PDA

View Full Version : I am crazy...so I need help!

grego77
04-17-2007, 07:33 AM
I am crazy and just booked a 4-day 3-night weekend all the way across the country with my friend to Disneyland in mid-June. She's coming from NYC, I am coming from Boston. So, we're booked for everything (r/t motorcoach from LAX, 3-night stay at the Ramada Maingate, 4-day parkhoppers), but we decided to NOT forego the dining plan, for sheer stupidity probably.

We were thinking of doing ONE character meal (maybe Stitch?) and around 3 restaurants, ideally in the parks, that are not counter-service places. I have seen from the board here that there are, surprisingly, a good amount of restaurants. Can you help me pick out around 3 restaurants (one each day) and the character breakfast that would be perfect for two 20-somethings who are rediculous and planned a trip in 2 hours last nite!!!!:secret:

Also, any advice/what to do when would be amazing. I went to DL/CA in 2005 and just scratched the surface of the parks.

Thanks!:mickey:

ChipDale
04-17-2007, 10:32 AM
...we decided to NOT forego the dining plan, for sheer stupidity probably.

The Disneyland Resort dining plan is nothing like the WDW plan. It's a voucher system and from everything that I've read about it, it's not that great of a deal, so don't worry about it.

I have seen from the board here that there are, surprisingly, a good amount of restaurants. Can you help me pick out around 3 restaurants (one each day) and the character breakfast that would be perfect for two 20-somethings who are rediculous and planned a trip in 2 hours last nite!!!!:secret:

Why does it surprise you that there are many restaurants to choose from? :confused: Please don't compare the Disneyland Resort to WDW - it's a whole different experience.

If you're going to do only one character breakfast, I would suggest Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel. Book it now - it fills up quickly!

For your other meals, I'd recommend the Blue Bayou. It's a must-do if you've never been there before.

Ralph Brennan's in Downtown Disney has great food and atmosphere. We like to sit out on their patio and people-watch while we dine.

If you're into Japanese cuisine, Yamabuki at the Paradise Pier Hotel is really good. Food ranges from sushi to tempura to grilled steak and chicken. It's been refurbished recently too.

Lucille
04-17-2007, 07:23 PM
I agree with everything Jane said.

The only thing I'd like to add is The Carnation Cafe on Main Street for breakfast or lunch. The food is good, the prices are comparable to counter service and the ambiance is fantastic. I love having a relaxing meal while watching all the action on Main Street.

grego77
04-17-2007, 08:00 PM
awesome...thanks for the information! :mickey:

I'm sure I'll have more questions before I leave...but I feel better now, knowing to book a few restaurants, and which places to go! :thumbsup:

meldan98
04-18-2007, 12:39 PM
DL is a lot different as far as food goes. There are a few table service, but most are counter service. I think one of the best things at DL, besides the Monte Cristo (not to be missed...at the Blue Bayou) is the Chicken Fusuli (sp?) at the Pizza Port by Space Mountain. Order one serving and some bread sticks with dipping sauce and it is easily a meal for 2 and very, very yummy!!!

Disneyluvr2
04-18-2007, 11:26 PM
Oh, you're so right meldan98! That's one of my favorite meals too! The portions are VERY gernerous...more than one person can eat. Well, except for my hsuband! He would probably eat the whole thing himself!:mickey:

grego77
04-21-2007, 10:01 AM
I will definitely check out Pizza Port...I think I went there last time I went.

Again, thanks for the info! :mickey:

SebastiansDisneyMama
05-09-2007, 06:20 PM
I can't belive that know one mentioned Napa Rose. If you want a great dining experince and can afford it (or go for cocktails at lunch they have a nice appatizer menu they serve in the bar) The vintars table is a collection of 4-6 courses paired with some wonderful wine. I love this place!!!