PDA

View Full Version : what's your Burger

Bethis26fan
04-17-2007, 01:35 PM
I was just watching Paula Deen and she was dong a burger show. So it got me to think how diffrent people eat they hamburgers across the USA. I thought it would be fun to see how other intercotees eat their burgers.

What is your favorite way to eat a burger either make it yourself or order it out.

Mine is grilled w/ colby jack cheese, chilli, onions, tomat, lettuce and 57 sauce. :thumbsup:

I would love to hear some of your faves.

RedSoxFan
04-17-2007, 02:11 PM
I eat my burger (no cheese - yuk) on a buttered toasted english muffin with sauteed pepper and onions. DH made me one while we were dating. I thought it was weird -- but it is delicious!!

DisneyDude1977
04-17-2007, 02:14 PM
I was watching the same Paula Deen show, as I knew Giada would be on afterwards! My burger is angus beef topped with salsa, cheddar, and blue cheese.

Goofeygal
04-17-2007, 02:14 PM
Mine is with swiss cheese, bacon onions lettuce and tomato with some mayonaise on a kiser roll.

Kags1200
04-17-2007, 02:35 PM
When DH & I eat a burger at home , we have what we call a 'Cal Burger',
That's what we call a burger on a hard roll, with chedder cheese, grilled onions, mayo, ketchup, lettuce, tomato & bacon

So big , we can hardly even eat it!! Delish!!

ldn324
04-17-2007, 02:59 PM
Mine is a veggie burger on a warmed bun with slightly melted white American cheese, ketchup, pickles, tomato and lots and lots of Plochman's mustard - no other mustard will do :thumbsup:

PirateLover
04-17-2007, 05:12 PM
I love a good BBQ bacon cheddar cheeseburger, or a regular american cheeseburger with a little bit of mustard and mayo. No lettuce, tomato, or onions. :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
04-17-2007, 05:53 PM
I love a good BBQ bacon cheddar cheeseburger

That sounds good. :)

grumpycajun
04-17-2007, 05:54 PM
I have a few, depending on my mood. First, a half pound of ground sirloin flame grilled to medium over either pecan or hickory wood, thick cut bacon, swiss cheese, grilled onions, mayo and a touch of Jack Daniels BBQ sauce all on good french bread. Health food it's not, but you talk about good!

My second choice of toppings is avocado, a little raw onion, roasted red bell-pepper pepper jack cheese, mayo, and a few squirts of sun-dried tomato vinaigrette. Also delicious!

luvdiznee
04-17-2007, 06:30 PM
I always mix the beef with some sort of sauce such as barbeque or steak sauce. Toppings can range from cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, mayo and/or bacon. Depends what we're in the mood for. I'm so hungry now! :marg:

jennbunn
04-17-2007, 06:44 PM
turkey burger with cheddar and swiss cheese,mushrooms,lettuce,pickles,and honey mustard on a fresh baked bun. :cloud9: also some pasta salad and a fruit pizza for dessert!!! yum o!!!! :thumbsup:

d_m_n_n
04-17-2007, 06:57 PM
I like mine with lettuce and tomato
Heinz 57, French fried potato...

:thumbsup:

Dracula766
04-17-2007, 06:58 PM
Medium rare w/ Bacon & Bleu Cheese on a kaiser roll :thumbsup:

I also have a secret burger that I'm working on for the Build A Better Burger contest :chef:

I want that $50,000!!!! :clappy:

Bethis26fan
04-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Medium rare w/ Bacon & Bleu Cheese on a kaiser roll :thumbsup:

I also have a secret burger that I'm working on for the Build A Better Burger contest :chef:

I want that $50,000!!!! :clappy:

Good Luck!

EllieMae
04-17-2007, 08:05 PM

With a big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer? :cool:

TheMartellFamily
04-17-2007, 08:59 PM
I like a cheese burger with tom, pickles, mustard, onions, and mayo. The other way I like it is with cheese and mushrooms with steak sauce. Both ways are so good.

Magic Smiles
04-17-2007, 10:03 PM
On a toasted bun with Pickles only.

conorsmom2000
04-17-2007, 10:24 PM

:funny: :funny: And a big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer? :D

I rarely have it, but my favorite burger is a triple cheese burger - I believe it's cheddar, mozzarella and montery jack.....nothing else but the burger and bun!! YUM! :blush: :tasty:

RAIDER
04-18-2007, 03:59 AM
Bacon cheese mushroom burger for me ..yum yum:cloud9:

NotaGeek
04-18-2007, 04:11 AM
My favorite burger is a Michael Chiarello special from this show on Food Netork ... a grilled burger with blue cheese in the middle, topped with grilled mushrooms and a little mustard ... of course a nice artisan bun instead of the .99 Safeway special buns are ideal!

disneydrmr
04-18-2007, 08:45 AM
I like my burgers in so many different ways.. it depends on my mood.. i love them with mustard, or with bbq sauce or with Heinz 57. I love them with cheddar, with swiss, or just plain american. I will eat them with or without bacon, lettuce and tomatoes. I have made them mixing Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix mixed into them to make them into Ranch burgers. I have made them mixing in Shake and bake, and coating them with Shake and Bake.. There are just two absolutes for me - NO NO NO onions, and EXTRA EXTRA pickles!!!!

thrillme
04-18-2007, 09:55 AM
My all time favorite has to be the Royal Red Robin Burger with X-tra lettuce, X-tra tomatoes, onions, chedder (no american), swiss, a hard fried egg and mayo on a toasted bun.

I also love our local eatery Chris Madrid's "Macho Cheesy" burger. Lettuce, tomato and mayo with a ton of REAL chedder cheese melted on it (no cheese sauce real cheddar) where it just pours off the side. YUM.

ChipDale
04-18-2007, 10:33 AM
I like mine a lot of different ways (cheese, bacon, ketchup, mustard, lettuce etc), but probably my favorite is with a lot of dill pickles. Mmmmm...I could go for one right now with an ice cold :beer: :tasty:

ChipnDaleGal
04-18-2007, 12:24 PM
My favorite is a summertime burger cooked out on the grill, with cheese, ketchup and fresh garden tomato and onions!! :tasty:

SteveL
04-18-2007, 01:04 PM
With a big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer? :cool:

Good God, Almighty, which way do I steer?

Pop Centurion
04-18-2007, 01:12 PM
Turkey Burger cooked on the grill with Pepper Jack Cheese, Mushrooms, Lettuce, Tomato, Pickles, Ketchup, & Hot Sauce.

comicguy
04-19-2007, 06:00 AM
my favorite burger is:

Hamburgher marinated in A-1 for several hours grilled on the BBQ with a nice thick cut of peperjack cheese. served on a fresh kaiser roll with lettuce and onion, with a hint of mayo.

Jen0610
04-19-2007, 08:46 AM
OK people...It's 8:30 a.m. here and I am now starving for a cheeseburger. Guess DH will be getting his wish and dinner will be at Red Robin tonight. I'll be dinning on the Whiskey River BBQ burger - hold the tomato, add extra BBQ sauce and DH will be inhailing the Bonsi Burger.

And thank the good lord, I still had Buffetts Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays Live CD still at work, so I can listen to that all day.

Ian
04-19-2007, 09:33 AM
I love to grill and we cook out quite a bit during the summer, but we rarely do burgers. More often we do steaks, marinated chicken, or brats. Burgers are so 90's. ;)

The best burgers around where I am we get at this place called CheeburgerCheeburger (http://www.cheeburger.com/). It's like an old time 50's burger joint (think Beaches -n- Cream) and they let you build your own burger.

First off, they have like four sizes. Classic (which is just a regular old burger) and then they have a 1/4 pounder (The Semi-Serious), a half pounder (The Serious), a 3/4 pounder, and then a full pound burger (The Delirious). You finish that baby and they take your picture and put it up on the wall!!

Then you get to pick from something like 50 different toppings. All free.

I normally get mine topped with blue cheese, roasted red peppers, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, lettuce, onion rings, chopped black olives, and A-1 sauce.

That's the best heartburn there is, baby!

TheDuckRocks
04-19-2007, 10:28 AM
I have a few, depending on my mood. First, a half pound of ground sirloin flame grilled to medium over either pecan or hickory wood, thick cut bacon, swiss cheese, grilled onions, mayo and a touch of Jack Daniels BBQ sauce all on good french bread. Health food it's not, but you talk about good!

My second choice of toppings is avocado, a little raw onion, roasted red bell-pepper pepper jack cheese, mayo, and a few squirts of sun-dried tomato vinaigrette. Also delicious!

I'm coming to your house for burgers.:D Oh, my goodness do these sound good.

I LOVE hamburgers!!! But they have to have really good quality meat, excellent bun (bread) and real cheese. What you do from there just depends on my mood.

crazypoohbear
04-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Good God, Almighty, which way do I steer?

I'd like a cheeseburger in Paradise!!:cloud9:

Wouldn't matter if it had lettuce,tomato, heinz 57, french fried potato, cold draft beer, or a big kosher pickle ....

I just want to be in paradise!!!!!!!:cool:

SteveL
04-19-2007, 01:33 PM
I'd like a cheeseburger in Paradise!!:cloud9:

Wouldn't matter if it had lettuce,tomato, heinz 57, french fried potato, cold draft beer, or a big kosher pickle ....

I just want to be in paradise!!!!!!!:cool:

Paradise isn't far off.
Jimmy Buffett's "Bama Breeze" tour is underway. Can't wait for June 23 in Pittsburgh then June 26 in Camden.

Momof2boys
04-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Grilled burger - medium - topped with cheddar, mayo, lettuce, tomato, bacon, a fried onion ring, and dill pickles ! YUM :tasty:

d_m_n_n
04-20-2007, 09:27 PM
I normally get mine topped with blue cheese, roasted red peppers, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, lettuce, onion rings, chopped black olives, and A-1 sauce.

That's the best heartburn there is, baby!

My lord! I had to reach for the Tums just reading about it! Sounds good, but don't think I could handle that! Whew!!!!

Have to say that ChipnDaleGal has my burger goin' on. Put it with some fresh corn on the cob and a little grilled squash and I am in summertime heaven!

dolphinmickey9170
04-20-2007, 10:07 PM
BBQ Sauce, Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Fried Onion, Mayo, Lettuce, Onion Straws!!!!!!

:waycool: :eat:

crazypoohbear
04-20-2007, 10:18 PM
Paradise isn't far off.
Jimmy Buffett's "Bama Breeze" tour is underway. Can't wait for June 23 in Pittsburgh then June 26 in Camden.

I'd love to see him but the tickets sell out here as soon as they go on sale.
I never get the chance.
He'll be in boston but I'll be in Disney???!!! :thedolls:
We are like two ships that pass in the night!:(

princessjojo
04-20-2007, 10:58 PM
My favorite is a good juicy burger, not lean, and mix powdered ranch dressing into the hamburgers as I make them & before they go onto the grill (must be cooked on charcoal). Top it off with shredded Colby & Monterey Jack, little mustard & ketchup. When I feel like being healthy though I use the extra lean (not as juicy then) :eat: .

2Epcot
04-20-2007, 11:16 PM
I don't eat burgers anymore, and haven't in many years, though once in a while I get a Turkey burger somewhere when I am out. When I was in college I lived on hamburgers. I also loved anytime my dad would barbecue on the grill. The title of this thread did bring back memories of my favorite fast food burger .... Years ago McDonalds had the McDLT ... the hot side stayed hot ... the cool side stayed cool. I loved those, and hated to see them go.