PDA

View Full Version : What do you collect

ghost999
04-15-2007, 04:34 PM
hey just wondering what the other people out there collect, because personally, i collect pins and snow globes, well not me but the family

T-Belle
04-15-2007, 05:05 PM
I collect Disney Christmas Ornaments. It just makes me smile. And nothing else in particular just whatever catches my eye.

Disneyatic
04-15-2007, 05:08 PM
My daughter developed a pin obsession on our first trip to WDW and specifically she looks for Tinkerbell pins. She also collects snowglobes and pressed pennies.
I have decided that I want to start collecting Mary Poppins stuff and Disney Christmas ornaments. So that will be my goal next trip!

WDWfeelslikehome
04-15-2007, 06:00 PM
DW collects dolls from Helmut Engle in Germany World Showcase, I just collect memories.:mickey:

luvdiznee
04-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Pins, fridge magnets, snowglobes and tons of pictures. :mickey:

Strmchsr
04-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Mostly I just collect dust, but DW is a fanatical Precious Moments collector, so the new Disney PM's combine her two favorite things.

LIGHTNING MC-DAD
04-15-2007, 06:13 PM
We have collected all sorts of things with each visit. Over the years they have changed some but here are a few.

1. Pressed Coins
2. Pins
3. Snow Globes
4. Disney Christmas houses and ornaments.

Last year we started with the large figurines. We got Pirate Mickey, this year we will try and get Jedi Mickey. These are a bit more expensive to collect but we will try and get (1) per visit.

Catwillow
04-15-2007, 06:39 PM
I collect Post Cards.

ghost999
04-15-2007, 06:39 PM
we also collected pressed pennies but the pins i mostly try to collect are Eurodisney, and sets, lanyards, cast lanyards, and just sets like the country's flags.

ISLE39
04-15-2007, 07:50 PM
icollected every die cast ride vehicle and then i just recenmtly collected every disney precious moment. next up hum ill have to see the new items this year

SgtTigger
04-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Tiggers............ Mostley stuffed ones......

:cop: :tigger:

WEDTOPIA
04-15-2007, 11:22 PM
Pins ,magnets , postcards , WDW souvenier books , Wilderness Lodge stuff , buttons , collectable pictures , license plates , miniature ceramics and rubber characters , DVD'S ,hardback Disney books , and any thing that's free like brochures , maps , napkins , do not disturb signs......... really obsessed.......... really ,really obsessed....

:mickey:

May524
04-16-2007, 12:48 AM
I like to collect things for my scrapbooks. I usually buy some of the stickers, pages, or albums to make the perfect book! I also collect park maps, postcards and menus.

prttynpnk
04-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Pins and Mr Potatohead parts!

Hayden's Dad
04-16-2007, 01:08 PM
My DW collects pressed pennies. We get the latest printout when we get to the parks and hunt down the all the ones she wants. Her record is two of the pressed penny books full. I have a feeling she will be breaking that record this trip.

ghost999
04-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Pins ,magnets , postcards , WDW souvenier books , Wilderness Lodge stuff , buttons , collectable pictures , license plates , miniature ceramics and rubber characters , DVD'S ,hardback Disney books , and any thing that's free like brochures , maps , napkins , do not disturb signs......... really obsessed.......... really ,really obsessed....

:mickey:

is that all you collect:laughing: :funny: anyways, just keep sending what ya'll collect and what ya'll want to collect, it is all very intresting. i can't wait to go to disney this year.
GO DISNEY

Wolf
04-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Squished pennys, pins, stufties ^_^, picture frames (i have very little wallspace left) LOL anything else I can find...

dolphinmickey9170
04-17-2007, 11:20 AM
I collect anything DISNEY....however, I do get a new tinkerbell dated ornament each year. If I can find one.

momof3+twins
04-17-2007, 03:44 PM
ME-- Mugs and pictures
Kids-- pressed pennies and autographs
DH-- Mugs and pens and watches

DISFREAKS
04-17-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm into hats & mugs

DW is into salt & pepper shakers and cookie jars.

This past year we finally started collecting pins

jokat
04-17-2007, 06:19 PM
It's Eeyore for me, mostly stuffed ones. I need to stop and have committed to doing just that. If I can get the nerve up I plan to donate the bulk of my collection to a children's home or somewhere similar this Christmas season. Then I can always start over, right? :blush:

Also the magnets! Love those!

Fun post!

mouseketeer mom
04-17-2007, 06:30 PM
OOH! I get at least one coffee mug each trip, but it always ends up to be like 2 or 3 a trip, and I'm running out of room! I won't store any other "regular" coffee cups with them, and I won't use them for guests..No way, not allowed to use them! Just for me and my husband, and the kids for hot cocoa in the winter or tea if they are sick. I pick one out each morning and I still get excited doing that! I got a GREAT one this past trip at AKL, a handpainted, African painted style mug with a Mickey head painted on both sides with really cool African prints..I love it. It was expensive, but worth it. Its sooooo pretty.
I also collect pins, my kids too, and I keep mine on the visor of my car, so I can see them all of the time. I keep my "free" WDW napkins that I collect in my glovebox for when we might need one in the car, and I always get excited to get one out!

TennesseeTink
04-17-2007, 06:53 PM
I collect the small snowglobes. Each one reminds me of that particular trip and brings back lots of good memories.:cloud9:

DD has started a pressed penny collection. Also I love the pins and want to start collecting them but there are so darn many to choose from, I'm afraid I'll go bankrupt trying to get them all.

JMTStone
04-17-2007, 07:16 PM
I collect Lion King Broadway items. Even on my arm. (My AVATAR is also a tattoo on my arm). I have EVERY SINGLE ITEM THEY SELL (Believe me, between 3 shows and DisneyShopping.com - I've checked). I also collect AK/Lion items from the giftshops.

TTA Metroliner
04-17-2007, 08:13 PM
I collect Shot Glasses, or as Disney calls them toothpick holders and snowglobes. My wife collects keychains and my son collects postcards. I also like dated things and theme related things (ie year of a million dreams, 100 years of magic, where the party never ends, etc.)

*goofy'sgirls*
04-17-2007, 09:21 PM
My oldest DD collects NBC merchandise. The younger one love Goofy. I collect Disney Ornaments. Can't wait to go to pick some up for our 2007 tree.:tree:

teresa955
04-17-2007, 09:43 PM
I always end up with around a dozen of those white Walt Disney World bic pens!:secret:

BritCody
04-18-2007, 06:50 AM
I collect Christmas Ornaments and Magnets and my children collect pins

goofiecrazy
04-18-2007, 10:36 AM
I always get the same things,
picture frame(s)
Shirt with Goofy
X-mas ornament(s)
pins
magnets
and whatever we see that catches our eye.
Something with the ESPN logo on it for husband.
Next trip we are going to get a new big beer glass from ESPN club since the old one broke.

Namine'
04-18-2007, 10:44 AM
I collect snow globes(have about 40) and just started collecting ornaments. The whole family collects pins.:mickey:

SurferStitch
04-18-2007, 03:39 PM
I collect:

- big figures
- character art sketches
- Disney Christmas ornaments (Disney Days of Christmas and the Art of Disney stores are very dangerous places for me to be in)
- sericels
- stuffed animals (especially Stitch)
- anything with Lilo and Stitch

WDW trips are extended shopping sprees for me.... :thedolls:

moe513
04-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Disney beach towels. I buy some every trip and use after my shower.

ghost999
04-18-2007, 08:16 PM
i just found out a new YOAMD prize; DISNEY SHOPPING SPREES where they pay for mugs, pins, pressed pennys, pictures, anything you can think of. :mickey:

Disneypixie513
04-18-2007, 10:42 PM
I collect snow globes and clothes,my sister gets the pressed pennys,my dad get coffee mugs..and my mom..noting really! lol:secret:

DisneyDudet
04-21-2007, 02:46 AM
Dad- Nothing really.. we do get him in a different big hat every time and take pictures. he usually gets shirts.

Mom-Christmas Ornaments... our entire tree is Disney.. mostly dated ones, but others as well.

Me- Antenna Toppers! I have so many. For christmas, mom and dad got me a golf ball display so I can put them in it. I'm gonna hafta do that, but I have too many! I have about 20...

I'm surprised no one has mentioned them!

alicia524luvstw
04-21-2007, 05:20 AM
I buy a picture frame each trip. I'm running out of room on my piano where I keep them:mickey:

AdventurerKim
04-21-2007, 09:28 AM
I collect pins but only ones that I like since there are too many to count--mainly Haunted Mansion and event pins such as F&G and F&W. I also collect the souvenir mugs from the parks with the holidays and dates. I'm running out of room in the cabinet for the mugs, but I will still get them! :mickey:

grumpyguy
04-21-2007, 09:43 AM
but,with that said,ihave a modest snowglobe collection,pins,park maps and disney videos and anything with my namesake on it,because grumpy is who i am!!!!:D
gg out!!!

MsMin
04-21-2007, 11:34 AM
I collect mugs and have some I use and some I don't. One of my favorites is the disney mug that plays IASW-- what a way to wake up. I keep them on my bookshelves in the kitchen.
I also love ornaments and start my own "Disney" tree 2 years ago. I've collected them since 82 with Figments first Christmas (one of my favorites)
I love the picture frames and I also have a spoon collection from all over the world and I have a rack that is just Disney. :minnie:

pook@wdw
04-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Pins, refrigerator magnets, and the ceramic character statues.:D :mickey:

princessjojo
04-21-2007, 05:53 PM
Mostly I just collect dust

What a coincidence, me too!!! But really, I love SnowBabies and Willow Tree. Along with beach & pool bags. If you were to ask my husband though, I just collect bills.:blush:

GiltterDisneyGirl
04-22-2007, 03:56 AM
I collect Disney PVC Characters (over 1100), Disney Pins (over 200) & Disney Postcards (idk but maybe over 100 or more)

Pipalotta
04-23-2007, 10:25 PM
I have an un natural obsession with coffee mugs with my names on them, but havent found any of those at Disney. Other than that I like collecting anything with an Irish theme. My last trip I was lucky enough to go in between Valentine's Day and St Patricks Day and was able to find some cute things.

tigger24601
04-28-2007, 05:00 PM
me-anything tigger or figment
dh-the bills
dm-thimbles and keychains (but not just disney ones)

however this year i am starting a new tradition with our dd. i am going to start 2 charm bracelets, one for me and one for her (she's only 8 months) and will add to them everytime we go. so our new addiction will be charms.

Kate In Wonderland
04-28-2007, 05:10 PM
I collect anything Pluto. My collection continues to grow to the point that I could probably build a house out of all the Pluto stuff I have!
:pluto: :pluto: :pluto:

SallyfromDE
04-29-2007, 02:24 PM
I always buy a new Mickey figurine. And a watch. I love mickey watches.

GoofeyAtDisney
04-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Well I have always collected penny presses and recently we have began to collect fast passes! How you ask? Well if my dad or mom doesnt want to go on something, we use it to get an extra or I try and sneak in witohut giving it to them!:secret:
Oh I also like Goofy stuff!:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
04-29-2007, 05:11 PM
I collect pins, pressed coins, bells, collector plates... well, you get the picture! Just about anything Disney that I like the looks of!:mickey:

DisneyDudet
04-30-2007, 03:18 AM
Am I really the only one who collects antenna toppers? Wow.. crazy cuz some of the newest ones sell out fast!

mm59
04-30-2007, 10:06 AM
We collect all things Disney. I started in 1953 with a MM light switch cover,still on my office wall. Now our entire house is Disney. :mickey:

Tink#64
05-04-2007, 10:51 PM
I keep anything & everything from WDW!

Our biggies - like so many others are:

pressed pennies, Christmas ornaments, magnets, snowglobes, the Disney character "Hot Wheels", & of course the Pins!

DH & I also each get a new WDW watch every year! I have Mickey, Tink, Stitch, Pooh & one w/ M & M, G & D!Our oldest DS got his first WDW watch last year too!We just love to shop at WDW! :shop:

NLODisney
05-05-2007, 01:20 PM
I collect pens and key chains and also things for my car like air fresheners and magnets. No antenae anymore so I have some toppers but no where to put them.

AliceinDisney
05-05-2007, 02:36 PM
Dolls, specifically Alice. I plan to get an Engel Puppen Alice in Wonderland doll this trip. Thats the one and only thing I'm going to buy for myself as a souveneir. Last time I went a little crazy with the Disney Souveneirs, I got an attractions poster, Christmas Ornaments, a porcelain Marie Osmond Alice doll, and a tee shirt, and an Alice Tea Set that reminded me of one I had when I was very young but unfortunately the one from my youth got damaged, as some of the plates got broken and have been glued back together. But this one I found when I was down there last trip is gorgeous, and a better quality china. I have it in my display case with all my dolls. I'm a sentimental collector, so for me Dolls remind me of the first Snow White doll my mom bought me from a beautiful gift shop in Magic Kingdom that sold crystal and keepsakes, I believe it was in Adventureland years ago.

septembergirl
05-06-2007, 12:50 AM
We collect magnets and patches. Not just at Disney but everywhere we go, I look for them.

ghost999
05-06-2007, 11:13 AM
my parents collect the antennaes but i am not old enough to drive soooo, :mickey:

CleveSJM
05-06-2007, 01:42 PM
The "shirt of the year" is a must. Wear it all the time to bring back the memories of that trip...

4myprincesses
05-06-2007, 03:31 PM
I collect Disney smiles/giggles/stories from my girls...my one and only, but oh so worthy, collection!

Not sure how we avoid souveniers, but so far we've done it.

battle beast
05-07-2007, 12:44 AM
icollected every die cast ride vehicle and then i just recenmtly collected every disney precious moment. next up hum ill have to see the new items this year

They aDon't make these anymore, do they??? :(

I collect Shot glasses, and plush beanies (the furry shoft ones) of UNIQUE characters like CHip & Dale, Sorcerer Mickey, Chesire Cat, Eeore, Thumper.

Nicki'sMom
05-07-2007, 02:10 PM
I think I may try to start a ceramic coffee mug collection. I drink coffee all day so why not be reminded of all the things I love about Disney? For the Sept. trip, I may go for a Peter Pan mug or YOAMD one. You people have inspired me to be a collector!:D

Mickey91
05-09-2007, 09:34 PM
We collect pins, tshirts, mugs and anything else that we think we can't live without when we get home!:blush:

kaerbear178
05-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Right now just stuffed characters from Epcot mainly. I want to start a couple more collections on my upcoming trip, but not sure what they will be yet~

DisneyPrincess01
05-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Each time I have been to Disney I tried to collect something different. I really enjoyed collecting the penny and quarter presses last time I went because there are so many different ones to look at and get!