PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: #3

King Triton
04-15-2007, 08:44 AM
Again, great responses for the first 2 questions (in Theme Parks and Accommodations).

Now we go to your stomachs for the answer to #3....Jiko or Boma

(If you haven't eaten at one or either, please feel free to vote...pick the one you would most likely try)

Look for question #4 in Vacation Planning, most likely on Monday.

BronxTigger
04-15-2007, 09:14 AM
I have not eaten at either and have very little desire to do so, but my DH really wants to try Boma on our next trip, so I voted for Boma.

EvilQueen2006
04-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Had to go with what I know. I'm sure Jiko is wonderful, but I've never been, and I REALLY LOVE Boma!!!

Caroleh
04-15-2007, 09:52 AM
I've only eaten at Boma and have fallen in love with it. I like the buffet, because if there was something I didn't like(which there was nothing) I don't have to eat it. Plus, I love Boma's soups and I ate more then 1.

Crow
04-15-2007, 10:26 AM
personally tough to pick either, as i first met the ex when i ate at Boma for breakfast and we had dates at Jiko.
i picked Boma since it was cheaper. although the filet at Jiko was great.

Spaceship Tigger
04-15-2007, 10:37 AM
I love Boma but haven't tried Jiko (though I would like to). However, I feel having to burn two dining credits on a restaurant is not worth it, so it's not likely that we'll ever eat at Jiko on the DDP.

disneyfan1124
04-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Boma is our favorite! DH isn't much for fine dining and is a bit picky about his food, however, he'll never turn down prime rib and he says Boma's is the best on property! As a firm believer in "beef, it's what's for dinner" my DH has tried lots of on property choices and Boma wins hands down, every time!

BigRedDad
04-15-2007, 11:14 AM
I've eaten at Boma and voted for it. The carved prime rib is awesome. The have many other things to eat there as well. the smell permeates throughout the bar and lounge area begging you to come in for a taste.

darthmacho
04-15-2007, 11:30 AM
I'm sure Jiko is wonderful, but I doubt I'll ever try it with Boma sitting right there, unless of course, I stay at AKL one day.

KTriton, I'm a little disappointed in you, by the way. Anyone can do 100 questions, shouldn't we be going for 1 million? If anyone could get there, it would be you. ;)

:laughing:

SBETigg
04-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Hard to choose because they are really such different experiences. It would all depend on my mood and the circumstances. Boma vs 'Ohana seems a more likely match. I chose Jiko, because I've been dying to try it, but I'm trying Boma with my family in August.

King Triton
04-15-2007, 01:11 PM
KTriton, I'm a little disappointed in you, by the way. Anyone can do 100 questions, shouldn't we be going for 1 million? If anyone could get there, it would be you. ;)
:laughing:

A million??? Umm, don't think so. You'd have to start by getting the Intercot folks to put me on the payroll, 'cause I'd have to quit my job.

BMan62
04-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Selected Boma, but both are exceptional.

Jiko is a great sit-down, moderately fancy restaurant and the entrees are magnificent. Can't sya that the appetizers were my cup-of-tea, though. Can't say that I got two TS credits worth, so we will probably try somewhere else next time.

Boma takes my vote on this because of two things: cost and variety. Being a buffet, there is always something to go back and try and you are not limited in selection. Taking only one DDP TS credit leaves you an available TS credit for another meal. We will definitely be hitting this one up again next trip!

illini
04-15-2007, 03:23 PM
I voted for Jiko because we didn't like Boma at all. Usually like African food, but found it to be bland and unremarkable. Perhaps we hit it on a bad night, but I won't bother trying it again.

Now I'll don my flame suit for being so blasphemous as to dislike Boma! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
04-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Picked Boma's. We thought it was a great place to eat and would definitely eat there again.

grammy3
04-15-2007, 03:40 PM
I voted for Jiko because we didn't like Boma at all. Usually like African food, but found it to be bland and unremarkable. Perhaps we hit it on a bad night, but I won't bother trying it again.

Now I'll don my flame suit for being so blasphemous as to dislike Boma! :mickey:

I'm with you just not a fan of the buffet where everything looks and taste the same. Only redeeming factor was the soup.
So many other restaurants to try I probably won't try Boma again!

Grammy3

Kairi_7378
04-16-2007, 09:22 AM
Couldn't convince DH to try either of these places on our last trip (we used our TS credits at other restaurants.) However, since I don't have much experience with African cuisine, I think that I would prefer a buffet experience. That way, I'd be able to try more things!

BrerSchultzy
04-16-2007, 12:02 PM
I had to vote for Jiko, because I really want to try this place. A friend of mine just returned from South Africa, and spoke of the amazing gourmet cuisine he had....and said the dishes he spent $150 on in S.A. were the same ones he had at Jiko when he went there in December.

Can't wait.

avantgardeinker
04-16-2007, 04:54 PM
I haven't eaten at either restaurant, but I chose Boma just because you can see what you're getting with the buffet.

:mickey:

marlyn
04-16-2007, 07:50 PM
I voted for Boma. So many wonderful choices and everything is so good. YUMM. We are having my parent's anniversary dinner there next week :)

mudpuppysmom
04-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Jiko here.....we tried Boma and I was the only one that liked it. While we were waiting for our ressie at Boma, my cousin and I looked at the menu at Jiko......we both looked at each other and thought, "hey, this is not too bad, we'd eat here.....maybe next time"......THEN, I looked at the top of the menu.....it said KIDS MENU!!!! We both busted out laughing so hard!! Anyway, our Sept. 2006 trip we tried it out and absolutely fell in love! AKL is my favorite resort.....if we can get it together financially we'll buy DVC there....for me to say a place is relaxing, it must be really serene, and it is there!!! The ambience at Jiko is wonderful and the food is just YUM-O!

GiltterDisneyGirl
04-22-2007, 04:05 AM
Boma all the way! The food this is so good, thank goodness its all you can eat. lol :blush:

mdearmas
08-02-2007, 10:29 AM
I've been to niether unfortunately however my parents prefer Boma! So i'll go with that!
:goofy: