PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone watch Drive?

JanetMegan
04-16-2007, 08:36 AM
I taped Drive last night, I didn't watch it, did anyone watch and can give me their opinion on it? Worth getting into? I'm more of a reality tv fan vs. serial type dramas, but I do enjoy Prison Break so I thought I might enjoy it-

cubbie
04-16-2007, 10:13 AM
I've never seen Prison Break, but from the commercials I've seen for that, I'd say Drive is very similar. It's actually a pretty good show. It's essentially Amazing Race, with Hollywood drama instead of reality drama. It's definitely worth a shot.

2Epcot
04-19-2007, 08:57 AM
Because I was in the process of moving, I only saw most of the second hour of the show. I was really looking forward to the series, but I wasn't very impressed. I'll watch another episode and give it one more chance.

ChipnDaleGal
04-19-2007, 09:56 AM
I have them in my DVR right now, but based on how poor it did in the ratings I am afraid to watch them. I don't want to get caught up in it and then have it disappear with no resolution. Think I will just keep taping it and see how it does the next few weeks before I attempt to watch.

Marker
04-19-2007, 01:42 PM
I watch. I like the show, but I don't know that it's really going to hook me.

As for what critics say, if I based all of my entertainment on what critics say, I would have missed a lot of movies/shows that I really liked. Critics, or even ratings, don't hold much water for me. Too often they like things I don't, and don't like things that I do. I'd rather just decide for myself instead of having them tell me what to think, or following the "trend".

JanetMegan
04-20-2007, 08:58 AM
I watched the first two hours and then half of the third hour so far. It grew on me a little bit. The first hour I found real slow and pretty boring but the second and third hours are better so far. I think what is getting me is the road scenes and chase type scenes seem VERY fake and computer generated to me...I like the characters though, so far at least.

JanetMegan
04-26-2007, 08:40 AM
By the way I think the answer is, nobody watched Drive. They cancelled it already!! Argh. I hate Fox. They get you all into something, air 3 EPISODES!! Just 3! And then can the show. They did the same thing to me with Justice. How are you even supposed to give the show a chance? Order only 5 episodes and then put it up against Dancing with the Stars and Heroes??? Stupid Fox.