PDA

View Full Version : Animal Towel Sculptures!

crazeedizneefinatic
04-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Oh how we love these! How many of you got these at your hotel during your stay?? Sometimes we get someone from Mousekeeping who is dead on and sometimes we don't get one at all. Just wondering how everyone feels about these little surprises. Does Mousekeeping do these at all the resorts? Just wondering. Thinking about our upcoming trip and my son keeps talking about them.

kathiep
04-15-2007, 12:26 PM
We found the animals after our first night's stay.

Our kids were thrilled.

Of course, they were young enough that they were playing with them and they were ruined in no time.

I kept hoping for another set, but no such luck.

I hope we see them again this year!

Kairi_7378
04-15-2007, 12:35 PM
The only thing that we got that resembled a towel sculpture was the attractive fan/scallop that they shaped our washcloth into when they replaced the shampoo. This was the way the washcloths were when we first got there so I guess that is the standard way that they make up the rooms. There was so much Disney magic around that I didn't feel slighted in the least.

jodijo
04-15-2007, 12:57 PM
When we stayed at CBR and WL we got them every day. The kids (and I) just loved to get back to the room to see what towel animal they left each day. This year we stayed at the Poly and got Nothing. It was a little disappointing. I hope we have better luck next time.

disney100%
04-15-2007, 01:20 PM
On our last trip to POR, we didn't get any towel sculptures, but mousekeeping did rearrange my son's stuffed animals and toys to make it look they they were having a great time while we were away at the parks. One day, my son's favorite giraffe had on his new Buzz Lightyear hat that we had sitting on the bed. My parents were on the trip with us and they spoiled Joey (14 months at the time) like there was no tomorrow - which meant new toys almost everyday -and each day those toys would be part of the "display."

MIKESMOM
04-15-2007, 04:01 PM
Last October we received a new friend about every other day. On the first day we received the cutest witch. She had a hat made out of one of the Mickey coasters & ribbon for hair. She even had a broom stick.

Magic Smiles
04-15-2007, 04:10 PM
We have always returned to a least one animal sculpture during our visits. The longer we stay, the more sculptures. I remember walking along the corridor of the POFQ one day last spring and there was one room that had probably ten sculptures all lined up in the window. They were great. Wish it had of been our room!

walstib
04-15-2007, 04:20 PM
We always get a few on 2 or 3 days of our trip. Every day we were treated to our new stuffed friends either having a great time, or getting into alot of trouble.

Mickey91
04-15-2007, 04:20 PM
We stayed at WL in Dec and was very disappointed that we didn't even receive one sculpture. We stayed there in '03 and came back to three during the week. I know Dec is was busy. The resort was at full capacity that week, but we received horrible mousekeeping services from there, not even including the sculptures. We went to the POP for the last 3 nights of our stay,also at capacity, (had to split because there were no rooms available at WL for the end of trip), and received two sculptures and candy canes, plus the room was immaculate each time we came back.

angedeaile
04-15-2007, 10:10 PM
When I stayed at POFQ, we never had the pleasure of such wonderful towel sculptures:(

We too only had the fan folding. It was kinda disappointing since I heard so much on Intercot and on travel channel specials about these things.

Maybe it all depends on how skilled mousekeeping is that day...and I wasn't lucky enough.

Mom2princesses
04-15-2007, 10:49 PM
We have stayed at the Poly the last three times we have gone to Disney. We have never had animal sculptures. :( I hope we get them this year because my girls would love it. Ok ok so would mom!

:princess:

pogo
04-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Nope.......:shake: none at all ! And we were staying at the Poly.:papple: :lei:

We will be staying at POFQ this Thursday and we are hoping to get them there. :D

Mom2princesses
04-15-2007, 11:23 PM
Nope.......:shake: none at all ! And we were staying at the Poly.:papple: :lei:

We will be staying at POFQ this Thursday and we are hoping to get them there. :D

Hmmmm, I wonder if they don't do animal sculptures at the Poly. So far three of us have said they never got them at the Poly. Has anyone ever gotten them at the Poly?

Melanie
04-15-2007, 11:39 PM
We got them everyday on our trip last year at Caribbean Beach. If we didn't get any new animals, they were at least placed in a new, fun arrangement.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-16-2007, 12:29 AM
We got three our last trip to Pop. The first time we got them at any resort!!

They were also wonderful about my daughter's stuffed animals. One day we came in with her Mickey doll sitting on the bed wearing Ry's sunglasses, facing the TV with it turned on. Mickey had his had on the remote.
That was our favorite and our kids still talk about it, even the 9 year old. :mickey:

WDWfeelslikehome
04-16-2007, 07:37 AM
We stayed at the Poly for 2 nights and had one the first night, but then we transferred over to SSR and didn't have any. The best place that we have found for them is AKL, a few years ago we stayed there and had multiple animals on most days.:mickey:

DVC2004
04-16-2007, 08:03 AM
We never get them at WDW- I have no idea why. We have gotten them on the cruise and at Disney's Vero Beach resort.

RAIDER
04-16-2007, 08:14 AM
We got them most days and did not have the heart to dismantle it :thumbsup:

IwannabeAprincess
04-16-2007, 10:53 AM
When I stayed at CBR we got one about every other day. They got pretty creative with the butterfly and a bunny. it just added to the magic :mickey:

crazeedizneefinatic
04-16-2007, 11:58 AM
It is so interesting to see everyones input! I LOVE this board. I am wondering if the Mousekeepers take a course on making the animals?? Some of them are pretty intricate using pipe cleaners and such. Does anyone know??:mickey:

McGoofy
04-17-2007, 04:18 AM
we love the towel creatures!

On our last stay at Halloween, we were at Pop Century Resort. We got little towel animals everyday of our stay. Stuff like elephants, a pumpkin, etc... They were decorated with tons of stickers too.

It has nothing to do with where you stay as much as it does with who your Mousekeeper is. Times before this last trip at places such as the Poly, we didn't get any towel animals or anything done with our sons toys/stuffed animals. However, we have also stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge and had towel animals everyday. They went all out and decorated a cup that we had stuck our toothbrushes in. They had a towel elephant hanging from the towel rack. These creatures were everywhere! I guess it may also depend on if the Mousekeepers have time to do it as well. If the rooms are booked, they may not have as much time as when the resorts are not quite as full. However it is so nice to find the little surprises!