and enjoy.

TiggerRPh
04-18-2007, 12:42 AM
Great homestyle food and a lot of fun.

CleveSJM
04-18-2007, 05:35 AM
It was very interactive for us and it's all in fun. The waitress treats you like family and the other people around you are your cousins. So expect to be "mothered" by the server, elbows off the table, finish your food, etc.

Very fun and the food is good too. Shakes are great and can be taken in a to-go cup.

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

onjbj
04-18-2007, 10:08 AM
The amount of fun you have (or choose not to) depends, I think, on you and your group. OUr waitress seemed to take her cue from us. She stood my husband in the corner b/c he tattled on me for something. She also brought someone in our group their veggies with whipped cream. She was a lot of fun, but the more we egged her on, the more she did.
We loved it!

Wells
04-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Just a word of advice.....Don't try to hide the green beans under the chicken, they're hip to that one....

KAT1811
04-18-2007, 12:31 PM
I have to say that although we don't care for the food at 50's the server interaction is great! The last time we went my mother put her elbows on the table and our server made her stand up and sing "I'm a Little Teapot" It was hysterical!!! She also didn't finish all of her greenbeans and our server fed them to her using the "little airplane". That was great. My oldest DD was with us and still remembers it! I wish they would revamp their menu and maybe we would return. We prefer the food at Mama's much more.

lightyearfan
04-18-2007, 01:27 PM
oh this is a very fun place to eat! the food is very good, and the service is better, they interacr with you and even scould you, for instance in June Orlando is a very hot place to be, so while at the parks i always wear a Disney related baseball hat, well our waitress got so mad at me for not taking off my cap, which i normally do while at a restutant, but i was going threw the menu so i forgot, needless to say she served my wife but not me until that hat came off, which at that point it did and i received my meal. we do have an adr for for our upcoming trip this June, this time i'll make sure that the hat will be off before we're seated

enjoy

Victor

MauiMouse
04-18-2007, 01:34 PM
Make sure to look around at the various "props" in the restaurant, very cool. :cool: The food is good and very fun atmosphere.

Mrs Grumpy
04-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Whatever you do don't put your elbows on the table :nono: I forgot and did it three different times and of course my dear DH never said a thing and got a great laugh everytime I got yelled at.