PDA

View Full Version : ADR Tips??

TFrauts
04-17-2007, 02:54 AM
My fiance and I will be at disney for a week at the beginning of August. We have decided where we would like to go, but were wondering if anyone has been there could suggest good times to make our ADR's with regards to fireworks/light shows, parades, views, special requests that I may not normally think of... just anything you can think of that would be helpful would be great!! ALso, which restaurant is the best to go to while visiting certain parks(obviously the epcot restaurants will be the best for the day we are at epcot:o) )We are staying at OKW, and we have NOOOO idea how close certain restaurants are to other locations, etc!! Any info you gould give us would be appreciated!!(Even things like...finnish eating at 0:00 and head over to _____ for the _____) Sorry if I sound long winded...Im just excited!! :blush:
Our choices are as follows:
Makaresh
San Angel Inn
Aloha Dinner Show
CAlifornia Grill
Hoop Dee Doo
Thank you very much!!

wendy*darling
04-17-2007, 12:10 PM
It's hard to say exactly how much time to allow for meals. It depends on whether you are dine and dash types, or like to linger over your meal with good conversation and wine.

For me, if it's just me and DH, we may take about an hour for dinner. If the boys are with us- they were always anxious to get moving again. If we are dining with another couple (no kids) we could easily spend 2+ hours at dinner. So, first think about how you dine.

If you are dining inside a park and want to view the fireworks or parade after dinner, I would say plan to be finished with your meal about 30-45 minutes before the start of the event.

If you are dining outside of the parks (at a resort) and want to go back into the park for the event- plan for about 1-1.5 hours to get where you are going and find a good spot for viewing.

When you dine at Cali Grill- are you planning to watch the fireworks at dinner, or leave and get back to the MK?
If you want plan dinner during the fireworks, plan your ADR for about an hour prior to the fireworks. You should be seated and well into your meal by then, but not yet done.

I wouldn't necessarily plan other events on the nights you do the Luau and Hoop Dee Doo. Maybe shopping in Downtown Disney or a club or 2 at Pleasure Island.

You have some nice meals planned- enjoy! :mickey:

Figment!
04-17-2007, 12:13 PM
we have NOOOO idea how close certain restaurants are to other locations, etc!!
Dining Location Maps can be found in the INTERCOT Walt Disney World Dining Guide (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/diningguide/default.asp) for each of the Theme Parks and Downtown Disney.

Hope this helps with your planning! :balloon:

Kairi_7378
04-17-2007, 01:16 PM
You have some greaat meals planned! Is this going to be your honeymoon?

I noticed that you don't have any MGM restaurants in there... are you planning to see Fantasmic? It shouldn't be difficult to get from one of the Epcot restaurants to MGM to catch that one night.

When you call the dining hotline, mention that you would like to watch the fireworks (before or after, depending on your preference) your meal. They will help you schedule your meal appropriately, they will even look up the firework times for you! For the CA Grill, I'd suggest eating 1.5 to 2 hours before the firework times.

I've never eaten at Marakesh but I have eaten in other Moroccan restaurants with feasts and I know that these meals can take a long time because many course are served, so you might want to schedule a 1.5 hours for dinner at Marakesh. That will give you time to find a good spot for Illuminations!

TFrauts
04-17-2007, 11:52 PM
Thank you so much for your feedback!! It is exactly what we were looking for! Yes, we will be on our honeymoon! And We decided to go to the 50's cafe for one of our meals, in order to see fantasmic!
All of the other info is great!! THanks very much!!
Tiffany

wendy*darling
04-18-2007, 07:00 AM
Since it will be your honeymoon- the BIGGEST tip of all is to make sure you tell them when you are making your ADR's that you will be on your honeymoon.

Tell them when you check in at every restaurant.
Wear the Mickey & Minnie wedding ears.
Get a "honeymoon" button at City Hall.

Just make sure everyone knows it's your special time.
Magic has been known to happen! :pixie: