PDA

View Full Version : Razr Phones [Merged Threads]

disneydrmr
04-17-2007, 08:03 AM
I upgraded to a Razr 6 months ago. The battery died two weeks ago and I was made to purchase a new one. At that time I was told that the Razr is known to have battery issues. My 'new' battery has already died (I am going to be calling Verizon this AM to give them a piece of my mind)... anyway - does anyone else have a Razr and if so have you had battery issues?

Jeri Lynn
04-17-2007, 08:09 AM
My DH bought the razr phone, he thought it would be cool, he ended up hating it. He didn't have any troubles with the battery when he had it, however, it was very slow loading information such as the contact list...he ended up trading it with my daughter who thought it was cool and she absolutely hates it also, and for her the battery is dying all the time...she is counting the days until she can get rid of it.

Jeri Lynn
04-17-2007, 08:10 AM
Diane,
I just thought about one thing...another daughter was having battery issues with her phone, however, it was not her battery, it was her charger that was not working correctly, once I bought her the new charger the phone worked fine....

CanadianWDWFan
04-17-2007, 08:21 AM
Funny, We have a Razr and it is the best phone we have ever had. I know a few others who have it and they all say the same thing about it. They all love it. We have had it for about a year and we have had no battery issues. I like the menu structure, it works well for me. Sure there are some other features that I would like, but not all phones have everything you want on them.

But to agree with Jeri Lynn said about the charger. We had a Samsung and I hated the phone since the battery wouldn't hold a charge. I got a new charger and the phone/battery worked like a charm.

Diane, just ask Jenn about her phone.

PirateLover
04-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Worst. Phone. Ever.
I've written before about my entire family's trials and tribulations with the Motorola Razr. By the way, the interface changes depending on the company you have. For instance my cousin's Verizon phone has a completely different setup than my Cingular phone. I like hers better. My Cingular interface has been the same for my past 3 phones.

Anyways, about the battery- My brother just had to order himself a new one. I have not had battery problems but mine shuts off and freezes all day long so I am going to get a new phone sometime this week.

Jeff
04-17-2007, 06:15 PM
My wife, daughter and I have each had a Razor for about 11 months now. No batery issues. We have been very happy with our phones!:thumbsup:

Sorry about yours!

Jasper
04-17-2007, 06:22 PM
My wife and I both got Razors for each other for Christmas this past year. My wife is already on battery number 5 while I am still on my first one! When she spoke to telephone manufacturer (I think it is Motorola) she was told that they are having a lot of problems with the batteries on Razor brand phones. My wife did a ton of complaining and as a result the manufacturer has bought her the last 3 batteries. However, they did tell her that if she has any more battery problems that they will not replace the battery but instead will refund her money for the telephone.

By the way, she and I both hate our Razors because of lousy clarity. I stopped using my Razor about a month ago and went back to my ancient Samsung that I have had for about 5 years. We also find the buttons on the Razor to be too small to comfortably punch the correct number!

rnin02
04-18-2007, 01:07 AM
I haven't had any trouble with my Razor, although the buttons are kinda weird. But the battery, camera, etc works great.

Carol
04-18-2007, 07:22 AM
I have a Motorola Razr and love it. No problems whatsoever with anything on it. :shrug:

Jeff G
04-18-2007, 11:09 AM
I have a Razr that I've had for 6 months that holds a charge for days at a time. It's by far the best cell I've ever had. My DW is up for renewel on her contract this month and were getting her a Razr as well.

I wonder if it's the difference in companies?

PirateLover
04-18-2007, 01:59 PM
My cousins have Verizon, we have Cingular, we all have problems. Our models are the originals, about a year old now. I had thought maybe that was what the problem was- too many bugs in the original model- but Jen is having problems with a new one. Those of you who don't have any problems, I'm jealous! I hope it stays that way for you! I really wanted to love my Razr but it just wasn't to be for me I guess. I also have tons of clarity issues, and I get a lot of "echo".

alpro2
04-18-2007, 06:46 PM
I like my razr since it is compact and I can keep it in my pocket (since I also have to carry a "crackberry" for work). I do talk quite a bit on it and yes, the battery talk time isn't very good. I have bought an extended life battery for it. Overall, I like the phone very much.

princessjojo
04-19-2007, 09:55 AM
DH & I both had Razr phone and loved them. They work much better than DS's other brand phone. The only battery issues we've had is that they don't hold a charge very long, maybe 2 days at the most. I recently gave DS my phone and upgraded to the KRZR and like it pretty good to not because I wanted to, but cell phones don't work too well after they go through the washer & dryer. I haven't had the KRZR long enough to form any real opinion yet, but do feel it really isn't worth the extra money. Both phone though have much better reception than any of the other phones we have had. They work really well when DH is on the lake fishing.

Auntie
04-20-2007, 12:00 AM
WORST PHONE. My son had one and uses his phone from work quite a bit...and battery is important. Battery is awful!...There is a different battery you can get that is better..it sort of has a bulge..I laughed when he showed it to me and said it looked pregnant!..At least it lasted longer than the regular battery. He finally ditched it and got a different phone. I was glad to find out this way..as his younger brother wanted one. He got a new phone for Easter .and the razors are considered the "old phone" now!..can't keep up.:mickey:

TiggerRPh
04-20-2007, 01:26 AM
I had a chance to upgrade my Verizon phone and went with the Motorola KRZR....the RAZOR was just too wide for me. I didn't like the look.

I'm glad I didn't get it base on this thread.

Clotho
04-20-2007, 02:57 AM
I have the KRZR myself, and whenever I show it to my RAZR friends, they all ooh and awww, and talk about how they think their phone is bad. I never heard anything bad about RAZR's until I got my KRZK!

Word on the street is that the KRZR took everything that was wrong with the RAZR and fixed it, and added to it. The K1's particularly rock, apparently.

In fact, I just got back from a gathering where two RAZR owners were telling me they plan to get KRZRs. So there you go.

Carol
04-20-2007, 03:17 PM
The only battery issues we've had is that they don't hold a charge very long, maybe 2 days at the most.Really? I keep my phone on 24/7 and charge it once a week. I had a Motorola before this one and only charged it once a week as well.

My phone certainly doesn't fit this profile.

conorsmom2000
04-20-2007, 08:06 PM
By the way, the interface changes depending on the company you have. For instance my cousin's Verizon phone has a completely different setup than my Cingular phone. I like hers better. My Cingular interface has been the same for my past 3 phones.
I recently learned that myself! My cousin, who has Verizon got the KRZR and I loved it! So, I went to the Cingular store to upgrade and found it was nothing like her's - totally different interface and not what I was looking for at all.

I was looking to upgrade because at the time, I had the RAZR. I didn't have battery issues, I just didn't like the phone - the keypad is too flat, which is a problem when you text message a lot (who my family keeps in touch! :blush: ) as well as assorted other features I didn't like. I now have the Samsung A-707 (Samsung Synch on Cingular) which I like much better - the only complaint I have is that you can't close the phone when the speaker phone is on. :confused:

rnin02
04-21-2007, 02:28 PM
I recently talked phones with a coworker, she has a razr, and her's will just randomly turn itself on, all the time. And then the battery eventually goes dead. Maybe that's some of the problem, the phone's on when you think its off?

JPL
04-21-2007, 03:09 PM
I hate everything about my Razr worst phone I have ever owned. Everything from signal strength to call clarity. I was talked into when my old phone had some problems and I really would love to drop it off a really high building and watch it splat :thedolls: I too am counting the days until I can get a new phone :(

DisneyDudet
04-21-2007, 05:14 PM
My best friend has one from tmobile and loves it, except I hate it cuz it cuts in an out on me, and I only hear half a sentence sometimes. She doesn't like it for one reason, sometimes it won't ring, but will receive a voicemail and makes the alert for that...

On the otherhand, a friend I work with has one, and the battery doesn't even last 2 whole days.

I have Sprint w/ an LG phone.. its alright.. pretty boring.. but I've kept it the longest... why... Cuz of my disney pictures and ringtones!

Clotho
04-21-2007, 07:06 PM
The issue with not ringing, but getting a voicemail, seems to be a Tmobile thing. I have had it on all my phones, regardless of the make and model.

EpcotFanatic
05-19-2007, 02:25 PM
I've got T-Mobile, and my current phone is on it's death bed. I can upgrade with a 2 year contract and get a RAZR for $99. I really don't mind because I love their service, but I've had no experience with the phone.

My main concerns are battery life, reception, and a quality screen. I've read reviews online, but the people that review it act as if the phone was bought to replace a home entertainment system.

alpro2
05-19-2007, 02:51 PM
I have my RAZR since November (Verizon service). Clarity is fine, screen is fine, but the battery is awful. I purchased the extended life battery, and that is awful as well. If you use Bluetooth, expect even shorter battery life. The camera feature stinks too (my LG had a better camera). Not that I use the cameral a whole lot, but when you do it is terrible.

Jeff
05-19-2007, 04:45 PM
I've had mine for a year. Wife and daughter each have one too. No problems. Batery life in all 3 good.

However, $99 is too much to spend for one for a 2 yr. contract. We got our for $30 for a 2 year renewal and I have seen adds for much less than $30 now.

I would not hesitate to recommend the Razor phone but I think you can bargin for a better price for 2 year deal.

mtown71
05-19-2007, 07:52 PM
I've had my RAZR for about a year through Verizon. No problems with the battery at all. I don't use the camera part much. Reception is good. I didn't pay that much for mine though.

Bethis26fan
05-19-2007, 09:21 PM
I just got my thursday. I got it free w/ comporium(cingular) with a free blue tooth as well with a 2 year contract.

Riri529
05-21-2007, 10:27 PM
I have a Razr and think it is overrated. I have had battery issues since day 1! I now have an extended life battery which helps, but the battery life is nothing like I've had with other models.

Namine'
05-21-2007, 11:05 PM
I have a RAZR I like it . The battery life is short but my life does dot depend on my phone,so I cant realy complain.

snifflesmcg
05-22-2007, 12:01 AM
Ugh...cell phones:mad: . My sister has gone thru so many phones due to battery problems...and we have verizon. I personally don't have the razor but most I talk to that has it says they are junk.

Bethis26fan
05-22-2007, 08:29 PM
well I've had mine a week and had to charge it 3 times so far. My old phone I didn't have to charge it but 1time a week unless I talked a whole lot then twice. I wish I would have went w/ LG.

Clotho
05-23-2007, 04:51 PM
well I've had mine a week and had to charge it 3 times so far. My old phone I didn't have to charge it but 1time a week unless I talked a whole lot then twice. I wish I would have went w/ LG.

I would exchange the battery, or trade in the phone ofr another you want more.

sly1
05-23-2007, 05:19 PM
Go check out the cell phone forums and read the talk of RAZR's. They are junk and just a royal pain in the butt. Well actually its just motorola phones in general.

AvonleaCF
05-23-2007, 05:28 PM
I've had mine for quite some time (on T-Mobile) and haven't had a single problem. If I'm not using it much I can go a week without charging it. The clarity is perfect on my end and I've never heard complaints from others. Maybe once in all the time I've had it the phone didn't ring but I had a voicemail (but that happens on all networks).

It's not the best phone in the world, but I'm happy with it. And I can text just fine on it as well.