PDA

View Full Version : Spin-off to Picture thread

jrpersinger
04-15-2007, 07:11 PM
in Mousellaneous....

There were some really great pictures posted in that topic and it really made me decide it was time to upgrade and get a better camera. We currently have two Kodak Easyshare point and shoot digitals. There are great but they definatly don't take "Great" pictures. I have actually been shopping around for a month or two for a camera, but it was more browsing with the idea to buy in the future... now, I am going to buy one soon!

So what kind of camera does everyone have? Or what would your dream camera be?

The few I have been eyeballing are the Pentax K10D, Canon Rebel XTI and Nikon D40x or D80. Possibly even the Olympus Evolt E500(with the dual lens package).... I just have no idea which one to get tho. But I am leaning very strongly towards the Pentax! :cloud9:

pogo
04-15-2007, 07:48 PM
:hi: Hi Jessica..... My photo's :photo: were all taken with a cheapo Kodack Easyshare Camera. They're not the best but I'm still learning all the features and how to use them.:D

jrpersinger
04-15-2007, 10:03 PM
We have a Kodak DX 7630 and a CX7300. DH took the CX to Iraq with him, its full of sand has a cracked lens and still manages to take some good pics. The pics I posted in the other thread are from that camera. Its about 4-5 years old and only 3.2MP. We love it tho! I bought mine (DX) in April 05 and I love it too. I would recommend the EasyShares to anyone! They are great point and shoots!

But I am sooooo excited about getting my new camera. I will probably never figure out exactly how to use it all, but they sure look fun! :D

Altair
04-15-2007, 10:13 PM
Next month my Canon FTb turns 36 years old.:photo:

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2905239570053696626yvCpqg

ariel03
04-16-2007, 10:50 AM
My pictures where also taken with a kodak easy share. I love that camera. It is so easy to use and takes some nice shots and not much work needed. :thumbsup:

conorsmom2000
04-16-2007, 11:39 AM
I'm a Canon fan myself - I've had the powershot A300, SD450 and now the Powershot SD600. (I know it sounds like I've had a lot, but I upgraded from the A300 to the SD450 and then lent the SD450 to my brother for his cross country trip - he loved it so much he kept it and bought me the SD600). I love, love, love this camera! I was originally looking for a higher end camera, more like the rebel, but then I realized that what I really wanted was something easy to use. This camera takes great pictures and I love the video on it - I never use our camcorder anymore! But, it is a tiny camera - my sister didn't buy it because her fiance (a big guy) felt it was too small for him to hold correctly! But, I couldn't be happier with it! :thumbsup: :photo:

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
04-16-2007, 12:44 PM
I have a Canon Powershot S80 and couldn't be happier! I would like to have another Canon with more zoom when I need it, though. That way I could have a small one to tote around all the time and my big zoom too. I can't seem to talk DH into it!!

Jeff G
04-17-2007, 09:33 AM
We have the Canon S2 Powershot which is a cross between the smaller point and shoot cameras and the SLR's. It takes awesome pictures and I've had a few friends buy one based on the quality of pictures we've taken with it.

This is our third Canon and would highly recommend one to anyone. Our original was a 2mp (maybe the A270) and granted it didn't have a lot of mp but the color was great and the pictures looked wonderful.

CleveSJM
04-17-2007, 10:55 AM
I have a Kodak Z740 which has been great. I really stress getting a high optical zoom camera. Digitial zoom is meaningless and should be ignored. You can always "digital zoom" a shot in graphics software.

I only will consider a camera with a 10x or more optical zoom. Makes it a bit bulky but great for getting up close shots of the parade, Animal Kingdom, and other vacation shots.

Magic Smiles
04-17-2007, 10:15 PM
We own 2 Olympus digitals at the moment. Love them both a C730 Ultra Zoom, which has a 10X Optical zoom and my sons is a D580. Both take great photos, but I plan on purchasing the Olympus SP550UZ which has a 18X Wide Angle Optical zoom, with a total 100X zoom before our next trip in Dec 07.

kakn7294
04-18-2007, 04:22 AM
I have a Kodak Easyshare DX7630 - great camera except that the battery latch broke - it still works as long as the compartment door is closed but falls out if you need to change the media card (they fit in the same compartment) - DD12 now uses this camera. I also have a Canon Powershot A630 and absolutely love this camera! It takes great pictures and has some really cool features. The only thing I don't like is that it's a little heavy and bulky if you want to grab it and go - it doesn't easily fit in a pocket!

DisneyDudet
04-22-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm about to buy the Canon Power Shot Elph SD1000. My best friend has one of the first Elphs and its amazing.

Any thoughts?

jrpersinger
04-23-2007, 01:52 PM
I don't know much about the point and shoots anymore. But all the camera experts I have talked to said you can never go wrong with a Canon. Mostly because of how easy they are to use. I just bought a Canon XTi myself and it was due to the fact that it was much easier then all the other SLRs to use.

Here is a sight that has alot of reviews on just about every camera on the market.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos400d/
That links you to the cam I bought. I had it in my favs so it was easier to get to! LOL Click on the reviews on the side. I always click for it to line them up alphabetical. Its easier for me to find the name as opposed to looking threw a ton of pics of alot of cams that look the same. ;) Only kicker with that sight is sometimes the cameras are known buy other names and you can overlook the one you are looking for, unless they put all the names on the line.

mrsgaribaldi
04-24-2007, 12:12 AM
I have a Kodak v705. I love it:thumbsup: