PDA

View Full Version : Driving to Aninmal Kingdom from the Poly?

Mom2princesses
04-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Hi everyone, I was talking to a friend of mine and he suggests that we drive to AK. The bus ride is a bit long since AK is the farthest and having a stroller on a busy bus is difficult too. At least 5 years ago (our last visit) the same bus goes to the Poly/WL/GF so the buses were pretty crowded. He says that they always drive to AK. What do you guys recomend? Drive via car or take the Disney bus? We have a 3 yo and they are no better than a 2 yo! :) Of course her 10 yo sister is queen of the whine!

Thanks!
:princess:

AuntLaura
04-16-2007, 08:47 PM
We usually drive. The only time we take the bus is if we are at another Park and make a last minute decision to go to AK. We agree - the bus ride to AK is long, esply if you have to stand. Parking is really quite convenient with the trams.

busterthebronco
04-16-2007, 08:54 PM
we allways drive.
we're from atlanta.
we're addicted to our car!

tinksmom02
04-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Well, we rent a car when we're down there, so we always drive LOL but I wanted to mention that I think the AK parking lot is the most manageable of all WDW parks. It seems smaller (duh, it probably is), and we're always within comfortable walking distance of the front gate.

Spaceship Tigger
04-17-2007, 07:48 AM
We'll be staying at the Poly and intend to drive to AK and MGM. We have our car with us so we always drive everywhere unless there is direct monorail/boat transportation. Busses are less convenient than driving yourself.

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
04-17-2007, 08:07 AM
We'll be staying at the Poly and intend to drive to AK and MGM. We have our car with us so we always drive everywhere unless there is direct monorail/boat transportation. Busses are less convenient than driving yourself.

ITA, this is what we do as well. The bus stops at AK are nearly as far as the parking lot anyway!! I also don't like having to wait for a bus after Fanttasmic!.

tikiman
04-17-2007, 11:03 AM
I would drive. The bus trip is not long at all but the bus can be crowded and we like to take things in the car incase we need them.

illini
04-17-2007, 06:46 PM
another vote for driving. i despise the busses!

vamaggie
04-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Count us in for driving as well-especially with kids. We have always driven to AK & MGM and even if you have to wait to get out of parking lots, you are in a car w/ AC and not a bus line. P.S. We should get your queen of the whine together with my 10 yr old DS--king of the whine!!!

ThanxForNoticin
04-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Another recommendation for driving there - it's pretty easy that way. Also, don't forget your resort parking pass - free parking at AK with that parking pass. Have a great time!

Mom2princesses
04-18-2007, 10:49 PM
P.S. We should get your queen of the whine together with my 10 yr old DS--king of the whine!!!

OMG this is too funny! I smile when I see people complain about 2 year olds. I just think to myself just wait!!! My 2 yo has it easy because compared to her big sister her tantrums are easy! :) Thanks for the smile

Mom2princesses
04-18-2007, 10:51 PM
Thanks everyone we will definitely drive! We also have an ADR for Hoop Dee Doo that night at 7 so it will be less stressful getting back to the hotel maybe relaxing a bit and freshing up to head out to the show.

:mickey: