PDA

View Full Version : Question on Star Wars Weekend - Signings

Nicoles2248
04-16-2007, 09:18 PM
I notice that is says autograph signing. Is there a character dressed like Darth Vadar (who really wasn't someone who played him) there signing autographs as Darth Vadar? Or, like the day we're going, Warwick Davis is there. Will he be signing? Do we need to bring pics for him to sign or do they give out publicity shots and sign those? Are the shots of their characters or of themselves?
Thanks!

jokat
04-16-2007, 10:11 PM
:welcome:

:party: Welcome to Intercot!! :party:

We went for Star Wars Weekends in 2004. Originally it was just a cool bonus for my DH to be there during this event, but when I saw my first Storm Trooper I was like a little kid! There are lots of SW characters and most if not all will sign autographs. These are characters not enacted by the original actors and the characters will change out every so often. Really, we found it hard to get out of the area around the Star Wars ride because there was just so much interaction with the characters (guests and other characters alike). Very cool! Lots of meet and greet areas! Characters we met and got photos with included Chewbacca, Ewoks, Storm Troopers (all versions), The Emporer and Imperial Guards, Boba Fett, Luke & Leia, the Jedi council, Darth Maul, Tuscan Raiders, Jawas, a bunch of bounty hunters whose names escape me and numerous others. I believe all of these would sign autographs, but we were not collecting them at the time.

I know there was at least one actor from the original series who gave a talk and I think answered questions, maybe gave autographs too, but we didn't make that. We did see him in the parade however. R2D2 and C3PO were in the parade as well, but we never saw them at a meet and greet area. I'm sure someone else will be along soon with more info on the actor's autographs and if they have photos to offer.

I would definitely brave the crowds again for this event...it was awesome!

:yoda: :darth: :trooper:

Disneyfun
04-16-2007, 10:19 PM
As far as I remeber, the Disney CM's dressed up as Star Wars characters did not sign autographs, but did pose for pictures. I could be wrong about the face characters (ie Luke, Leia, etc.). I don't have a good recollection as I only took pictures with the stormtroopers! :trooper: :trooper:

The main reason that most Star Wars fans go to Star Wars Weekends go is for the autographs from the cast and crew from the 2 trilogies. The cast and crew will have a set number of sessions at which they will sign either pictures purchased from Tattoine Traders or items that you bring. I had Carrie Fischer sign a photo on session and on the second session she signed a Slave Leia figurine! For Carrie's session, guests were limited to only one item per session and the lines stated before midnight! Most if not all of the lines will not start that early...unless Harrison Ford decides to go - then the lines will start earlier than that!

Best bet for finding the rules on what and how many items can be signed by calling Disney information.

Cinderelley
04-17-2007, 02:35 AM
I notice that is says autograph signing. Is there a character dressed like Darth Vadar (who really wasn't someone who played him) there signing autographs as Darth Vadar? Or, like the day we're going, Warwick Davis is there. Will he be signing? Do we need to bring pics for him to sign or do they give out publicity shots and sign those? Are the shots of their characters or of themselves?
Thanks!

We went for two weekends in 2005. The kids loved it. Darth Vader is DS16's favorite & yes, he was signing autographs. He was in a building on Mickey Avenue I believe. You would need to bring something for them to sign. DS15 had them signing a hat that he bought there. The characters are really in-character, so he had a hard time getting some signatures - usually it involved some sort of stare down. They did have photos when the park opened of their "special guests" that were pre-signed. I guess if you went to one of the signings, you could have them really sign it.

Nicoles2248
04-17-2007, 12:42 PM
the lines stated before midnight! Most if not all of the lines will not start that early

Thanks for the info. Are these people lining up outside the park and waiting for it to open there? Or, do they actually open the park for people to wait in line? Just curious, as we're not actually going to stand out all night :) Thanks!

Carol
04-17-2007, 01:56 PM
I've been the past 3 years and have always been in the front of the line entering. I got there around 7AM. ;)

The Star Wars characters do sign autographs.

The celebrities are a different case. You need to get a Fast Pass for an autograph. We get in line for those first thing. They tend to be gone within the first hour. You're given a time slot to go for the signing to meet the celeb. :yoda:

Disneyfun
04-18-2007, 07:45 PM
The fast pass for the celebrity autographs is new since I went a few years ago. When we lined up at midnight when Carrie Fischer was there, we were at the main gate entrance for MGM. It was very relaxed and the CM's gave out numbered wristbands so that everyone would know what order they were in. It was fun, but was a long day!