PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Coronado Springs or CBR??

Disneynewbie07
04-15-2007, 12:23 PM
I recently booked my families first trip to Disney for Oct. 2007. We have reservations at CS but I am 2nd guessing my choice. I have two boys 8 and 5. Do you think they would like the CBR better?? I just read about a new pirate adventure there. And why do I feel so overwhelmed??

disney100%
04-15-2007, 01:16 PM
I am sorry you feel overwhelmed! Planning a trip to Disney can be stressful with all the choices, but just know, you will have a great famiy vacation at either resort. With that said, I have stayed at both, but I personally enjoyed CBR better. CSR is beautiful and my DH and I enjoyed walking the grounds, but we liked the atmosphere at CBR better. If you plan on using the resort pool a lot, maybe you could have your boys look at each of the pools and see which one they would like best. Of course, I would stay at any resort just to be able to go to Disney. :mickey:

One thought on CBR though. It is pretty spread out and you could end up with a lot of walking at the end of the day to get back to your room.

grumpypima
04-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Go with your reservations at CS. You will LOVE IT! I promise! We have stayed at CS, CBR, & POR. All are nice, you can't go wrong.

I think CS is the perfect choice for October. It is still plenty hot enough to swim. The pool is fantastic! There is a pool bar & grill that serves really good food for the $$. Also, there is a game room next to the pool. It makes for a great combination for family fun at the end of a long hot day at the parks. :number1:

grego77
04-16-2007, 03:01 PM
I LOVE CS. You will too!

DO IT! :mickey:

big blue and hairy
04-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Coronado Springs is my favorite of the moderates. Stay with it...

:sulley:

KAT1811
04-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Stay with Coronado Springs you won't regret it! IMHO I think that short of the hotel not having internal walkways to the rooms it could be classified as a deluxe resort. We have three DDs 10, 2, & 5 months and are staying at CS again in September. Our DDs LOVE the pool area as do we. Plus one added bonus is that the hotel's ammenities seem to never get used. We never had any problem getting on a bus either from or to the hotel there were always chairs by the pool and plenty of seats at the food court (which has some very fun and different options which we welcome since by the end of the trip I swear I could scream if I saw another burger!) You won't regret the CS.

We have also stayed at the CBR and we didn't care for it at all. I know many people here love it but we didn't. Just my :twocents: everyone is different.

TwoTinyWings
04-16-2007, 05:05 PM
We've also stayed at both resorts and preferred CSR. You'll love it! Take a look at the map of the resort, and request (at check-in) a room in the section of the resort closest to those amenities you will use most. I'd suggest Casitas or Cabanas as they are both lovely to look at and closer to El Centro, in terms of walking distance. We were in Casitas 2, which worked perfectly - close to bus stop, El Centro, quiet pool, and laundry, and in our opinion, the most beautiful section of the resort.

One thing to keep in mind about the CSR is that it's the only moderate with bus service to the Boardwalk - a plus if you don't have a car and plan to spend time there (or mini golfing at Fantasia Gardens).

You'll have a great time in October, no matter what you decide! (It's now our favorite time of year to go. :))

Disneynewbie07
04-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks to all of you who responded. Still unsure of my decision but my trip report has received great reviews from some "disney experts". I'm impressed with myself considering I JUST fouund out I should reserve all our table service meals for our trip! :thumbsup:

Mariašoš
04-16-2007, 07:31 PM
CBR is our favorite resort and your boys will definitely love the pirate/caribbean theme of the resort.

You'll check in at the Customs House. The CM's are extremely helpful and nice. They went out of their way to gather information regarding the different trees and plants around the resort for me and had it delivered to our rooms. Check in was speedy and off we went to our room located in Aruba 51. We checked in last August for Free Dining.

We requested Aruba 51 since it's the only smoking optional building of the whole resort. The resort had just been refurbished and all new mattresses. Very comfy! We were pleasantly surprised at how large the rooms are here. The largest rooms of all moderates and you'll definitely love the extra space. There's a small refrigerater, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, coffee pot, etc.... Double sinks separate from the bathroom and a curtain that separates the sink area from the rest of the room. Great in being able to have some privacy while changing.

Our room overlooked a beautiful courtyard and was a 3 minute walk to our car and to the quiet pool. We had the quiet pool all to ourselves each time we went. It was an 8 minute walk starting inside our room, over the bridge and island to Old Port Royale. Absolutely lovely walk and great caribbean music to dance to on your way to OPR.

The main pool is themed like Pirates of the Caribbean with cannons that shoot water, waterfall, hot tub and small slide. There's a separate kiddie pool. Enjoy the wonderful drinks at the poolside bar while playing a game of ping pong or get your hairwrapped or a Disney tattoo.

The food court is fabulous with many different selections to choose from. Absolutely delicious and fresh! I love the set up of the food court here! There's also a sit down restaurant named Shutter's. We didn't have time to eat here our last trip, but possibly our upcoming trip this coming August.

There's two sections to the shopping. The first is the straw market where you'll find caribbean themed items for sale. The next is the Trading Post where you'll find the typical Disney souvenirs, clothes, luggage, first aid items, strollers and such. Great selections! There's also an arcade.

CBR has it's own marina where you can rent different watercraft and bicycles. The path around the resort is fabulous to ride bikes on.

You can see Spaceship Earth and the higher up fireworks of Illuminations from the resort. Just lay back and enjoy the hammocks and watch the magic in the sky. Great playgrounds and sandy beaches in each village for the kids.

You really don't need to pay for a preferred room here. Jamaica 45 is located at the foot of the bridge to OLP. So request Jamaica 45, 46 or 44 or Aruba 51 (smoking optional) or 52 and you're a short walk away to OLP!

Enjoy your stay! You'll absolutely love having a vacation within your vacation!!!

Disneyfirsttimer
04-16-2007, 07:38 PM
I can't speak for CSR, but my family stayed at CBR in April 2006 (my DS was almost 7 and my DD was 4.5). We are going back in October 2007 (13-20) and are staying at CBR again. We loved it! As I said, I am not familiar with CSR, but read it was more business like and because of that we chose CBR. We paid for the preferred room and stayed in Martinique. We loved the quiet pools and had one right outside of our room. This was nice if you didn't want to go all the way to the main pool. It didn't have a slide, but the kids loved it just the same. The resort is large, but we never waited more than 15 minutes for a bus and we visited the week following Easter and the resorts and parks we filled to the brim. So all in all we were very happy. We did consider POR or POFQ for our next trip, but didn't like the fact shared buses and really loved CBR so booked again.

Whatever you decide, you will have a great time!

Karyn

CandleontheWater
04-16-2007, 08:01 PM
I've stayed at both CBR and CSR and I have to say that I like CBR sooooo much better. I absolutely love the tropical themeing, I love the rooms, I love the pool and I love the whole feel of the resort. Its such an immersive resort, it really takes you away to a whole different place. I also really love the pool, I think its one of the best. I think its so neat that it looks like a spanish colonial fort, and your boys would probably love it. I love the hammocks and all the water and I love to just walk around the different paths. I really didn't love CSR, even though I was there at Thanksgiving and there were no conventions, the hotel still had a buisness-traveler-type feel to it. I didn't like Pepper Market and I didn't think the pool was as nice as CBR. If you go in October you run the chance of having to deal with many convention goers, and I think that really kills Disney magic.

Gator
04-17-2007, 01:46 AM
Great place, but here's some advice that no one else is giving. Stay in the Ranchos. They are beautiful and very quiet. The theming is much better and you're close to that awesome pool. One more thing: the views you get of El Centro going to and from your room is worth staying in the Ranchos. If you're in the other sections, you'll never go out of your way to see the marvelous scenery. Do the Ranchos, dude.

BigRedDad
04-17-2007, 03:53 AM
CS was a great experience. My wife and I went they before we were engaged. It is a convention resort, but that had no impact on our visit. There was a convention going on while we were there. The only minor inconvenience was slightly longer lines for coffee and cocktails. With kids, this is no issue.

Crow
04-17-2007, 08:27 PM
[QUOTE=TwoTinyWings;1259565

One thing to keep in mind about the CSR is that it's the only moderate with bus service to the Boardwalk - a plus if you don't have a car and plan to spend time there (or mini golfing at Fantasia Gardens).

(It's now our favorite time of year to go. :))[/QUOTE]

Now i didnt know that!
ill b at CS end of May for my 2nd stay there
ive also stayed at CBR twice. liked the Jamaica area as its a nice walk from there to the food court...the food court didnt impress me though
Im looking forward to CS. the pool bar is nice and im going to take advantage of Pepper Mkt more and the bar for some tequila.
didnt really notice the conventioneers.

Hammer
04-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Coronado Springs offered a bus to the Boardwalk when it first opened. Unfortunately, Coronado Springs no longer offers a bus to the Boardwalk.

Flower
04-18-2007, 07:37 AM
We much prefer Coronado over Caribbean Beach. Our favourite section is the Cabanas - it is so nice to walk out of your room and lay on a hammock!

Building 8A is perfect - close to the bridge leading to El Centro, close to the pool, and close to laundry facilities - oh yah, and close to buses!

We have stayed in several or the resorts twice or more, we did not care for CBR and never returned there.

Crow
04-18-2007, 07:39 AM
i was wondering about the bus to Boardwalk as i hadnt heard about it. too bad i would have liked that after stopping at Kimonos or such.
I also just saw that Franciscos will b closed for rehab but another place is opening at CS. i was wanting to stop for tequila now hope the new place will b open late.
and hope Panchitos isnt too bad w construction.
41 days!

Hammer
04-18-2007, 12:53 PM
i was wondering about the bus to Boardwalk as i hadnt heard about it. too bad i would have liked that after stopping at Kimonos or such.
I also just saw that Franciscos will b closed for rehab but another place is opening at CS. i was wanting to stop for tequila now hope the new place will b open late.
and hope Panchitos isnt too bad w construction.
41 days!

Crow,

If you could please post a report of the lounge and store changes at CSR when you return. As a moderator and fan of Coronado Springs (and Francisco's) I would appreciate it!

Crow
04-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Crow,

If you could please post a report of the lounge and store changes at CSR when you return. As a moderator and fan of Coronado Springs (and Francisco's) I would appreciate it!

no problem. hope its not bad.
i hardly ate at Pepper last time and didnt try Maya. so I will check out some of the things soon and let all know