PDA

View Full Version : Kona For Dinner?

illini
04-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Now that I've relaxed a tiny bit about CRT, on to some more interesting questions.

Last trip we did DDP right after it started. While we liked it, we did NOT care for all the running around. So this time, I'm trying to plan all of our ADRs to be at MK, Epcot, or on the monorail.

I've heard all about Kona for breakfast (too bad I'm not a fan of bananas!), but I'm curious to hear some input for dinner. We're doing 'Ohana one night (DH's favorite place, and I secretly suspect the only reason he let me book the Poly!), but I thought it would be super easy to do Kona one night, too. Menu sounded interesting.

Thoughts?

Tigger-N-Pooh
04-16-2007, 03:31 PM
We really enjoy eating at the Kona for dinner. In fact we make a plan to eat there for dinner each trip even if we are not staying at the Poly. It's casual and the food is really quite good. We just love it!

faline
04-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Just had a really yummy dinner there in January. It's a great place for dinner!

jacknsally02
04-16-2007, 03:41 PM
we ate at kona last time we went and we loved the food! and we've eaten everywhere in disney. I had a marinated steak that was awsome and my husband had a stir fry that he said was the best he ever had. have a great time!

TBY2225
04-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Kona was by far my favorite! The Macadamian Nut Mahi-Mahi was the best! Everyone in my party loved it and my very picky DD4 said she wanted to go back again! The Kona Coffee was wonderful also. We are planning on 2 trips to Kona in September this year!

mudpuppysmom
04-16-2007, 03:59 PM
We ate there last Sept. as a family (while on the DDP) and thoroughly enjoyed our dinner!!! While the place is pretty noisy, if you are there early, before it gets busy, or late, after everyone else eats.......the place is SO nice and quiet!!! As a family we were seated near the perimeter (right where you check in) and it was pretty noisy until crowds died off. DS and I ate here in December and we were seated right by the kitchen -- again it was kinda noisy, and busy until the crowds died off.......I really enjoy sitting down, ordering a Lapu Lapu and perusing the menu then enjoying dinner!!! My DS enjoys going too, the CM's there are really good with the kids!!

Natazu
04-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Kona is excellent, one of the best non-signature restaurants at WDW. I have more menu favorites there than anywhere... crab cakes, pot stickers, sticky wings, mahi, scallops, filet, and every single dessert.

EvilQueen2006
04-16-2007, 06:55 PM
I ate dinner there on my last trip and everyone enjoyed their meals. The Kiluhea Torte is to die for! The crab cake appetizer was amazing too.

Mom2princesses
04-16-2007, 07:17 PM
We have eaten there a few times and the food and service is always great. If you can save some room for the desserts! YUM and they look awesome too!

Great choices!

glenpreece
04-16-2007, 08:25 PM
I too love Kona Cafe!! It is by far my favourite restaurant on property for the food. The wings are the main reason, the mahi mahi was fantastic and I don't even like fish! The desserts are to DIE FOR!!!!!! It is an absolute must for lunch or dinner. we are doing it this Sept when we go.
GO KONA GO!!!!! lol

Crow
04-17-2007, 02:51 AM
i ate lunch here a few trips ago which was pretty good, and have dinner booked in May. glad to here good things about the MahiMahi which i was lookin at trying. mayb the crab cakes too
did finally have a LapuLapu last trip, so will def have that!

pogo
04-17-2007, 05:21 AM
And if you are a picky eater, such as myself, they have the best Prime Rib dinner I've ever had ! :D

Mickey'sGirl
04-17-2007, 08:35 AM
Kona is our favourite! I love the crab cakes and the scallops! Bring it on!! :eat:

CanadianWDWFan
04-17-2007, 08:51 AM
And if you are a picky eater, such as myself, they have the best Prime Rib dinner I've ever had ! :D
:ditto: I agree with Pogo! The prime rib was truly incredible! I was tempted by the Mahi Mahi, so next time I think I am going to have try it. :tasty:

illini
04-17-2007, 08:56 AM
Thanks, guys! I'm now more excited for this than any other meal on our trip. Bring on the crab cakes!

kmo84
04-17-2007, 07:00 PM
I love Kona, too.

We've had dinner there at least once for each of out last three trips. I love the wings, too!

You won't be disappointed! :tasty:

MinnieMommie
04-17-2007, 10:58 PM
We have dinner at Kona on every trip. Very relaxed atmosphere and very good food at a good price. I highly recommend. :mickey:

Mnchknbrat1982
04-18-2007, 12:27 AM
Is kona a good place for a very picky eater? I mean a meat and potatoes person that doesn't eat any veggies except corn? As I am trying to decide for our MK day between Whispering Canyon Cafe, Crystal Palace, and maybe here.
There will just be the two of us no kiddos.

MinnieMommie
04-18-2007, 07:31 PM
Is kona a good place for a very picky eater? I mean a meat and potatoes person that doesn't eat any veggies except corn? As I am trying to decide for our MK day between Whispering Canyon Cafe, Crystal Palace, and maybe here.
There will just be the two of us no kiddos.

DH is a picky eater/meat and potatoes sort. He loves Kona and orders the prime rib which is very,very good! :thumbsup:

moe513
04-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Kona always gets good reviews. We ate there once for breakfast and it was good. I think the over look of the placee is simple. No real Disney theme going on.

Natazu
04-19-2007, 12:53 PM
I just noticed we're having dinner there tomorrow night. Mmmm pot stickers and crab cakes.

Mickey'sGirl
04-19-2007, 01:09 PM
I just noticed we're having dinner there tomorrow night. Mmmm pot stickers and crab cakes.
You're making me jealous! WE don't go until next Friday.....Mmmmm crab cakes and scallops! :eat:

mickey-mouse35
04-19-2007, 07:04 PM
Ditto! The pot stickers, crab cakes and desserts are all to die for!!! Love this place!!! :number1:

Natazu
04-19-2007, 11:31 PM
You're making me jealous! WE don't go until next Friday.....Mmmmm crab cakes and scallops! :eat:

There's room for a few more.

Crow
04-20-2007, 06:18 AM
i still have 41 days or so til i eat dinner there
should i go w the sticky wings or crab cakes for app?
was looking at the Mahi Mahi for entree?
what about dessert?

Natazu
04-21-2007, 01:00 AM
i still have 41 days or so til i eat dinner there
should i go w the sticky wings or crab cakes for app?
was looking at the Mahi Mahi for entree?
what about dessert?

Baam! (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=102628)