PDA

View Full Version : Parks and dressing up for dinner?

Efrank
04-14-2007, 11:16 PM
We'll be going to 1900 park fare on Mothers Day at 5:40 . 2 questions about this experience, #1 My dd favorite princess is Aurora, but obviously its a Cinderella meal, will Cindy be upset if dd is in a pink rather than blue dress :blush:
#2, since its mothers day MIL and I will probably dress up a little. How do you all handle the dillema of a day at the parks but needing to change? Get a locker for your clothes? Or should we try and nap the kids late and go to the parks after dinner, but still we'll have to change into more comfy clothes:confused: I'm so confused logistically, :bang: and we've got Cali Grill later in the week with the same clothing question. Oh, if only the rest of my life had these kinds of decisions to make everyday :mickey: :D

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-14-2007, 11:40 PM
Cindy won't be upset about your daughters dress. Go for it.
As for what to do about changing, I guess that would depend on what resort you are staying at. If it's too far, I'd bring a change of clothes, change at the GF after your meal and just rent a locker at the park.

AuntDJ
04-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Of all of the Princess meals I have been to, I have never seen a princess upset that a little girl was dressed as a different princess.

They usually comment on it; how beautiful they look and that Aurora (or whichever) is her friend and to tell her hello should you see her later.

I don't know about the changing part as we have never done this. However, i think it is fairly easy to rent a locker, so should you choose to go this route you should be good!

Have fun!

DJ

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Our daughter dressed as Aurora at our Akershus dinner last year and Cinderella told her how excited Aurora would be when she saw her. No hard feelings. ;)

Since Taylor was still using a stroller we just folded up her dress and put in it a bag with her shoes. We stopped at the restroom just outside the restaurant and changed her. The lockers are so far away at Epcot that we were being lazy. :blush:

This year she is wearing her Cinderella dress and I will be carrying it with us again.

Have fun!!

Mickey91
04-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Our DD usually dresses as Cindy but all the princesses comment on what a beautiful princess she is. There has never been an indication that a princesses was sad because a child liked a different one better.

As for the changing, unless you are at a monorail resort, take your clothes and rent a locker. But please note, the lockers, although generous enough in size that your stuff should fit, they are small enough that your stuff will be wrinkled. You can minimize the wrinkles with some forthought but just in case this is a problem and will make your decision for you....:iron: you will want to take it into consideration.

Have a very Happy Mother's Day!!!:mickey:

KAT1811
04-15-2007, 05:20 PM
I'd say dress up, change at the GF in the bathroom after you eat and then throw your clothes in a locker in the MK afterward. As for going to dinner at CG I would schedule a stop back at the hotel for a quick change and freshen up before dinner but that could just be my vanity speaking!!!

P.S. - See you in September! We'll be at the CS Sept. 12-23!

Kairi_7378
04-16-2007, 09:09 AM
We had 5:50 ADR's at the CA Grill, so we spent the day at the MK. We rented a locker. We changed into nice clothes in the convention bathrooms on the 2nd floor of the Contemporary. They were very roomy and no one else was in there, so it was easy to change. I also took a second set of clothes with me so that I could change into them after the meal. The nice thing about the lockers is that you can open and close them as many times as you want during the day and only pay once. They are probably roomy enough to hold 3 people's worth of clothes but I agree that you should think about taking soe outfits that are wrinkle-resistant.

Not sure about the layout of the GF but I'm sure there is a place for you to change there as well.

PS. I think one of my favorite things about Disney World was seeing all of the little girls in their different princess outfits. I can't imagine any of the Princesses being offended if you dressed up in another outfit to meet them! (I'd feel like I was wearing a uniform if I HAD to wear a certain costume to go somewhere.)