PDA

View Full Version : What makes you sad at Disney World?

T-Belle
04-15-2007, 11:30 AM
ok, so this is how my Disney warped mind works. I was cleaning:dishes: my kitchen and thinking of and wishing (as usual)I was in WDW when all of a sudden, I remembered the sad feeling I get when on the next to the last day there, you get an envelope with your bill shoved under you room door. Just a very sad reminder that the real world is lurking right around the corner, waiting to destroy all the magic and wonder right out of you! So sad!!!:(

dopeydude
04-15-2007, 11:33 AM
I agree. The sad feeling on the last day is nearly unbearable. I think the worst part is leaving the parks on the last night.

merlinmagic4
04-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Rain and tornado watches make me sad :( I know NOTHING about tornadoes but we are under a watch until 5pm today and it makes me nervous. I also feel sad when it is pouring rain and as soon as the sun comes out (like it JUST did) I feel MUCH better :) Off to MGM and hopefully no tornadoes!!!

SBETigg
04-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Leaving is the biggest one, yes, but also seeing people have left litter on attractions, in queues, or vandalized. That makes me sad. And people who get mean, rude, or generally misbehave. They make me sad for a few seconds and then I shake it off. No one's going to ruin my good time. But how can people be in a place like WDW and end up acting like jerks? Hard to believe.

BronxTigger
04-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Rain and tornado watches make me sad :( I know NOTHING about tornadoes but we are under a watch until 5pm today and it makes me nervous. I also feel sad when it is pouring rain and as soon as the sun comes out (like it JUST did) I feel MUCH better :) Off to MGM and hopefully no tornadoes!!!

A tornado watch means that conditions are favorable for the storm to worsen and their is the potential for a tornado. It is to make you aware that the weather is not too good, but a tornado watch is not too serious.

A tornado warning, on the other hand, is more serious, it means that a tornado could form at any time, and it often means that cloud rotation has been spotted either on weather computers or in the sky.

I'm no weather guru, but I picked up that information living in Denver. Enjoy MGM for us.

And yes, the bill is very sad....for two reasons:
1) It signifies your departure from WDW is coming up very soon
2) It reminds you that your trip was not free.

AliceinDisney
04-15-2007, 12:01 PM
The last day makes me sad too. I also don't like when people butt in line, or when Castmembers are downright rude. For example, I was waiting in line to get my pic taken with Captain Hook, and the castmember was such a grouch. She was like NEXTTTTTTTT and she was short with everyone in her tone. Those are the people who shouldn't be working at Disney! It also makes me sad when I see kids crying, or misbehaving. Also what makes me sad is when you see the Make a Wish children in Disney, and you know this may be their one and only time to be really happy during their illness.

berri_boo
04-15-2007, 12:04 PM
On the Magical Express bus ride when the put in the "Goodbye" video. I actually started to tear up. My DH started preparing me from the very beginning. At around day 3 of 15 he started saying stuff like, "It's almost over." or "There's only 10 days left." We even took pictures of us finalizing the packing the night before we left....we had out pouty faces on and out luggage out. It makes me a little depressed even thinking about it and knowing I'll be going through the same thing in December of this year.

We also went to the MK and saw "Wishes" & "Spectromagic" our last night in the parks and every time I hear that music it makes me cry....:(

:mickey:Oh how I am looking so forward to our next WDW vacation....only 221 more days left...and only 41 more days until we start booking our ADR's :mickey:

Christine
04-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Leaving is the biggest one, yes, but also seeing people have left litter on attractions, in queues, or vandalized. That makes me sad. And people who get mean, rude, or generally misbehave. They make me sad for a few seconds and then I shake it off. No one's going to ruin my good time. But how can people be in a place like WDW and end up acting like jerks? Hard to believe.

Leaving is very sad, but I also agree with you! When I see where people have "trashed" something in the World, I get very sad. :crying:

nutz4goofy
04-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Leaving is the only thing that makes me sad. I cry when I leave the resort...especially when I see new visitors checking in. I get so jealous!!! I cry on the way to the airport, when I'm waiting to board the plane, when on the plane and even after I'm home a few days. I just want to go back!! No other place makes me feel so happy...it's truly magical!!

crazeedizneefinatic
04-15-2007, 02:26 PM
I think the most saddest part of the trip is leaving, walking to the ME waiting area and seeing all the "new" guests with huge smiles on their faces getting off the bus for their stay. I don't think anyone has a smile on their face on their way back to the airport.:(

mouseketeer mom
04-15-2007, 03:19 PM
I think the most saddest part of the trip is leaving, walking to the ME waiting area and seeing all the "new" guests with huge smiles on their faces getting off the bus for their stay. I don't think anyone has a smile on their face on their way back to the airport.:(

I agree! From the moment the ME tag is hanging on your door, then seeing all those new arrivals at the airport...UGH. That is torture, pure torture. It actually makes my heart hurt! My husband thinks I'm nuts, assures me will always be back. And you know, we always are. Just that the coming home, that real world thing, the unpacking, the mail, school, housework...you catch my drift! I always do this thing on the airplane where I try to spot the palm trees as the plane is lifting off..I tell myself then I'll be back to see them soon!

Dsnygirl
04-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Besides the sad feeling of calling for the CM's to come load your luggage... :sob: ... I feel very sad when I am in the parks, and I see a parent just berating their little child. I know what it's like - I've been there with very excited, bouncing all over the place little girls - and I know how it can get when everyone is hungry, tired and it's 90 degrees outside. But boy - if there's ever been a place I've tried to keep my cool, it's been there - I just don't think it's worth ruining a memory or an entire day. Don't get me wrong - I'm not talking about normal discipline going on that just has to happen to keep things sane - I'm talking about the parents you see who are just hollering at their kids, loud enough for all to hear, and saying mean or cruel things to them - things that just make the child hang their head. That breaks my heart, whether it's at the supermarket, or at WDW. But especially at such a magical place - it just hurts to watch. :(

Marilyn Michetti
04-15-2007, 05:35 PM
What makes me sad is seeing all the empty spaces in Epcot that used to be filled with neat exhibits. Innoventions used to be filled on both sides with technology that you could just play with, and now, it's just "empty". Spaceship Earth used to exit into more of the same fun spots, and it's empty. Why can't sponsors be found for this market?

Magic Kingdom has the same problem in Tomorrowland. They try to fill these spots with character meet and greet's, but it's a little like putting a plant in a corner to make a room look fuller.

O.K., I'm sad now, but am still planning to show up in Dec.:)

princessjojo
04-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Leaving is the only thing that makes me sad. I cry when I leave the resort...especially when I see new visitors checking in. I get so jealous!!! I cry on the way to the airport, when I'm waiting to board the plane, when on the plane and even after I'm home a few days. I just want to go back!! No other place makes me feel so happy...it's truly magical!!

I thought I was the only one was like this. I really do get especially jealous when the others are checking in. But my alter ego kinda chuckles when I'm the other one who is checking in and the others are the one's leaving. Bad me, bad, bad me.

I also get sad when I see small kids at the park who are tired and hungry and their parents are trying to marathon it around the parks. Like they are going to be the ones who will do it all in 1 day. The poor kids can't even have fun in the happiest place on earth.

Melanie
04-16-2007, 12:57 AM
you get an envelope with your bill shoved under you room door.

Yes, the eviction notice. So sad! :(

imaprincess!
04-16-2007, 01:09 AM
Leaving! Looking back at the park one last time, realizing I won't be there tomorrow. :cry:

vizsla
04-16-2007, 03:21 AM
Leaving for the airport has to be the saddest time for me. You know your on your way back to reality.

princessjojo
04-16-2007, 06:31 PM
Yes, the eviction notice. So sad! :(

Too funny. I never thought about it that way... It is sad though.

Marker
04-16-2007, 06:35 PM
What makes me sad is that more children can't afford to go. That Disney is becoming more and more a destination for people with money. The kids I know who will have a sad look on their faces if I speak about my trip, because their parents will never be able to afford to take them.

That's probably not what you were looking for, but that's what I think.

ibrowse17
04-16-2007, 06:40 PM
Well, of course the last day and leaving make me sad. The other thing is seeing families that are rushing or fighting too much to enjoy it. I feel sad for them. I also feel sad for whoever paid for the teenagers walking around Disney with a cell phone glued to their ear and seem to care less for where they are at.

magicman
04-16-2007, 07:41 PM
... I feel very sad when I am in the parks, and I see a parent just berating their little child. I know what it's like - I've been there with very excited, bouncing all over the place little girls - and I know how it can get when everyone is hungry, tired and it's 90 degrees outside. But boy - if there's ever been a place I've tried to keep my cool, it's been there - I just don't think it's worth ruining a memory or an entire day. Don't get me wrong - I'm not talking about normal discipline going on that just has to happen to keep things sane - I'm talking about the parents you see who are just hollering at their kids, loud enough for all to hear, and saying mean or cruel things to them - things that just make the child hang their head. That breaks my heart, whether it's at the supermarket, or at WDW. But especially at such a magical place - it just hurts to watch. :(

To me, this is the saddest thing to see. You only get childhood once, and I hate seeing such a wonderful opportunity to create a precious memory for a child (to be at WDW) being ruined.

ghost999
04-16-2007, 09:17 PM
i get SO SO SO SAD when i have to pack up, get in the car, and head back up to the middle of nowhere and have to wait about another year to come back.:cry: :crying: :sadwave:

Jeri Lynn
04-17-2007, 08:00 AM
It makes me sad to go to each park at the end of my trip and knowing that I have to wait another year to come back...

Marker
04-17-2007, 11:22 AM
What makes me sad is that more children can't afford to go. That Disney is becoming more and more a destination for people with money. The kids I know who will have a sad look on their faces if I speak about my trip, because their parents will never be able to afford to take them.

Ok, it also makes me kind of sad to see that envelope hanging on the door knob right before it's time to go home. That envelope is just an all too real reminder that my time has become very limited.

future_imagineer
04-17-2007, 10:57 PM

Thank you.

We all need to keep things in perspective - although I personally go through similar experiences to the ones described here, when I think of people dying from a famine in Niger, or the genocide in Darfur, or even people in this very country who can't afford a house, much less a trip to WDW, that tends to make me stop going through 'withdrawal'. All of us should count our blessings that we are able to go to such a wonderful place even once.

2Epcot
04-19-2007, 08:50 AM
Of course I feel sad when I have to leave Disney World, but I always get sad anytime I hear a siren or see emergency vehicles near the property. I always wonder is someone's dream vacation is being ruined by an accident or illness ... I feel bad for them, even though I don't know them.

goofysbabe
04-19-2007, 09:30 AM
I have to agree with the leaving - I cry when we leave - WDW makes me soooooooo happy and I feel really great when I'm there. Also knowing that when we get back home and the family will be going their different ways again (back to the routine). My husband works nights so I see less of him and the kids are off to school each day and I'm back at work (constantly thinking about when and how I can get back to WDW). It also makes me sad when people "put down" Disney when they have never been - the "thats to much money to spend on a vacation" - "your going there again" - "there's nothing there I like to do" - Well my answer is how do ya know -until you go!!!!

PixiePrincess
04-19-2007, 11:38 PM
The only thing that makes me sad is having to leave! :(

GiltterDisneyGirl
04-21-2007, 11:48 PM
The last 2 days always gets us because we always walk around the parks lazy wondering what to do next. lol

mrsgaribaldi
04-22-2007, 09:53 AM
I get sad when I see the statue of Walt and the pictures of him and I remember that he never got to see Walt Disney World all completed:(

birdie1410
04-22-2007, 08:01 PM
[QUOTE=Marker;1259661]What makes me sad is that more children can't afford to go. That Disney is becoming more and more a destination for people with money. The kids I know who will have a sad look on their faces if I speak about my trip, because their parents will never be able to afford to take them.
QUOTE]

Isn't that the truth? We don't have kids at home anymore but we go with friends who do. It's outrageous the amount of money you can spend on food alone, much less take home a trinket or two. And don't even get me started on ticket prices! I fully believe the the Disney powers that be could reduce some of their own salaries, still pay the CM's a decent wage and lower ticket prices yet turn a profit.
:sad:

kadesha
04-22-2007, 08:11 PM
I was going to say Wishes. It makes me happy and sad at the same time. The song really gets to me. But since someone mentioned that kids that can't afford to go, that makes me not so sad about my own experiences anymore. I never got to go as a kid, and my nieces and nephews won't because of the high prices. I'm just glad that my kids get the experience once a year and am going to try to dismiss all of my own selfishness.

TTA Metroliner
04-22-2007, 09:04 PM
I get sad on the last day we go to the parks and the last time my ticket goes through the reader. I get sad as we drive away from the parks and see the icons (Spaceship Earth, Tree of Life, etc.) fade away into the distance.

Donald Duck 224
04-23-2007, 10:26 PM
The worst feeling is when i get off the monorail the last night and walk back to the hotel room and get soo sad.

alicia524luvstw
04-26-2007, 06:24 AM
I am sooo sad the day we leave WDW!! I'm leaving next week and I feel like my trip is almost over. I'm already wondering when we can go again. I think it would be less expensive if we just move to Orlando or close by

Belle619
04-26-2007, 10:29 AM
On our last trip, I got very sad thinking about how not all of our family was with us to share in the fun. My parents were supposed to come with us, however my dad's arthritis got so bad that he wouldn't have been able to do much. It just got me so down to think that they haven't been to WDW in 30 years!

Thankfully, he just had a sucessful hip replacement, so hopefully he and my mom will be able to come on our next trip.

DisneyCastle
04-27-2007, 12:01 AM
"Leaving is the only thing that makes me sad."

Here is something I always tell my kids: "Dont be sad because its over; Smile because it happened!"
I'd like to take credit for it, but it is a quote from Dr Seuss. :clappy:

Mickey91
04-27-2007, 09:48 AM
I am looking so forward to our next WDW vacation....only 221 more days left...and only 41 more days until we start booking our ADR's :mickey:
Make sure you reserve anything and everything that you want to do that accepts advance ressies. We went the first week of Dec last year and thought it would be one of the least crowded times to go. by the end of Sept. the entire WDW resort was booked solid. We tried to change a couple of things with our resort stay and was told that NOTHING was available in the entire resort. Candlelight packages go pretty quick too. They are available to book mid Aug.

Rude CMs. The man at Cinderella's castle was very rude to my DD. We had eaten late at 1900 Park Fair and didn't get to see Fairy Godmother. We went to the castle the next day to ask if we could just go in to see her for a minute and he was very hateful in telling DD that Fairy Godmother wasn't there and no she could not go in if she wasn't eating there. My DD teared up and lost a lot of magic from that. Even if there was no way to see Fairy Godmother, a little compassion and caring wouldn't be asking too much.

Leaving is very sad. I cry on the way out of MK on the last night. I walk backward and stare at the castle until I can't see it any more. This continues until the next morning when we are all loaded up and pass under the "come again" sign.:sadwave: :cry: By the time we reach Interstate 4, we are planning next years trip!!:minnie::fworks:

Figgyluv03
04-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Leaving is the saddest and worst part, but for me it was working on 9-11-01. That was such a horrible and long day!

BashfulMom
04-27-2007, 01:31 PM
Knowing that I can't stay there forever.

2GOO-FEE
04-27-2007, 08:56 PM
The Last day is very sad but one other thing makes me very sad.

My DH & I had a 13 year old Golden Retreiver that we have always wanted to take to Disney. We wanted to get either a MotorHome or Travel Trailer and stay at Fort Wilderness and take our Golden (our Son). Just so he could be at Disney and share the experience of being at Disney.

A few weeks before October 12, 2006, we found out that he had cancer and within those weeks he went down hill fast. We had to put him at rest on October 12. We could not take him to Disney and that makes me very sad.

Since he could not be at Fort Wilderness in body we decided to do something special for him. In December, we took some of his hair and buried it in the Pet Loop in Fort Wilderness.

GrmGrninGost
04-29-2007, 05:29 PM
Leaving the MK on our last day is sad for me.:(

glenpreece
05-01-2007, 11:19 PM
I totally agree!!! Seeing new guests arriving as you are leaving/checking out is killer. The other thing that really gets me is seeing mentally handicapped kids at WDW. It really makes me think how lucky I am to be able to go to such a wonderful place and be able to experience whatever I want and take pics etc and they are so limited by what they can do while they are there. Then they might not be able to articulate that they like or don't like something. That really gets me,

Momof2boys
05-02-2007, 09:32 AM
This doesn't take place at WDW, but it's close . . . when we're at the airport and the plane that will take us home arrives and all the new families get off the plane with smiles, excitement, and the "I'm so happy we're here" looks on their faces. I'm sitting there, sad, and forget that I was the same way last week.

TikiGoddess
05-03-2007, 08:46 PM
What makes me sad at WDW...

I tear up when I leave the MK. Guaranteed.

Also every time I think of my mom and dad when I'm there I get misty. They used to bring me and my brother to WDW every year when we were kids, and those days are some of my fondest childhood memories. My mom had a stroke a couple of years ago and cannot travel. I know they would love to see their grandchildren at WDW but that will never happen.

TikiG

ImagiAsh
05-04-2007, 12:45 AM
The last full day in the park always makes me the saddest. We usually stay in the Magic Kingdom for our last full day until it closes and it's just so sad walking out, back down main street, past the shops, listening to the music, turning around to see the castle for the last time, watching the little ones sleeping on their parents shoulders... I'm getting sad just thinking about it. :(