PDA

View Full Version : When do you order a fridge for your room?

Mom2princesses
04-15-2007, 10:45 PM
I usuall book our trip on the Disney site but this year my husband decided to go through a travel agency. They did get us great rates on our plane tickets but they didn't order a fridge for our room. We are staying at the Poly. Anyhow our agent told us we can just ask when we check in but I'm affraid to wait that long. Should we call and request it before the trip? Or is it ok to just order it when we get there in August? We definitely need one to keep milk and small snacks in it for the kids.

Thanks in advance for your help! I am so looking forward to our trip especially here in the northeast today where we are getting pelted with this nasty noreaster.

:princess:

imaprincess!
04-15-2007, 10:50 PM
I would order it ahead of time, as I understand there are a limited number available.

:secret:

BronxTigger
04-15-2007, 11:14 PM
Okay, someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

My understanding is that fridges are already in all the Moderate and Deluxe hotel rooms, and that it is only the Values that you need to request a fridge. Is this correct?

LynneM
04-15-2007, 11:21 PM
There are fridges in all rooms at the Poly, so you don't need to request anything.

All moderate and deluxe rooms have fridges; you'd only need to request one if you were staying at a value.

Mom2princesses
04-16-2007, 07:38 AM
Thanks everyone! So for the last three stays we requested a fridge for nothing! :) DUH on me! Guess I was fooled because on the WDW site you are asked if you want a fridge.

vamaggie
04-16-2007, 07:58 AM
I'm glad you got everything resolved but the question to me remains: Why didn't your travel agent know that the Poly (and all deluxes) already have fridges in them? Makes me wonder how much s/he really knows about Disney and what advice s/he is giving you about planning your trip! After a miss like this, I would question all the advice I got from this person and would double check here on Intercot (p.s. we have done 2 trips to WDW so far: one with a TA, one by ourselves. We are planning a trip in Nov and are using MJ. Feel much more confident and sure we are getting a good deal.)

sbryan84
04-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the post!! I was wondering that myself and wasnt sure what to do. Im staying at the CB in Sept and wasnt sure if i had to request a fridge and when to do it. You now answered all my questions, so thanks!!

Also, i would like to comment on that northeastern weather we are having! SNOW TODAY! its APRIL 16th!?! crazy...

cant wait for the warm weathers of Disney :cloud9:

KAT1811
04-16-2007, 05:41 PM
From what I understand the refrigerators being standard in the moderates is a relatively new phenomenon?

lindique
04-16-2007, 05:50 PM
Yes, I think it's only been the last 2 or 3 years or so - since they renovated Port Orleans.

Mom2princesses
04-16-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm glad you got everything resolved but the question to me remains: Why didn't your travel agent know that the Poly (and all deluxes) already have fridges in them? Makes me wonder how much s/he really knows about Disney and what advice s/he is giving you about planning your trip! After a miss like this, I would question all the advice I got from this person and would double check here on Intercot (p.s. we have done 2 trips to WDW so far: one with a TA, one by ourselves. We are planning a trip in Nov and are using MJ. Feel much more confident and sure we are getting a good deal.)

I totally agree. Unfortunately I didn't find this site until after we booked but I will definitely use MJ for our future trips to WDW. We probably won't go back for a couple of years. Probably when my 3 yo is 5 or 6. We need to save up for the next trip but I will definitely use MJ for our next trip.