PDA

View Full Version : Dolewhips

ghost999
04-15-2007, 09:37 PM
how many of ya'll have had dolewhips, i know i have. Now it may just be me but are thos dolewhips good or what. I LOVE THEM! :papple: :papple:

Maleficent's Dad
04-15-2007, 09:39 PM
Good stuff - especially in that summer heat! :thumbsup:

scottgr
04-15-2007, 10:05 PM
They are so good...yummmmmm :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Wa-a-y past "good"....:cloud9: And even more appreciated when you are about to collapse from the heat:drama:...Just save enough strength to crawl up to the counter....:ambal:
(Check to make sure the stand is open/working before you get yourself in that state...) :sun:

pogo
04-15-2007, 10:11 PM
I've never had one ! :(

But we are going to take care of that on April 22nd at our Intercot "Mini Meet" at MK ! :D

mrsgaribaldi
04-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Dh and I just agreed we are having one in 19 days:thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
04-15-2007, 10:17 PM
Are Dole Whips just the pineapple ice cream? Do you have to ask for a Dole Float to get the pineapple ice cream and juice thing? We asked for a Dole Whip at the Pirate and Princess party in Feb. and got pineapple ice cream. So I wonder when people say Dole Whip if you're talking about a kind of ice cream or a float. :confused:

Kairi_7378
04-15-2007, 10:47 PM
You have to ask for a Dole Float to get the ice cream and juice combo. The cool thing is that both the Dole Whip and the Dole Float count as a snack credit on the DDP! :mickey:

Brer Mickey
04-15-2007, 10:48 PM
Yes, Dole Whip is the frozen pineapple dessert. However, it is served in a variety of ways. It can be served straight, just the pineapple, or you can have it swirled with vanilla , or it can be served as a float in pineappple juice either with the pineapple, vanilla or swirled.

My personal favorite is the vanilla ice cream served in a float with the pineapple juice. It is freezing cold, delicious and very satisfying.

Dang, now you've gone and got my mouth all watering for a pinneappple float! Oh well, I guess I just have to wait until December for my next Dole treat.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Dang, now you've gone and got my mouth all watering for a pinneappple float! .

You are so right!!!!! The float is my favorite, too...Now I am going to have to go downstairs and try to find something remotely resembling this taste because I am climbing the walls! I don't know how I'm going to wait till my trip for one!! (I don't think I even have orange juice!)
:bang: :fit: :papple:

prttynpnk
04-16-2007, 10:39 AM
A dolewhip is a blessed thing- nectar of the Disney Gods!

crazeedizneefinatic
04-16-2007, 12:05 PM
I LOVE Dole Whips! I ususally just get the plain old dole whip in a cup. Now that I know they are on the DDP as a snack credit, I know where my 9 credits are going in September!!:party:

DisneyDudet
04-16-2007, 01:20 PM
We do the dole whip float. Its the greatest!

We do it every trip. Dad usually heads down to SSTT to get a citrus swirl. I also get a strawberry swirl!

When we went in Jan 06, mom and I ate strawberry swirls, then made the loop all the way to dole whips... then ate dinner (corn dog nuggets from casey's) while waiting for Wishes...

Now thats what I call eating around the world!

magicman
04-16-2007, 01:43 PM
The Dole Whip Float is a great idea because "Dole Whip Meltage" is a known problem that I have had to deal with. Next time I'm doing the float.

DisneyorBust
04-16-2007, 07:04 PM
I'll take a Dole Whip and a warm day in Adventureland anytime!:number1:

lilmattie13
04-17-2007, 01:40 AM
Love Love Love the Dole whip.

Can't wait til Sept to have one;)

Did not know it is considered a snack option. Oh that is wonderful news.:party:

It is such a nice relief especially when you are hot, tired and thirsty.....

MMMMMMMMMMM cant wait...

ghost999
04-17-2007, 09:01 PM
i never should have started this:mad: now all of our mouths are watering because we don't have dolewhips near us, we NEED dolewhips :papple:

Yano
04-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Just came back from WDW yesterday and yes, I finally tried the Dolewhips.
I asked several CM @ Magic kingdom where I can find them and after a while I did.
I tried the float and loved it.
I'm soooo thurstey I wish i can have one now.
Thank you guys for introducing me to this tasty treat.
:grad: :flower:

Ten of Hearts
04-18-2007, 12:22 AM
Those Dole whips are a real treat... very special... :mickey:

sunshinegirl
04-18-2007, 10:38 AM
We do the dole whip float. Its the greatest!

We do it every trip. Dad usually heads down to SSTT to get a citrus swirl. I also get a strawberry swirl!

When we went in Jan 06, mom and I ate strawberry swirls, then made the loop all the way to dole whips... then ate dinner (corn dog nuggets from casey's) while waiting for Wishes...

Now thats what I call eating around the world!

When we went May 06 my DD (4) loved the Dole Whip even though she won't touch pineapple anything at home. She said they are not pineapple whips mommy they are dole whips, I like dole, not pineapple!

Where did you get the strawberry swirl?? What is a strawberrry swirl? Thanks!

Disney Doll
04-18-2007, 02:21 PM
They are good, but in my opinion, the floats are better. We get one every trip to eat while we watch the afternoon parade.

thrillme
04-18-2007, 02:39 PM
I'm another Dole Float fan. I've got some friends going to Disney just for a couple of days at the end of May...Is there anyplace they can get one of these tasty treats in Animal Kingdom or Epcot?

Goes4FastPass
04-18-2007, 03:44 PM
I just figured out how, outside of T-Shirts, to identify Intercotees in the MK:

Just yell, "Dole Whip!" and look for folks with :cloud9: floating over their heads!

Ai, yi, yi....

ghost999
04-18-2007, 07:45 PM
NOOO i still have about 170 days before i can have another one, unless i go to hawaii, NOOOOOOO 170 more days, NOOOOOO

Magic Smiles
04-18-2007, 11:03 PM
The recipe is posted under the Tab - Info Central. Pineapple Dole Whip.

poeticeclipse
04-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Which kind do I get? The float or the ice cream? So many choices!!!!

just2mickey
04-20-2007, 02:00 PM
I cannot believe that I made some 10 trips before wrapping my lips around one of those refreshing drinks:papple: of paradise. YUMMY!

GrmGrninGost
04-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Dolewhips? The nectar of the gods!!::mickey: :thumbsup:

Goes4FastPass
04-20-2007, 05:44 PM
Some of you sound like you're going to hyperventilate.

:papple: :faint: :crazy: :ambal:

The last time I checked a Dole Whip is a pineapple smoothie.

"OK kids, we've got time for one more thing today. Cinderella is giving away kisses and diamonds at the castle... or we can go get another Dole Whip."

bytheway, aren't there ususally tons of bees around the Dole Whip stand? Let's ask Mary!

The honey bees that fetch the nectar,
From the flower to the comb,
Never tire of ever buzzing too and fro.
Because they take a little nip,
From every Dole Whip that they sip,
And hence (and hence),
They find (they find),
Pine-ap-ple suits them fine...

dolphinmickey9170
04-20-2007, 06:26 PM
un-be-lievable!!:papple:
my hubbie and I will take care of you if you don't quite make it to the counter.
:ambal: :fireman:

thejens
04-20-2007, 09:14 PM
I too would like more information about the float options. I did like the Dole Whip but was not as excited about it as everyone here. But I think it was just missing the vanilla ice cream float!

grego77
04-21-2007, 10:08 AM
I am excited to have my first experience with Dolewhips/Dolefoats next month. YAY! :mickey:

*mouth waters*:thumbsup:

MickeyDreamer
04-21-2007, 03:55 PM
Had two in the past 10 day's loved them. We also found another treat we had not tried before just down the path aways in adventureland called a citrus swirl. This was vanilla ice cream swirled with orange citrus ice cream. This was also very enjoyable. :thumbsup:

texasteacher
07-27-2007, 08:16 PM
I am going to try a Dole float in December when I go. I didn't even know there was such a thing. I only knew about the orange citrus swirls at the Sunshine Tree Terrace. Those are incredible and have been a "must" on all of my Disney trips (this will be #10). I may have to try a strawberry swirl also since I just found out about those today!

IloveDisney71
07-28-2007, 08:25 PM
I love the Dole Floats and I'm sure you will too. I have to get my Dole "fix" on every trip! :papple:

Gusgus
07-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Well I am the weird one. I don't like them... at all. Nor does my family. My children near spit it out. All this talk makes me wonder if I should try it again, but wow do I remember it being bad! Anyone else not like them?

Gusgus

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-29-2007, 12:25 AM
I hadn't ever heard of them before coming to Intercot. But now I have to have one or more every trip. I usually get the pineapple/vanilla swirl. But if they are a snack credit, I might try the float this time around.

snifflesmcg
07-29-2007, 05:09 AM
I can't wait to have my first one in September.

princessjojo
07-29-2007, 08:30 AM
I've heard and read all about them. I'm cautious though to try one. I don't like pineapple too much, maybe because I ate sooooo much when I was pregnant, but I may just have to share one with one of the DS's.

PlutoToo
07-29-2007, 09:42 AM
My husband doesn't like pineapple either so he didn't want his own dole whip. I offered him a bite of mine to taste. Needless to say I was back in line to get another one of my own. He refused to give it back to me.:D