PDA

View Full Version : Characters at the resorts?

PNWmom
04-15-2007, 10:45 PM
When we were at POFQ in 2002 there would be two characters in the lobby each morning. Is this still done?

McGoofy
04-15-2007, 11:25 PM
After 9-11, they had characters at the resorts instead of opening the parks early to resort guests. This only lasted a short while. Now they offer Early Magic Hours for resort guests. You can find the schedule here on Intercot that tells which parks open early and stay open late for Resort Guests.

KAJUNKING
04-16-2007, 01:29 AM
i have not been there when characters have been at the resorts, but i asume emh is a better option :mickey:

cinderellangel
04-16-2007, 07:14 AM
EMH is better because there's more time to see the characters. They don't stop visitng early, either. I was at the Magic Kingdom, taking part in the evening EMH and there were all the characters at 12:30 am. It was great and we got sufficient time with the characters to take pictures. :thumbsup:

PS: I really miss the Character Holiday bus. :( I really hope they bring that back.

God bless and happy Mickey

McGoofy
04-16-2007, 09:44 AM
i have not been there when characters have been at the resorts, but i asume emh is a better option :mickey:

I was there, and I have to say EMH is most definitely better. We were at All Star Movies at the time, and there were only about 3 or 4 characters in the lobby. I remember Pinocchio being one of them. The lines were so long to see the characters that we did not even bother. It was in the morning rush of everybody trying to get to the parks, so everybody was in the lobby at the same time. I agree with the previous poster that said EMH allows ample opportunity for pictures with characters in the parks.