PDA

View Full Version : What was the Odyssey?

poeticeclipse
04-16-2007, 08:16 PM
What was it and why was it closed down? I also heard that there was once a restaurant there. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

robhink
04-16-2007, 08:34 PM
It was a standard counter service resturant in epcot, one of the issues with it is that it's location isn't right on the main pathways and I think sales were very slow and they decided to close it for normal operations. It's still used for special events during the year.

Donald A
04-16-2007, 09:35 PM
It is a building still there used for special events. It is between future world and the world showcase on the Mexico side. I remember that it was a counter service place in the early 1990's and I remember eating there when my marching band went. I think it is now used for grand gatherings events for illuminations viewing.

MsMin
04-16-2007, 10:20 PM
It is used for the international grand gathering buffet and fireworks dinner. I remember when it was a restaurant when EPCOT first opened almost 25 years ago. :D

TiggerRPh
04-17-2007, 01:05 AM
They used to run a cute little character show there too.

SpecJoe Magic
04-17-2007, 01:17 AM
I've been going to WDW on a regular basis since 1981, and I can't remember a time when it was open. Maybe we just didn't go that way much when it was open. Does anyone know what year that it closed?

Spaceship Tigger
04-17-2007, 07:40 AM
I've been going to WDW on a regular basis since 1981, and I can't remember a time when it was open. Maybe we just didn't go that way much when it was open. Does anyone know what year that it closed?

I remember eating counter service burgers there back in '83 (my first trip) and maybe in '86 (not sure about that one). But I don't remember going there after that in the late '80s or early '90s.

DisneyTeen
04-17-2007, 09:22 AM
They used to run a cute little character show there too.

I remember this also. Couldn't tell you the year it was, but I remember Micky, Minnie, Donald, Pluto, Chip and Dale and Goofy and they were dressed up in mostly shinny silver space suits with like rainbow color bands around the knees and elbows. I think that the first dance number they did was something like "Clap Clap Clap, there's a party going on" but don't quote me on that one...