PDA

View Full Version : Don Cesar in St. Pete

TikiGoddess
04-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Hi all,

We will be in Tampa this summer and I am hoping to get my husband out for a nice dinner without the kids. We haven't been to the Don Cesar resort before (drove by it once but didn't get to stop) and it looks like a nice place to spend an evening.

Has anyone been to the Sea Porch Cafe or the Maritana Grill? Any reviews? We would probably go to the Sea Porch Cafe because the Maritana is a little out of our budget (although I think I could persuade my DH to go there if everyone says it's out of this world!).

Thanks,
TikiG

Edited to add: If anyone has other restaurants to recommend, we are looking for a place for fine dining somewhere in the St. Pete-Clearwater area. Thanks!

SBETigg
04-15-2007, 07:38 PM
My husband was at the Sea Porch Cafe a few weeks ago for a business dinner. His rating was "okay." But there were twenty people in his party, so if they did "okay" for twenty, they might do pretty well for two. Atmosphere, a little "cheesy", a lot of wicker. But the Don Cesar was nice, and an interesting place. I think it might be a good place to try. I wish I'd been there. I could be a lot more helpful if I had the firsthand experience.

PrincessEmmasMommy
04-15-2007, 08:57 PM
I've never stayed there, but I used to live in Tampa during college. Don Cesar has a great reputation. It is a little pricey, but beautiful. The head parrot himself (Jimmy Buffett for you non-parrotheads) stays there when he has concerts in Tampa. Great restaraunt down the street (Sea Critters Cafe in Pasagrille Beach).
Good luck!
Jen