PDA

View Full Version : Waking Tink

kathiep
04-15-2007, 11:44 AM
I've heard rumors about waking up Tinkerbell in Cinderella's caste.

Has anyone done this? What does it involve? How do you get to do it?

My DD would love something like this.

Thanks for any info.

TheRustyScupper
04-15-2007, 12:38 PM
1) Go to Tink's Shop on left side of Castle yard.
2) Be FIRST into the shop.
3) Ask to "Wake Up Tink".
4) You yell "Wake UP!", and she flies from her drawer.

NOTE: There is always a rush to do this, so don't be disappointed if you don't get to do it. You need to be at the rope drop, or not even a chance.

Maleficent's Dad
04-15-2007, 12:56 PM
My kids have been lucky enough to do this a few times.
As you go through the castle, store is on left side in Fantasyland.
When you get in, ask the first CM you see to wake up Tink.
They give the kids a wand or sword (depending on girl or boy) and they have a small routine that they follow. Tink flies out of the box (complete with sound effects) and then flies through the store.
They'll then give your kids (or you! ;) ) a certificate stating you woke Tink. :tink:

TikiGoddess
04-15-2007, 02:55 PM
We did an early (8:05am) breakfast at the Crystal Palace last trip. We finished our breakfast and ended up waiting in the Castle behind the rope to Fantasyland at about 8:50. There were 30-40 people waiting with us and although we ran to Dumbo first, we would have had a good chance of getting into the store first.

I think this would be the only way to get to the store before everyone else -- if you're entering the park with the masses at 9am I don't think you have much of a chance.

Best of luck!
TikiG

Jasper
04-15-2007, 03:02 PM
We didn not get there in time to be the ones to do it, but we did get to see it twice now. While it is certainly fun, if your children are older, then they probably won't want to spend the time doing this when they could be getting in line for a ride. When I say older, I am saying about 10 years or older. Of course, that is just a ball park and depends on your individual child(ren).

Figment!
04-15-2007, 03:21 PM
From Hidden Treasures & Surprises (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/hiddentreasures.asp)
Waking-up Tinkerbell
If you are among the first to enter Tinkerbell’s Treasures shop (to your left as you pass through Cinderella Castle), your kid(s) may be in for a special treat. Ask the Cast Member if you can wake-up Tinkerbell. The kid(s) are given a sword (for boys) or a wand (for girls) and are instructed to tap on a small chest three times and say “wake-up Tinkerbell”. Sure enough Tinkerbell wakes-up and flies around the room in a dazzling display of lights and sounds. The helpers are usually given a certificate that proclaims that they helped wake-up Tinkerbell. If you miss this morning ceremony, Tink typically flies around the shop intermittently through out the day.

r4kids
04-15-2007, 03:24 PM
We didn not get there in time to be the ones to do it, but we did get to see it twice now. While it is certainly fun, if your children are older, then they probably won't want to spend the time doing this when they could be getting in line for a ride. When I say older, I am saying about 10 years or older. Of course, that is just a ball park and depends on your individual child(ren).

You would think most kids 10 and up won't want to do this but last Sept. during our Little Ones Magic Hour we were in line at Cindy's castle rope first. When the rope dropped 2 girls about 12 & 13 trampled :mad: our 2 DD's 3&5 and another little girl about 3 or 4 to get in before we did. We will be extra careful this year. We have 3 chances to do it. The girls haven't stopped asking if they get to see Tink this year. :magic: :tink:

jrpersinger
04-15-2007, 04:36 PM
We have ADRs for CRT at 9:15. Would that give us time to do it before we eat? Sign in for our reservations and send the kiddos and one adult over...

Or is this just wishful thinking?

Goofy Pluto
04-16-2007, 02:26 PM
So what exactly is "Tinkerbell"? Is it lights or fiber optics that run around the store or something?

Goes4FastPass
04-16-2007, 02:40 PM
So what exactly is "Tinkerbell"? Is it lights or fiber optics that run around the store or something?Yes and it's cute but not something I would plan around.

Goes4FastPass
04-16-2007, 02:46 PM
...When the rope dropped 2 girls about 12 & 13 trampled :mad: our 2 DD's 3&5... 12-13 YOs are the peole who shouldn't be allowed to wreck LOEMH.

The only thing more obnoxious than a tweenage girl is the mother encouraging her to be obnoxious or shaking her head while telling anyone who will listen, "I just can't do a thing with her..."

r4kids
04-16-2007, 08:57 PM
12-13 YOs are the peole who shouldn't be allowed to wreck LOEMH.

The only thing more obnoxious than a tweenage girl is the mother encouraging her to be obnoxious or shaking her head while telling anyone who will listen, "I just can't do a thing with her..."

The worst part was after this happened the mother was beaming proud of her daughter for getting in first. While the other little girl (not our DD's) was getting medical attention for her knees from being shoved to the ground. I was furious but held it in check for the sake of being in Disney and my children. The mother did offer to let our girls watch. Ohhhh what a thrill. Anyway, we also have a tween(12) and would never in a million years allow her to act like that. To be honest I think she would be mortified to run over little kids. We will try again this fall and if we do it fine if not we go again next year!!:mickey: