PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been stuck on a ride?

crazeedizneefinatic
04-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Okay, every now and than a ride does stop for others needing assistance getting on. I mean being stuck on a ride for 20 minutes or so. I don't know what trip it was but we were stuck on Peter Pan for about 20 minutes. I don't remember the reason, I know something technical. We were stuck over the the scene almost at the beginning it was the ariel view of the town with the lights and cars. I Would love to hear others stories.

Christine
04-15-2007, 02:54 PM
Lucky you getting stuck on Peter Pan!

My DH was stuck on Test Track for 22 minutes once. That is the only ride he has ever had experienced "shutting down" on him.

Other than the short little down times (for wheelchair transfers, etc) in Pooh, Snow White, etc, we really don't have that problem much!

Nate's Grandpa
04-15-2007, 03:07 PM
DW and I were stuck on the Skyway for about 20 minutes several years ago. After that experience, we never rode it again.

We were about 30 feet from the end point.
The cast members kept telling us to be calm, they would get us down. We were not really worried until they said "don't worry".

We had visions of being lifted out by crane.
Thankfully, that did not happen. The ride started again and we swore never again.

May524
04-15-2007, 03:10 PM
I have been stuck on splash mountain, Test Track,and Dinosaur. Definetly not fun!

Jasper
04-15-2007, 03:16 PM
We have had a number of small delays on some attractions such as the Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Car., and Peter Pan. We have only had one long delay and that was on Splash Mountain.

What is so frustrating is that in almost every case the delays were caused by guests doing things they weren't suppose to be doing. You know that is what happens because the ride stops and "the voice of God" booms out something like, "keep your arms in your boat'" or whatever.

When the stop happened on Splash Mountain it was caused by a couple of guests who decided to get out of the log and walk up to the sets! I don't remember exactly what scene we were in but I do remember that you could reach out and touch the "walkway" next to the boat. These two women were about three logs ahead of us and when the log stopped they hopped out. Needless to say the lights came on, the music stopped and the voice immediately yelled out.

What amazed me was how quickly the voice happened and also how quickly several Cast Members popped up out of nearby doorways! Unfortunately the two women involved were apparantly trying to prove some kind of point because they refused to cooperate with the CM's. The situation devolved into a shouting match by the women and the CM's basically dragging them out! To make matters worse for my family is that my two children who were about 10 and 9 at the time had to witness the entire thing! Needless to say my wife and I used that as an opportunity for a little education in proper behavior!

I also have to give the Cast Members a pat on the back for how well they handled the situation. One last thing that really impressed me is that one of the CM actually turned to the rest of us waiting in our logs and actually apologized for having our experience so rudely interupted! Needless to say we all gave the CM a round of applause!

dizneeat
04-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Got stuck on several rides! The most memorable ones were being stuck on ToT for about 15 minutes - but it was very interesting to see them work on the ride vehicles with the lights on, LOL!
More scary - got stuck at the highest point of Indiana Jones before you go into the loop in DLRP! After about 20 minutes we had to climb down very steep steps (ladder like) and I am NOT good with hights. To make things worse I had two of my students with me!

Bethanymouse
04-15-2007, 03:33 PM
We have been stuck on Snow White and TTA. The TTA was the longest, probably about a half hour to 40 minutes. Snow White was just a few minutes.

Goofeygal
04-15-2007, 04:03 PM
We got stuck on Soarin for 30 minutes. Computers went down and they had a hard time getting us down. It was a little scarry sitting way up there. We were in row 1 so we were up very high.

lindique
04-15-2007, 04:31 PM
I got stuck on the Great Movie Ride. After about 1/2 hour (with the guide CM trying to do standup comedy), they turned on the lights and pulled built-in stairs out from the cars. We climbed down and were walked out to the exit. Unfortunately, we were almost at the end of the ride when it broke down, so I didn't get to see much backstage stuff.

Another time, I got stuck in the Carousel of Progress and got to listen/watch one scene 4 times before they got it going again. By the 3rd time, people were reciting the script along with the "actors"!

T-Belle
04-15-2007, 04:52 PM
We had a great delay. We were on Kilimanjaro Safaris. I don't know what was keeping us from moving, apparently animals :elephant: in front of a vehicle in front of us, but it was great to watch the animals along side of us. My guess is that we were "stuck" for about 20 minutes.

Dsnygirl
04-15-2007, 05:11 PM
We weren't stuck on a ride, but waiting for one b/c of thunder & lightening. We were told it would be about 20 minutes, and since we were in queue, we decided not to lose our space, as lines were long. Well, 20 minutes turned into about 45, and we were right next to the speaker in the rocks that tells the story of Bre'r Rabbit, narrated by James Earl Jones. Can I just tell you that even now, 10 years later, my DH and I will quote the beginning of that story to each other and laugh?? :D

crazeedizneefinatic
04-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Great responses so far! I think the best is stuck on Soarin'! I cannot imagine being stuck that high up! Were the lights turned on so you could see down??

trackbarroness
04-15-2007, 05:56 PM
I got stuck on Dinasour once does that count? :D :cool:

vizsla
04-16-2007, 03:32 AM
We have been stuck on TT, Living with the Land, and Splash Mountain.

pogo
04-16-2007, 07:28 AM
Stuck on Splash while on the uphill climb before the big drop. It was our first time riding it and the expression on my DW's face was priceless.:D

WDWfeelslikehome
04-16-2007, 07:41 AM
DW and I were stuck on Nemo and Friends in the tunnel with the flashing lights, listening to crush say, "huh huh hear we go", over and over again.

SBETigg
04-16-2007, 08:08 AM
We've been stuck on so many rides. Spash Mountain, three times(once halfway up to the big drop with my nervous daughter). Carousel of Progress(through the same scene three times, memorized dialogue, still quote it). Pirates of the Caribbean, 4 times(by the dog with the keys once for twenty minutes). Spaceship Earth, twice(once right when the cars turn to go down backward). Haunted Mansion(kids behind us fooling around made CMs stop the ride in three different spots).

And once we were evacuated from Space Mountain just as we sat down because cars collided on the ride and someone had a hurt ankle(but minor injury). We left with the lights on and got fastpasses to ride again any time the next day. Ran into EMTs coming in a back door on the way out.

mrsgaribaldi
04-16-2007, 06:02 PM
We've been stuck on ToT, Dinosaur, Spaceship Earth and Ellen's Universe of Energy. On Ellen's ride we all had to walk out:thumbsup:

glenpreece
04-16-2007, 06:37 PM
I've been stuck on Pirates and Space Mountain.

Pirates was when I was my parents and we stopped for about 10 mins in the middle of the boat fight scene prior to the rehab so you could see how big the room really was and how much water was around you. Then again later on just before you turn to head through the last tunnel. The Cm's apologized to us on our way out for the delay.

On Space Mountain I was hanging out in MK when mom was back at Pop. We boarded our cars went around the first bend/tunnel then just as we began going up hill we stopped suddenly and the cars all snapped back a bit. Not only did it snap my back but it made my lap bar tighten. we were stuck for 30 mins and then got to ride through with the lights on. They offered to let us ride it again and I said no as did the others. After seeing it with the lights on I never want to ride it again until it is updated and less jerky.

Goofeygal
04-16-2007, 07:06 PM
Yes the lights were on and you could look down!!!!:sick:

Jeri Lynn
04-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Last year my sister and I were stuck in the same scene in the Carousel of Progress, everyone was laughing and clapping, we had a good ol' time!

HndrdPrcnt
04-16-2007, 07:42 PM
yep, many rides, many times.

However, the most memorable was Thunder Mountain and Haunted Mansion. They had to bring the lights up for Haunted Mansion which was really cool.

MsMin
04-17-2007, 01:22 AM
Our biggest stucks:
Last Dec we got stuck in splash mtn and had to exit via the stairs. Dinosaur in Dec.03 b/c a seatbelt malfunctioned and we had to exit with a ladder.
When my son was about 3 1/2 my mom wanted to go back to the room (the Poly) and took him with her. Lightening hit something associated with the monorail and it stuck btwn EPCOT and TTC for 45 min. -- How does one get down from there??

RAIDER
04-17-2007, 03:53 AM
Test Track and Peter Pan and the Nemo Ride

January-2007
04-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Yes. I have been stuck on many rides. Here are a few that come to mind...

Splash Mountain
The Haunted Mansion
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
and most recently,
Spaceship Earth.

I am quite certain there have been more, but these are the first that come to mind.

LizLovesDiz
04-17-2007, 12:31 PM
I don't want to ever hear "and the rain,rain,rain,came down down down as long as I live !!! We got stuck there for at least 30 minutes and they finally let us get out of our honeypots,and walk out ! :mickey: :mickey:

Disneyatic
04-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Our very first trip to WDW was last March.
The first ride we rode was Haunted Mansion and we got stuck on it!
We were on for about 45 minutes!! 20 minutes in the dark in the graveyard scene with the head popping up right in front of us and my DD 6 having a mini panic-attack...then they turned the lights up and after another 20 minutes or so the CMs came along and we all had to walk off the ride.
What a ride first!

future_imagineer
04-17-2007, 10:48 PM
A couple of times on HM (when I was quite young they had to evacuate the ride!), and many, many times on Test Track (multiple times in just one trip after it had just opened!).

brewcrew26
04-20-2007, 12:44 AM
I remember one summer we went...It seemed like we were stuck on absolutely every ride we got on. The worst was at Universal. We weren't just stuck. We were trapped on King Kong for an hour. Never got an explanation why either. I still fear that ride to this day that I'm going to be stuck next to a big ape while sitting on a fake trolley car.

Donald Duck
04-20-2007, 08:49 AM
We got stuck on Horizons a long time ago.
We were in the middle of the ride when it stopped. They actually made announcements for everyone to be exited from the ride. There was a door in the back of the car that we had to go through then walk down a lot of stairs to get out.

Later we found out a worker got hurt during the construction of Test Track which caused the power to go out.

celestesmommie
04-20-2007, 12:21 PM
I've been stuck on Space Mt twice & Misssion Space once.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-20-2007, 11:38 PM
We got stuck on the monorail coming into Epcot once. We sat over Epcot for about 30 minutes and just sat there and watched people going about their business having fun. The a/c worked so we didn't really mind.
We got stuck in TT for a short while. When we got back into the station I asked if we could go again, and they let us. But we had to get out and go back around and get right on again.

GiltterDisneyGirl
04-22-2007, 12:09 AM
Too many times my family and I have gotten stuck to remember all the moments, but ones I do remember that happened the most are Haunted Mansion, & Spaceship Earth.

snowflakegirl
04-22-2007, 12:30 AM
I've been stuck a couple of different times. There are a few that particularly stick out for me.

On our last trip we got stuck for about twenty minutes, maybe a little longer on Spaceship Earth. There were five of us in our group, so there was one of us who was sitting by herself. We stopped just as we were getting to the Grecian Theatre scene. Unfortunately the person who was by herself was last and the ride stopped with her facing a bascially blank wall, so she spent twenty minutes with nothing to entertain her (although later she admited she just took a nap).

On our honeymoon I went on Splash Mountain by myself (DH doesn't like heights/drops, and the last drop on SM sort of freaked him out). He was waiting for me and then we were going to go over to the castle for our big celebration dinner. We had just enough time for me to ride Splash and get to our priority seating (back when it was sstill PSs) about fifteen minutes early, and enough time built in to make it a leisurely stroll back from Frontierland to the Castle. Unfortunately right after the drop I got stuck right when you go back inside for about twenty minutes. We made it to our dinner on time, but man I had that song stuck in my head for days!

The other timem that's really sticking out right now was also on our last trip. Just as you're going backwards down that little hill into the cemetary in Haunted Mansion. We got stuck facing the caretaker and the dog still backwards and still just slightly inclined. My Sister in law was in the doom buggy with me and she was getting a little freaked out. It was definitely good when it started moving again.

The Bookseller
04-22-2007, 12:15 PM
What amazed me was how quickly the voice happened and also how quickly several Cast Members popped up out of nearby doorways! Unfortunately the two women involved were apparantly trying to prove some kind of point because they refused to cooperate with the CM's. The situation devolved into a shouting match by the women and the CM's basically dragging them out!

This is the prime example how Disney Ninjas works: First you think you are alone and then they appear from nowhere.

I have been stuck into "It's A Small World" just at the end of the ride for 10 min. It was the space where you see all the "GoodBye" signs in differnt languages. So you heard the music and see the pier while not being able to escape!

I still have nightmares about it! :scared:

CM~Mserrano
04-24-2007, 07:53 PM
I have to say that i've been stuck on many rides, many many times, but the best so far was on Kali River Rapids. My friend and I went to a passholder preview and rode the ride, probably about 5 times without getting off. On go around number 6 there was a line of boats that were stuck right before the drop. We sat there for probably about 45 minutes getting to know all the other riders, then started to notice the water going down. They had to drain the entire ride, then come over to each boat individually and help us climb down and walk out through a dirt trail around the back of the ride. Since we had been sitting in the hot sun for quite a while, they even gave us all free ice cream and the CMs even gave me an extra one for my dad who was waiting. That's my best story!!

Donald Duck 224
04-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Only once. We were on The POTC and were stuck for about 30 min.

pianobabe
04-25-2007, 02:04 PM
We have gotten stuck on several different rides. On the Haunted Mansion, where Madam Leona (?) makes her appearence. At Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin, that one was fun since we could still rack up points. Also, last year on Rockin' Roller Coaster. RnR wasn't bad, there was just a "miss fire" when we were suppose to take off. We sat there for a few minutes while everything was being reset. With the ride having to be reset, the music didn't play. The ride was not the same without the music/narraration. We were allowed to ride again immediately. There were problems with that too. I little girl panicked at the last minute and her, along with her family had to be taken off the ride. With the "technical difficulties" they were already having, it took about 30 minutes for everything to get back in proper working order. It was all worth it. I still think it is an awesome coaster.

wdwfamily531
04-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Last year, we got stuck on Expedition Everest. There were six of us on the first train where you are supposed to start goin backwards. Supposedly the track didn't flip over. Two others were on the train behind us on the hill going up. After sitting for about 30 min, the cast members came and got us off. We had to walk down stairs inside the mountain from the very top. The other two had to climb stairs up into the montain, and then down. :mickey:

kgoulash
04-26-2007, 11:47 AM
peter pan we were stuck on the same london city scene as well. it was me and my dh (bf at the time) and i panicked. ever since i was a girl being stuck on a ride was a worry of mine, when it finally happened i freaked. dh tried to calm me down by telling me we could probably walk out of the ship we were so low but i wouldnt listen to reason as far as i was concerned we were flying!
"you do know the houses are just minatures, right?" he asked

Figgyluv03
04-27-2007, 12:34 PM
I got stuck in Spaceship Earth. I had a doctors appointment at the health center on the other side of the parking lot from Test Track and I had to work later that day, so instead of going home, I rode the rides for a bit and it was getting close for me to leave to go to CBR and I had to stop a cast member to see if he could let me get off. Luckily, the were making everyone get off and took me out first.

imaprincess!
04-27-2007, 04:11 PM
We were stuck on Splash Mountain for about 15 minutes. I can't say I really minded ... it made me feel like I was really part of Brer Rabbit's world!! :wait:

TINKERBELL_82
04-27-2007, 04:16 PM
HM, Splash, TT, TTA, SE, SM (they actually had to turn on the lights while we were stuck...I think someone dropped something)

Hmmmm...

I think that's it.

(We go to WDW a lot!):mickey:

Tink#64
04-29-2007, 10:08 AM
One morning last year in the MK we experienced 3 rides stopping on us, Buzz Lightyear, Peter Pan and the longest was Haunted Mansion. DS's got a little freaked out about being stuck on HM. We sat in the backwards position watching the crow for at least 10 minutes or more. Maybe it just seemed like more because the younger one was freaked. I thought it was kinda cool, having a few minutes to sit there and take it all in was a different perspective!:cool:

GrmGrninGost
04-29-2007, 05:22 PM
My sister in law and I were stuck on Test Track right in the middle of the big turn outside the building. We were flying around the turn when the vehicle just stopped. I was on the outside, and I had a hard time keeping from squishing her. We were there about 10 minutes.

Monorail_Red
04-29-2007, 06:57 PM
I've been stuck on many rides, TTA, Splash, COP, SE, Buzz, Monorail, just to name a few for minor problems. Never had to be evacuated off a ride, however. But there were two experiences that I will never forget.

The 1st time was on the TTA. For some reason, the ride stopped for about 20min about half way across that section where the trains pass by eachother just outside of Space Mountain. Then the spiel came over saying that the ride was going to start immidately, and we soon started to move. We were in the 1st car, and I notices that the train ahead of us was slow in starting. I didn't think anything of it because I know that the TTA uses a system similar to the monorails to prevent collisions. For whatever reason, we did not stop, and we collided with the train ahead of us. Our train came to a stop, and I saw another one coming up from behind us. But that one did slow down, and our train was moving again within a few seconds. But the ride continued normally.

The 2nd time, in summer of 2003, we had dinner reservations at Whispering Canyon. We were staying at GF at the time, and our 1st plan was to take the monorail to the MK and take a boat over. We saw that there was a storm approaching, and we decided to take the monorail anyway, but take a bus instead of the boat.

Monorail Red, of course, pulled into the station and we got into the very last car. We were stuck there for about 10min while waiting for a monorail to clear the switch beam. At that time, the storm was pretty intense, but by time the doors closed, we had a partial clearing. Just as we arrive at MK, the storm picks up again. It was mostly wind & rain for a few min. The left side doors opened to let people off as usual. But then the right doors opened to let the crowd in, and it was raining sideways. The exit doors tried to close, but they couldn't against the wind. There was a monorail CM in the car with us and he got out & pushed the doors closed. All the seats & standing room were full, and they closed the doors, and we were just about to leave when the exit side doors again open. The driver announced that they were going to hold because of the storm.

There were flashes of lightning, loud cracks of thunder, people & little kids were screaming, etc, etc, etc. The wind was blowing the rain so hard that it was coming in through where you see the compartments with the emergency intercom and fire extinguishers.

There was one huge flash, I know that it came from behind me, there was a split of silence, then the loudest roar of thunder that I have ever heard in my life. Everyone was screaming, and a few min later I heard talk that the strike was about 50ft away! If that was 50ft in front of me instead of behind of me, it would have hit the station somewhere. A monorail is 203ft 6in long to be exact, but 50ft is only about 1/4 the length of the train! I felt sorry for thoes that were ourside waiting on the ramp. But after 40min, it was deemed safe to go, and the doors shut and we were on our way. Decided not to go to Whispering Canyon... Just wanted to get back to our room.

bleukarma
04-30-2007, 04:00 PM
I’ve gotten stuck on many, many things over the years but the worst is the Haunted Mansion. I think I have a HM curse! The first time I ever got stuck was at my Grad Nite when I’m sure some kid was doing something they weren’t supposed to be doing and we got stuck sitting in the room with the little lady on top of the door. Ever since then I have been stopped every single time I’ve rode that ride. Every.Single.Time! It’s to the point where when I get on it I expect to be stopped. I’ve been stuck in pretty much every room inside that mansion. Going down stairs, the graveyard, the dining room. I’ve even had the pleasure of sitting with a hitchhiking ghost for awhile. I hope I will have better luck with the new HM after September!

When I was about 6 I caused the TTA to stop. I was riding with my parents and my brother and me and my brother (who is five years older then me) decided to ride in our own car. At the last minute my trouble-making brother decided he wanted to switch cars. Well I was young and I didn't want to ride by myself so I started to jump out and join him. My foot happened to cross the doors right as they were closing and my foot got stuck. It didn't really hurt but it scared me! I don't remember how long the ride was stopped but I remember a few CM's had to come over and physically open the door to get my foot unstuck. Then of course they made sure my foot was ok and tried to calm me down. So if you got stuck on TTA for a while at some point in 1986 it was probably because of me!

emmatink
04-30-2007, 04:58 PM
If you live in the south you know how thunderstorms pop up out of no where. Well my wife and I were on Splashmountain and just came down the second "tease" drop and just as we turned the corner outside to go back into the mountain lightening struck somewhere near by so all the electricity shut down. Then the downpour came for a quick 20-30 seconds. After this the announcement came how the ride would start back up soon so please stay seated. Well the lady in front of us proceeded to get up and exit the boat onto the side of the ride and ask my wife and I to take a picture of her and her daughter! I was in total shock especially when an announcement came just for that lady to get back into the boat. That was the funniest memory I have from the MK being stuck on a ride!

Kate In Wonderland
04-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Yep! I got stuck at the top of Thunder Mountain on one of the coldest days on record. Now, I'm from Massachusetts, so I can deal with cold, but this was beyond FRIGID! And I was only wearing a long sleeved shirt and shorts (because despite being cold, it was still about 20 degrees warmer on the ground). The wind was whipping and it was crazy! We were stuck up there for about 20 minutes. Another time was when my DH and I were stuck on Pirates right at the "Dead Men Tell No Tales" part for about 15 minutes or so. We heard it over and over and over again. Deeeaaad meeeen teeeellll noooooo taaaaales taallles taallless...deeeeead meeeen.... well you get the idea.

dumbo ears
04-30-2007, 05:44 PM
ya we got stuck on dinosaur right at the end when they take the pictures and the thing roars real loud. we were there for probably 5 minutes listening to that things. it was pretty funny though.

DisneyLandMomma
04-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Yes...on Pirates at DisneyLand. We were stuck more than an hour. The lights came on and CM were in the water in those rubber wading pants pushing boats to a place with an exit. They may turn off the lights but they DO NOT turn off the music. :funny: We were the last boat in our section to get taken off(right under the guy with his foot dangling from the bridge and little pigs off to the side LOL). We had to climb up 2 flights of stairs and walk around in the 'backstage' area to get back to NOS. DH, DD(it was her 6th birthday) and myself, were in the last row so we were the last ones off the boat so it seemed like we were in the only ones back there. If they wouldn't of had security guards posted at certain points, we would of surely gotten lost back there!! :blush:

It was exciting for DH and myself but my DD still will not ride Pirates. :funny: