PDA

View Full Version : Extra Charge for FastPass??

JANNINO
04-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Some friends of ours went down to WDW this past weekend and were told that their tickets needed to be upgraded ($50 per ticket) in order to use the FastPass system to avoid the long lines. Has anyone heard of this before? I thought all park tickets could be used for FastPass. This is a concern for me as our family is heading down to WDW this June and later on in November and I have not yet purchased tickets and I want the ability to use FastPass.

Christine
04-17-2007, 09:43 AM
There is no charge for Fast Pass.

Are you sure they weren't told they would need to upgrade to PARK HOP maybe???

JANNINO
04-17-2007, 09:47 AM
Positive. They were told that they needed to pay $50 more to upgrade the ticket to use FastPass. The only thing I'm thinking is that the tickets they had were not the credit card type (hard plastic) but were paper.

CanadianWDWFan
04-17-2007, 09:57 AM
I think that there might be some miscommunication issue here. There is no charge for fastpass at WDW.

Paper or plastic tickets don't matter either. Our AP's are paper and we have never had an issue with them and we have been using them since July.

Mickey'sGirl
04-17-2007, 10:00 AM
There is no charge for Fast Pass.

Are you sure they weren't told they would need to upgrade to PARK HOP maybe???
That's what I was thinking. It costs about $35 to add Park Hopping to a base ticket.

Does Universal charge for their "fast pass" system?

Figment!
04-17-2007, 10:03 AM
They were told that they needed to pay $50 more to upgrade the ticket to use FastPass. They were either told wrong, misunderstood what they were told, or were not at a Disney park.

There is currently no charge for FastPass. :mickey:

krose78
04-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Universal does charge for thier fast pass system it was very expensive.

CrazyStitch
04-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Sounds like they're getting Universal and Disney confused.

Figment!
04-17-2007, 10:46 AM
I just looked up on Universal's site that a 1 park Express pass is currently $45 plus tax.

The pricing they reported appears to be inline with what Universal is charging.

Carol
04-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Sounds like they're getting Universal and Disney confused.Yep. Universal offers an "Express Pass" upgrade.

The only thing you have to upgrade for at Disney World is parking hopping, dining or water parks+.

darthmacho
04-17-2007, 10:47 AM
:zipped: Please! DO NOT give Disney ANY ideas. I'm surprised some greedy exec hasn't implemented this already.

Marker
04-17-2007, 11:09 AM
I wonder who told them this. Perhaps it was a scam of some sort by some disreputable person.

DNS
04-17-2007, 06:34 PM
:zipped: Please! DO NOT give Disney ANY ideas. I'm surprised some greedy exec hasn't implemented this already.
The difference is though that the fast passes are very restricted at Disney. Only one (maybe it's two) at a time and a certain time frame. At Universal, I believe it's all rides, all day, any time. I like the way Disney does it better, but there does seem to be a big difference.

DizneyRox
04-17-2007, 07:51 PM
I wonder who told them this. Perhaps it was a scam of some sort by some disreputable person.
I was thinking the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if that $50 went right into someone elses pocket besides Mickey's.

I do see a time where some incarnation of the FastPass system will be a paid privilege though. Maybe not a base Fastpass, but some sort of acelerated return time, or multiples, etc.

Magic Smiles
04-17-2007, 08:46 PM
At Universal, I believe it's all rides, all day, any time. I like the way Disney does it better, but there does seem to be a big difference.

When we went to Universal last spring, the fastpass was for every ride, all day but only once per ride. We did not bother to purchase the fastpass. I have heard or read somewhere that if you are staying in a Universal Hotel, then you can access the fastpass line all day for every ride.

LoriMistress
04-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Universal and Six Flags charges FP. Disney has not.