PDA

View Full Version : VWL studio vs. WL woods view room

Marceline
04-15-2007, 02:57 AM
This question is for the DVCer's who are big WL lovers. I am on the proverbial fence and a big reason is that we love staying in the Lodge so much and are wondering how the Villas compare.

The biggest perk of staying in the Lodge in a woods view room is the immense pleasure of viewing Wishes through the trees from our balcony every night. This wouldn't be possible
in the villas since they are on the other side of the lodge. The other consideration is how much we loved the room decor in our WL room. I know the villas ( the studio would be our choice, as we prefer eating out on vacation and wouldn't desire a full kitchen) have a similar woodsy theme but I dont know if I can give up those wonderful faux wood carved headboards.:cap: I love them so.

SO I am looking for honest opinions and insight into the differences, pro and con between a VWL studio room and the rooms in the big lovely Lodge.

Thanks in advance. :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
04-15-2007, 09:40 AM
A few things to consider:

Villas are in a separate building
Studios have 1 queen size bed and a double sleeper sofa (this means the second bed is a pull out couch!)
Villas have a wet bar and microwave
Theming is very similar
Villas are more removed - thus being more subdued, laid back, & quiet
The lodge is much more bustling

In general, both are good solid choices and both share many similarities.

Lodge rooms will be closer to boat transport; buses can be closer to villas or equidistant from both depending on room location.

Lodge rooms are generally closer to restaurants and main pool.

Villa rooms are closer to fitness center; most would be closer to child care center.

Good luck - not sure this helps.
Not sure either room would make or break the trip over the other! :mickey:

Marceline
04-16-2007, 01:27 AM
Thanks alot Maleficent's Dad, that does help a great deal actually.:mickey:

A question or two....are the villa studios larger than a regular Lodge room? Also, in the Iron Spike room, what type of game tables do they have there, billiards, ping pong?? :)

It's these silly little details that matter alot to me. heh :D

Priority Four
04-16-2007, 11:22 AM
The iron spike room is more of a lounge area. No ping pong or billiards. There might be a checker board table. It is described as "low key" on the DVC site.

Maleficent's Dad
04-16-2007, 11:26 AM
Tough questions!!!

I believe that the actual size of a studio is about 355 square feet, and a standard room at the WL is 350. (Please don't quote me on this!)

The Iron Spike room - from what I recall, it has tables & chairs for sitting around and relaxing. I don't think they had the other "Community Hall" activities (ping pong, etc) found at other DVC resorts. (I'm pretty sure you can still make use of this facility if you're staying at the WL proper.)

pox24
04-16-2007, 01:43 PM
I stayed there for the the first time in January.
I enjoyed it more than the lodge. Quieter, secluded, pool was peaceful, and still a 3 minute walk to the main lobby. We had breakfast in on Sunday and the service was great. Our view was looking through the trees at Bay Lake. Cannot wait to go there again.