PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: #4

King Triton
04-16-2007, 12:17 PM
Excellent responses to the first three questions so far. If you haven't voted on those, they're still open.

Here's the fourth...two night time events at Disney that are very different from each other:
- Hoop de Doo Revue
- Cirque du Soleil: La Nouba

Have fun with this one! ...and look for the next question in Theme Parks...probably tomorrow (Tues.)

BigRedDad
04-16-2007, 12:30 PM
HdDR is absolutely a blast. I remember seeing it when I was a kid and Pioneer Hall had all those "new" arcade games and the Big Al vibrating chair. La Nouba is fun as well, but I prefer the classic.

Lehman Family
04-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Why not both. I love both of them! Anyway, Cirque is a must see, but if you've already seen it, I'd go with HDDR. It doesn't matter how many times you've seen HDDR it's great everytime.

jenperich
04-16-2007, 01:38 PM
While Cirque du Soleil is amazing and absolutely gorgeous...I would have to vote for Hoop De Doo. Besides it being so much fun, it's much more worth your money than CDS...and it's fun for the whole family. Definitely stick with the classic.

IwannabeAprincess
04-16-2007, 01:44 PM
I have to admit, although the HDDR was fun and cute, I was not extremely impressed. I understand that it is a classic though and for what it is supposed to do it does it well. With Cirque du Soliel, however, I was AMAZED. Every night is a breathtaking performance and I could see it over and over again. I go every year I visit DW and am continually impressed with the acrobatics and theatrics these people are able to put on. With the HDDR, I could go to Disney again and be fine without seeing it.

Tynkerbelle
04-16-2007, 01:47 PM
I have to say HDD - it's definitely a classic. La Nouba was very entertaining, but I can't imagine doing it every trip. We do HDD whenever we're at WDW for more than just a long weekend and it never lets us down!

Jasper
04-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Talk about a question splitting hairs!! Both of these shows are excellent for an evening of entertainment, especially if you have not seen either one before.

faline
04-16-2007, 02:43 PM
I agree. Both are excellent shows in very different ways. I really can't rate one better than the other.

darthmacho
04-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Almost missed this one!

Both are good shows, but HDDR has a far more WDW feel to the show, doesn't it?

:trio: "Hoop dee doo, hoop dee doo!" :trio:

scottgr
04-16-2007, 04:21 PM
I loved La Nouba, but HDD is just a classic. The chicken is so good..yummm:mickey:

Bethanymouse
04-16-2007, 04:36 PM
This was a tough one for me......love both shows~ Very different but both fantastic. I had to go with Hoop de do. That nostalgia thing.....but both excellent!:mickey:

EvilQueen2006
04-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Just like the last question, I had to go with what i know. Hoop de Doo has huge nostalgic appeal for me. My late granfather was once pulled up to wear the tutu, and that's what I think about when I think of this show. I would love to see Cirque though, I bet it is amazing.

SBETigg
04-16-2007, 08:13 PM
We haven't done either and we eventually plan to try both. Hoop de Doo looks like good cheesy fun. While the DH wants to see La Nouba at some point, I have to admit that the costumes and makeup kind of creep me out. I have a slight clown phobia. So, in that case, Hoop de Doo wins with me.

ghost999
04-16-2007, 09:00 PM
the only reason i went with hddr was because we haven't done the cirque du solei yet but we hope to.:mickey:

avantgardeinker
04-17-2007, 09:26 AM
I haven't seen either show, but I've been wanting to see Cirque for a long time, so I went with that one.

:mickey:

Crow
04-18-2007, 11:37 PM
Cirque-3 times
havent been to HDD...not really on my list

Mickey91
04-19-2007, 10:56 PM
I went with Cirque. We were very fortunate to have tickets given to us by people who didn't have time in their schedule to go. It was absolutely the most amazing show we have ever seen! I highly recommend it!

dumbo ears
04-21-2007, 12:05 PM
id have to say cirque dis solei

pook@wdw
04-21-2007, 05:42 PM
No contest...HDDR hands down !!:woohoo: We have been every trip since 1975 and will not miss it during our future trips. :thumbsup:

GiltterDisneyGirl
04-22-2007, 04:08 AM
Hoop de Doo Revue doesn't that come with dinner?

well, i voted for La Nouba because I love that show and still can't wait to see it live one day.

RAIDER
04-23-2007, 06:09 AM
la nouba for me ...Hoop de do is rubbish :thumbsup:

mdearmas
08-02-2007, 10:31 AM
to me these can not really be compared. hoop de doo is fun and the food is great. Cirque du Soleil is an amazing theatrical show. I would do both if I could afford either again. LOL
:goofy: