PDA

View Full Version : AKL Construction?

wdwjenn
04-15-2007, 08:36 PM
My family and I will be staying at AKL in October, pool view:vacation:
Does anyone know where the construcion will be and how it will interfere with our trip?
I understand that the construction is during the day but my two year old will need to nap in the afternoon and I want to make sure it won't be too loud :stop:
Thanks for your help!! :cloud9:

TammiMcMan
04-15-2007, 09:07 PM
It's really hard to predict construction schedule this far out. If they don't have delays, then you'd be looking at some area's to be complete in July, others in September and final completion in December. Currently there have been reports of some loud construction days, but if all goes well, it should be minimized by the fall. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone can give you a much clearer answer.

Spaceship Tigger
04-16-2007, 07:31 AM
From what I read here on Intercot, the construction covers the entire 5th and 6th floors of the entire resort. I certainly would stay away from the 4th floor as a room choice. We backed out of our AKL reservation for September when we heard about the construction. We remembered our '05 AKL trip when workers were working on an area near Boma and outside at the stream by the pool. During the day, even this minor work helped to undermine the ambience of the resort with power tools.