PDA

View Full Version : Family Musical Beds

imaprincess!
04-15-2007, 04:10 AM
I fell asleep at 10pm and woke up at 1am; haven't been able to fall back asleep. We're also playing musical beds - DH fell asleep with DD; DS woke up to go to the bathroom and thought he saw someone at the front door (it was our Easter flag and the wind is blowing) so he's now in my bed, and youngest DD did her usual climb into my bed a little while ago. Now I'm out on the computer, so everyone's where they're not supposed to be!

Does the scenario sound familiar to anyone else?! :sleepin:

kathiep
04-15-2007, 08:11 AM
I feel for you.

DS fell asleep on the living room floor while I was attempting to put DD into bed.

I actually fell asleep on her floor before she finally fell asleep.

DH woke me but when I moved into our bed, he wasn't able to get DS into his own bed without a crying fit, so he was in my bed.

Within 2 hours, DD was up and screaming and would only stop by coming into my bed.

I lost count how many times I was kicked through the night.

g0189a
04-15-2007, 09:29 AM
I think this is way more common than you might think.

My youngest daughter sleeps all over the place. We call her the tiny tornado.

So the two kids don't seem to stay in the same bed and it makes for only so-so sleeping.

Try and sleep as best you can.

Tinkerfreak
04-15-2007, 12:02 PM
We went through this with our oldest dd until finally the lack of sleep was making me sick. DH does construction and working a dangerous job on little sleep was not good. I finally talkedto my pediatrician and he said we had to get tough with her and keep her in her own bed. It was tough for the first week but after that when she realized that she was not going to be sleeping in our bed she learned to fall asleep in her own bed. We never had a problem with her being in our bed until she was about 3 yearsl old. She would come in and we would just give in because it was easier than taking her back to bed. It was hard for that week but believe me it paid off. Youngest DD never sleeps with us. When she was sick or scared I would go in with her in her bed until she fell asleep. Now she is older and hardly ever wakes up. It is so tough to be strong but believe me it pays off in the end when you finally start getting a good nights rest.