PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars!

disneysweetie101
04-15-2007, 04:25 PM
:mickey: Hello,
Does anyone know anything about the Star Wars weekend in WDW. I am going down the last weekend that this event will be going on. Being as i have never seen Star Wars before this even really doesn't interest me. Do the Characters just walk around the park during this event, or are there special events going on that have to do with the movie? Also, do you have to see Star Wars to enjoy this event, or can you enjoy it just as much without seeing the movie? Any suggestions or ideas about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Jeff
04-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Never seen Star Wars:darth: Oh My!

Check here on Info Central for a detailed listing of Star Wars Weekend events. (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/starwars.asp)

May the Force Be With You!

imaprincess!
04-15-2007, 10:16 PM
:yoda: I'm not sure what the events are for the Star Wars weekends, but I recall they do something special. My son loves Star Wars and I can't believe we never got him to the events! We went to Animal Kingdom on the day we were supposed to see Star Wars, but it was so unbearably hot that we went back to the pool to cool off. By the time we got back to the park, the Star Wars festivities had ended for the day.

I do remember seeing grown men dressed as Star Wars characters when we checked into our hotel! It was only about 95 degrees and they were dressed in long, black outfits with masks!!
So, I do believe it's a serious event!

DisneyCrazyET
04-19-2007, 12:01 PM
They are all over the Star Tours area. Some are staged and some just walk around. Also by the backlot there was a small set where you could pose with R2 and C3PO. (They were not real.)
When you go to see Mickey he was sometimes dressed as a Jedi.
If you like sci-fi ,at all, you will like this.
Too bad you didn't see the movies, you still have time....:yoda:

Stickey
04-19-2007, 12:57 PM
:eek:

There is still time to begin your training. Help you it will. :yoda:

I recommend that you at least watch the original Stars Wars movie(episode iv). You may find it useless to resist and you may become a new Star Wars fan. :darth:

Star Wars Weekend is always very crowded. The Stars Wars characters wander the parks and have established meet & greet areas. The park is fully operational. The Tatooine Traders area will be the most crowded section of the park, with long lines for special Star Wars merchandise. You will have a blast if you like Star Wars. Otherwise, it will be a very crowded day at MGM.