PDA

View Full Version : Disney moments

dopeydude
04-15-2007, 07:24 PM
What Chokes you up at WDW

iluvdizney2
04-15-2007, 07:48 PM
When I am sitting in front of the castle and seeing/hearing wishes. I get lost in the moment when I am sitting with my kids and watching this. Knowing full well we may not have another day to make another wish....to know we have gotten that far, to hear that little girl sing, it sends chills and I am once again drawn into the magic....through glistening tears.:cloud9:

pogo
04-15-2007, 08:03 PM
When I walk up Main Street on the first day of our visit and realize that I'm home again. :D

Pop Centurion
04-15-2007, 08:07 PM
When I look out the window of the ME bus when we're leaving. :(

RockChalkKimball
04-15-2007, 08:12 PM
I was there in October with my DD who is 18. We went to Illuminations and standing there with her,:crying: as the finale was playing I started really boo hooing. I also get choked up at Wishes. :crying:

PrincessEmmasMommy
04-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Last time we were there, watching my DD almost 3 at the time at the Festival of the Lion King and Tiki Room shows clapping, singing and dancing really got me. I am so sappy!
Jen

ghost999
04-15-2007, 09:22 PM
hearing "Welcome Home"

pink967
04-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Walking on to Main Street and all the memories from my Gran and the times we spent there come flooding back.:)

tinksmom02
04-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Watching DD's face light up with joy as we enter MK.

I also got really choked up at the WDW Speedway in January as my dad was driving. He's been through some really rough times lately, and just knowing that I gave him this awesome gift that brought a genuine smile to his face (a rare occurance), brought tears to my eyes.

Crazy what get to you, huh? :blush:

Kairi_7378
04-15-2007, 10:01 PM
I cried when they sang "Good Morning" in front of the Magic Kingdom and Mickey waved from the train, and when we threw the pixie dust to open the park. My husband and I waited 5 years to take our honeymoon and it was a great way to start the vacation.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-15-2007, 11:09 PM
I was there in October with my DD who is 18. We went to Illuminations and standing there with her,:crying: as the finale was playing I started really boo hooing. I also get choked up at Wishes. :crying:

Same here! Being with my DD MickeysPrincess and friend Just2Mickey--I pretty much cry just hearing Wishes on our CD!

berri_boo
04-15-2007, 11:22 PM
Everything!!

When I hear any music from Wishes or Spectro Magic. I cried at the 4th of July IllumiNations because of the patriotic music - at that time my brother was in Iraq with the US Army and just thinking of where he was in comparison to where I was it just really got to me!!!!

Looking at any of the pictures my DH & I took while there on our honeymoon.

Remembering how I felt when we got on the ME bus & pulled away from PO-FQ and then when the "Goodbye" video starting playing on the ride to MCO......

Seeing Disney commercials on TV make me cry.....gosh I'm such an emotional wreck :cry:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-16-2007, 12:19 AM
The look on Sean, Riley and Taylor's faces when we land in Orlando.
Then the look on their faces when we walk into whatever park we are going to that day.
How about their smiles when we head into POTC, our first ride each time we visit MK.
The giggles when they see the characters, especially Pluto and for my DD, the Princesses.
The memories every time I think of our vacations there.

Have I rambled enough??!! :blush: :cloud9:

2Epcot
04-16-2007, 12:37 AM
Watching the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom... When I walk into Epcot (I always remember being there the first time with my entire family)... Also the finale of Fantasmic, I love that show. :smickey:

BigRedDad
04-16-2007, 04:52 AM
None yet, but as my 15 month old daughter grows and develops a sense of her favorite characters for her first trip in 2009. It will be when the magic is able to present her with her dreams of meeting her favorite characters.

BritCody
04-16-2007, 07:04 AM
For me it is all about the smiles on my childern's face. Seeing them enjoying themselves and having a great time is all that it is about.

But if I had to pick one moment it would be from our trip last year. My children are both teens now. They call me DAD, now that they are older, but when they where toddlers it was always DADDY. Well, we just entered the MK and we were on Main Street and there were a few characters from Robin Hood . So they got a picture with one of them and they wanted to get the other two also. Both of my kids turned to me and with excitement in their voices they said "Let's go over here DADDY" and Come on DADDY another picture". I don't think I moved for 30 seconds I just stood there, it was like they were 5 & 3 all over again.

MindyMouse
04-16-2007, 07:24 AM
Watching the rope drop ceremonies at the Magic Kingdom. The whole atmosphere gets me all choked up!

WDWfeelslikehome
04-16-2007, 08:04 AM
DW and I went for a belated honeymoon. She loves Cinderella, we were in Frontierland watching the late Spectromagic and Cinderella stopped and said hello to my DW, as Cinderella walked away Doc came up and danced around with my DW, she burst out crying in tears o' joy.:thumbsup:

T-Belle
04-16-2007, 08:09 AM
When I walk up Main Street on the first day of our visit and realize that I'm home again. :D

:ditto:

Smelling those Main Street smells, seeing the castle for the 1st time that trip...WOW, brings a tear to my eyes everytime!!

wifey5794
04-16-2007, 08:49 AM
For me it used to be just watching the fireworks at MK.

But watching our kids and experiencing all of the Disney Magic with them even the little things will bring me to tears.

My family just rolls their eyes and hands me the tissues!

:rolleyes:

allie_to_you
04-16-2007, 09:00 AM
When I am sitting in front of the castle and seeing/hearing wishes.

Looking at any of the pictures my DH & I took while there on our honeymoon.

Amen to all of these! They all give a tug at my heartstrings and make me feel so happy!

Imakejessicarabbitjelous
04-16-2007, 09:12 AM
my brother is disabled and he often forgets so every time we go to disney and he sees his favorite disney characters all over again his face lights up cause he thinks its the first time!!:):joy::stitch:is his fave!

castlegirl
04-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Same a previous posters...walking down Main Street, watching the opening ceremonies at MK, Illuminations and Wishes, watching my children's faces, WDW TV commercials...

On our first family trip, my DS was 9 and his favorite movie was "Lion King". I cried as he sat in awe watching "The Festival of the Lion King" at AK. I'll never forget his expression.

BTW, I even got teary eyed reading everyone's replies. I'm very sappy.:cry:

imaprincess!
04-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Whenever I hear

"When you wish upon a star .... "

:minnie: :pixie: :fworks:

LucyintheSky
04-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Same stuff alot of people have said. But i also love the Peace on Earth ending to Illuminations during the holidays. That ALWAYS gets me, as many times as I've seen it, even when I watch it on video.

darthmacho
04-16-2007, 10:28 AM
Entering any park, early in the morning, while everything is fresh and dewey, not too hot, and the whole day is ahead of me...

Also, seeing the look on DD's face when she meets the characters.

Also, enjoying any part of WDW, at any time, with just my wife.

prttynpnk
04-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Entering any park, early in the morning, while everything is fresh and dewey, not too hot, and the whole day is ahead of me...

So true! The colors are just so much brighter and it feels like it's all there just for us!

meldan98
04-16-2007, 12:00 PM
There are too many to list them all...but here are few that get me....

The fireworks, the parades, my daughter running up to Mickey and dancing with him for the first time (buckets and buckets for that one), holding my daughter's hand and walking through the castle (just like Walt and Mickey) and of course the Candlelight Processional.

Tynkerbelle
04-16-2007, 02:28 PM
The real question is what doesn't make me cry at WDW - I'm crying just reading this post!

The usuals - Wishes, Illuminations, walking down Main St and seeing the castle, the end of Fantasmic when Sorcerer Mickey appears....

The firsts and lasts of the trip - driving through the gates, seeing Mickey, riding the monorail, walking through whichever resort we're staying at, any special event (Candlelight Processional is a real tearjerker)....

disneymom2000
04-16-2007, 02:41 PM
When I take someone for the first time and see their face everytime they experience something new. No one ever believes how much there is until they are actually there.:fworks: :welcome:

SandmanGStefani24
04-16-2007, 02:52 PM
The one that really gets me is the ending of Spaceship Earth where all the echos of the voices start playing. I think about my life and how much I have done and how so much has changed over the 3 decades I have ridden it (84, 95, 05) and yet each time I ride it, the same feeling fills my heart. Also, when I stand in front of the geosphere for the first time and take it all in.
Last trip I also rode Star Tours, and while we were in the queue line the theme song was at it's quiet, slow point where just the clarinet is playing by itself. Whenever I hear that part I remember me and the Mrs at the entrance to the ride.

Keep this post going! This is one of my favorites! :darth:

just2mickey
04-16-2007, 03:04 PM
The real question is what doesn't make me cry at WDW - I'm crying just reading this post!

I hear you! I tear up all the time. The sweetest memory for me was when we were leaving the Magic Kingdom and my daughter (then 6) took me by the hand and said, "Don't cry Mama, we'll bring you back again really soon!":crying: :cry:

OctDisney
04-16-2007, 03:38 PM
The one that really gets me is the ending of Spaceship Earth where all the echos of the voices start playing. I think about my life and how much I have done and how so much has changed over the 3 decades I have ridden it (84, 95, 05) and yet each time I ride it, the same feeling fills my heart. Also, when I stand in front of the geosphere for the first time and take it all in.
Last trip I also rode Star Tours, and while we were in the queue line the theme song was at it's quiet, slow point where just the clarinet is playing by itself. Whenever I hear that part I remember me and the Mrs at the entrance to the ride.

Keep this post going! This is one of my favorites! :darth:

Mine is also Spaceship Earth and at the end of the ride when they are narrating about the future and the possibilities. I was riding with my son and looked at him and wondered what his life will be like and all the possibilities that lie ahead of him and for me to make sure he does not make the same mistakes I had. I also know that for at least one tiny week out of his life that we were at a place where one can dream and be free, both father and son.

Bethanymouse
04-16-2007, 04:40 PM
So many things....
the first glimpse of the castle
walking down main street the first day
walking down main street the last day
wishes
ME last day

Too many to count!

CU Tiger
04-16-2007, 04:42 PM
The thing that gets me choked up :cry: is the first boat ride from FW to DW and watching my DD’s expression as we make the turn around the Contemporary resort and see the castle for the first time. My DD’s just sit in silence with the largest smile on their face:D . Priceless!!:thumbsup: :mickey:

joonyer
04-16-2007, 05:32 PM
It never fails. I get teary eyed every time during Wishes when I hear "When you wish upon a star . . " Wishes, Dreams coming true, Magic. It's just magical. I become a kid again, for my kids, if that makes any sense. :fworks:

magicman
04-16-2007, 06:03 PM
I tear up when I see the excitement in my kids faces as they furiously wave & scream to the characters in the parades (particularly during Spectromagic).

Also, there is something so special about those first two notes of WISHES.

LoriMistress
04-16-2007, 06:22 PM
There are numerous things that choke me up. Seeing the enterance of MK and walking through MSUSA and seeing Cinderella's Castle for the first time...it just brings me to tears. Also listening to the music that's played throughout the parks. It always gets to me. And seeing Donald Duck and giving him a big hug.:cloud9:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
04-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Wow...good question.

I would say SpectroMagic at night...arriving at the park for the first time...the opening and closing of Fantasmic! gets my choked up...Checking out gets me really choked up...pretty much any parade does too...and even listening to music CD's (like Music from the Park, for example) when I am prepping for a trip to WDW can get me choked up...not sure why...

...but I guess it's just....part of the magic! :thumbsup:

Chris :hatter:

kathiep
04-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Walking through the castle with my kids.

Watching their faces light up with each new character they see.

Listening to them report everything exciting thing they see.

The Bookseller
04-17-2007, 08:54 AM
I have to answer Illuminations at EPCOT.

A real tearjerker, I can tell!

Bruegge
04-17-2007, 09:47 AM
For me it was the first character interaction. Goofy in front of magic kingdom ... The DD4's face lit up....

After I took the picture I leaned into Goofy (Him/her) and said quietly "I know it uncomfortable in there but I am so jealous of you, You get to see a look on my child's face I only see on christmas morning"

He/She hugged me really tight...and squeezed for that extra second.. that told me... that he/she knew exactly what I meant.

Scott

haunted_mansion
04-17-2007, 10:20 AM
The day I asked my wife to marry me, in front of Cinderella's Castle. It was just starting to rain and my wife wasn't sure why I was stopping her in the middle of the sidewalk and pulling her back toward the castle entrance. We stopped close to the front of the castle entrance, I dropped to one knee, and the rest is history.

We bought a glass slipper in a nearby store and had it engraved with the date.

We're leaving NC and heading down to Disney World for our 3rd time, this Friday. When we get to Magic Kingdom, I'm going to find that spot in front of the castle again, lead her to it again and give her a big kiss.

dolphinmickey9170
04-17-2007, 11:15 AM
reading all these stories is making me well up with happy tears. I just can't wait another minute to leave.

18 days and counting

kaliepooh
04-17-2007, 11:31 AM
For me it was seeing my son's expression when he realized we were at Disney for the first time. He didn't understand the magnitude. He knew that we were going to Disney but when we got to the Hotel and Magic Kingdom, he was so excited, he gave me the biggest hug and kept jumping up for joy. He said this must be how it feels to be in Heaven!

Seeing the Castle for the first time during our visit and watching Spectromagic does it for me. When I talk about them I get teary eyed. My employees think I'm mad except one who is also a Disney Nut! August 13th, is soooooo far away!!!

I love to hear the stories please don't stop!!!

Marilyn Michetti
04-17-2007, 12:10 PM
The Flag retreat !:flag:

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
04-17-2007, 12:45 PM
My first big choke up is the Good Morning show at Magic Kingdom, I don't know why but it just really chokes me up.

The other time I get choked up is during Wishes because i think back to the first time I went down with my now fiance and how much it meant to me.

AliceinDisney
04-17-2007, 01:15 PM
The Good Morning Opening Ceremony at Magic Kingdom brings a smile and some happy tears to my eyes in the morning! I also get choked up when I get on the train ride at Main Street because it makes me think of Walt and him riding the train around the park smiling at everyone! I also get choked up when I see a beautiful Snow White doll, because it reminds me of when my mom bought me a beautiful Snow White doll on my first trip to WDW when I was five! The moment I step in Main street I always feel like singing, I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street USA haha. People would think I was nuts though. I get so giddy at WDW!

deltaxi108
04-18-2007, 03:28 PM
I always have such a hard time fighting back the tears after I watch the movie in MGM about Walt. He was such a amazing man that gave us all such a great gift, and I get so choked up when I hear his voice and think that he never got to see what a wonderful place he created in Florida.

grumpycajun
04-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Taking our traditional last ride on Spaceship Earth before having to go back to the room and pack to go home. Something about that music and knowing we have to leave gets me every time.:sob:

boobalk
04-18-2007, 05:46 PM
The American Adevnture! The song about the 2 brothers on opposite sides during the civil war...always brings a tear to my eye!!

Mickey91
04-19-2007, 11:55 AM
Watching wishes on the last night we are at WDW. I walk backward all the way down Main Street USA. Tears are flowing by the time I have to turn the corner and relinquish the view.

SandmanGStefani24
04-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Watching wishes on the last night we are at WDW. I walk backward all the way down Main Street USA. Tears are flowing by the time I have to turn the corner and relinquish the view.

I hate that "last look" at Spaceship Earth before I have to go home. I always hate to turn away and turn my back on what I love so much. :(

castlegirl
04-19-2007, 08:59 PM
I thought of another one...

The Candlelight Processional at Epcot over the Holidays.

It was so moving hearing the Christmas story with the large chorus singing Christmas carols, and all the beautiful holiday lights and decorations. It was just beautiful! :tree: