PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice the Studios hours change on 4/24?

raider97
04-16-2007, 01:46 PM
I was rechecking the hours of the parks on the disney home page for our upcoming trip and noticed they changed their operating hours from closing at 8:30 to closing at 7 pm with no Fantasmic showing that day also. Anyone know why the change?

Thanks!!

Mickey'sGirl
04-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Hi Stephanie -- I don't have much information -- but we were called 2 weeks ago to be advised that our Fantasmic package booked 6 months ago was cancelled due to an early park closure -- They found a seating for us on the 25th (at 4pm!) for the package, however..... Maybe its a Grad Nite?

GrumpyFan
04-16-2007, 02:43 PM
It's probably due to a corporate event. MGM occasionally gets rented out for parties, corporate events or anything those who have the money want to do. When we were there in February 06, somebody had done this and they closed early.

tinksmom02
04-16-2007, 09:27 PM
It's probably due to a corporate event. MGM occasionally gets rented out for parties, corporate events or anything those who have the money want to do. When we were there in February 06, somebody had done this and they closed early.

Wouldn't it be nice to have that kind of money??? :cool: "What are you doing today?" "Oh, just thought we'd rent out MGM for the day!" LOL :party:

Rick Blaine
04-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi Stephanie -- I don't have much information -- but we were called 2 weeks ago to be advised that our Fantasmic package booked 6 months ago was cancelled due to an early park closure -- They found a seating for us on the 25th (at 4pm!) for the package, however..... Maybe its a Grad Nite?

Am I the only one who gets annoyed as heck at things like this? It is not that emergencies don’t occasionally happen, they do. In this case it seems that Disney just got a better offer, in other words more $$$, and decided to throw a bunch of people who have been planning things for months overboard. Maybe it would not annoy me so much if Disney did not freak out when people do things like double book restaurants. I’ve got a suggestion; we will stop double booking if Disney stops canceling our ADRs simply because they get a better offer.

Magic Smiles
04-17-2007, 09:01 PM
This happened to us last year at Universal Studios. The park closed at 7:00 and was for the MacDonald's Employees Convention from around the world. At least you have advance notice. We paid for our days pass at Universal and were not even told that the park was closing early. We found by accident while on a ride, which then explained why there were MacDonalds posters and flags hanging everywhere. I wouldn't have wanted to stay anyways. I have never seen so many people arriving at a park. Never been to Disney during the peak periods though.

battle beast
04-18-2007, 12:35 PM
IT stinks that your plans were messed up. I knopw what that's like.:angry: