PDA

View Full Version : Help me get my pre-cruise facts straight...

DisneyRN
04-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Okay, correct me if I am wrong in any of this:
-I can book Palo, high tea, and brunch 75 days in advance if I am paid in full. I cannot get tickets for tea with Wendy until on the ship from guest services.

-Excursions and spa times are the same way as Palo ( 75 days and paid in full). Can I prepay any of this, so I don't have to charge it to my room (including: excursions, spa, and Palo)?

-I will be told when our character dining breakfast is, so I don't need to sign up for anything.

-I can pre-register DD in the Oceaneers Club online. We still have to go and check-in once we get on the ship.

-Have money for tiping:
-bell hops at the terminal before and after
-room service
-room steward/ess
-all my dining staff
Do I tip whoever delivers our luggage to our room if we are in there when it arrives? Do I have only one room steward to worry about or are there more than one crew?

-Have money to pay parking when we arrive in the form of cash, cc, or travelers check.

Am I missing anything else???? :confused:

ElenitaB
04-15-2007, 06:42 PM
Here are some answers:

-I can book Palo, high tea, and brunch 75 days in advance if I am paid in full. I cannot get tickets for tea with Wendy until on the ship from guest services.
Correct on all counts

-Excursions and spa times are the same way as Palo (75 days and paid in full). Can I prepay any of this, so I don't have to charge it to my room (including: excursions, spa, and Palo)?
You can reserve at 75 days (if prepaid in full), but can't prepay excursions, spa, etc. can put money on your account before you cruise. That way these activities are essentially "prepaid."

-I will be told when our character dining breakfast is, so I don't need to sign up for anything.
Exactly. You will either receive the tickets in your stateroom or you will receive them the evening before at dinner.

-I can pre-register DD in the Oceaneers Club online. We still have to go and check-in once we get on the ship.
Yes. I was able to check-in my DS into the Lab using the online check-in process. Once we were on board, we got him his bracelet (it looked very much like a hospital bracelet) ... no problem.

-Have money for tipping:
We weren't at our rooms when the luggage arrived but I did tip the porter who took it from us. There will be only one room steward/ess assigned to your cabin. I made a series of envelopes a few months before we left. Everytime I had a few singles, I threw them into an envelope. By the time we sailed, I had most of the tips covered. You particularly want to have lots of singles for room service deliveries. :eat:

-Have money to pay parking when we arrive in the form of cash, cc, or travelers check.
This one I can't help you with... sorry! I left the driving to DCL! :drive:

DisneyDudet
04-21-2007, 12:58 AM
You are already assigned a character breakfast, and you can find out ahead of time. No signing up. Just showing up is all that matters! If you don't have the information in your cabin when you arrive, ask your server at the first breakfast and they should know. Our server, Sammy, knew EVERYTHING and EVERYONE! He had been doing this for YEARS!

You only have one steward/ess. If they have other people cleaning your room, your room must be terribly dirty!

We weren't in our room for most of our luggage, but when we were, if we weren't at the door 5 seconds after the knock, we missed the CM that brought it!

TammiMcMan
04-21-2007, 10:39 AM
-Have money for tiping:
-bell hops at the terminal before and after
-room service
-room steward/ess
-all my dining staff
Do I tip whoever delivers our luggage to our room if we are in there when it arrives? Do I have only one room steward to worry about or are there more than one crew?The luggage is actually just dropped outside your door and most likely, it will already be there when they open up the ropes for the stateroom hallways. Cash tips are necessary for the porters at the terminal and room service. If you are not charging the other tips to your room, you'll need to bring along money for that as well. Disney has suggested guidelines for tipping:

Per Guest, 7-Night
Dining Room Server $25.75
Dining Room Asst. Server $18.75
Dining Room Head Server $6.50
Stateroom Host/Hostess $25.25
Dining Manager Your Discretion
Room Service Your Discretion
Vista Spa Your Discretion

Just take the dollar amount shown and multiply it by the number of people in your stateroom. You can make up your own tip envelopes to give out on the last night, or DCL will provide them.

ElenitaB
04-28-2007, 06:50 AM
Though it doesn't apply in Mary's case, but I also made sure to tip the luggage porters and our DCL bus drivers.