PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest thing you have ever done while at Disney

Magic Smiles
04-14-2007, 10:21 PM
My DS and I still laugh about ours - how dumb could we be.............It was late - Extra Magic Hours and the line up for Buzz Lightyear was still quite long.........so we decided that we would sit on a bench and wait for the line up to become shorter. After sitting on the bench for about 15 minutes we both thought at the same time - how dumb - we could have just been waiting in line for that 15 minutes. We were obviously very tired at that point. And yes we did go and line up then.:blush:

Victor Kelly
04-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Does going during Spring Break, Christmas, New Years, or 4th of July count as the dumbest things to do?

Cuz if so, all of the above.

d_m_n_n
04-14-2007, 11:22 PM
Let DH talk me out of sticking around for the Tapestry of Nations. Never did get the chance to see it in person...:(

MickeysBestPal
04-14-2007, 11:53 PM
Let DH talk me out of sticking around for the Tapestry of Nations. Never did get the chance to see it in person...:(

Oh no!

That's not "dumb," so much as it is TRAGIC!

I'll never forget how beautiful the ToN Parade was, or how much the CM's put into the magical interaction with all of the guests watching. The children (of any age) were mesmerized!

It was a very special parade.

gamblefamily5
04-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Staying at Pop Century in the '90's building.... VERY long way to walk and I will NEVER do it again:mickey:

TennesseeTink
04-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Not getting a stroller every single day for DD5. What were we thinking?!?! The poor girl passed out in her plate of spaghetti on our last night from pure exhaustion.

jrpersinger
04-15-2007, 10:24 AM
Going to Blizzard Beach on July 4th for 5 hours in the middle of the day to avoid the crowds.... Yeah, I guess almost every other person in FL decided that would be a great idea too! Just I topped it off because I did it with no sunscreen! I am Irish... very fair skin... Water and lots of white colors to reflect the sun on a perfectly clear day..... Needless to say, I looked like a lobster after that! :crab:

LudwigVonDrake
04-15-2007, 11:02 AM
I asked a CM when he 3:00 parade started....only kidding :funny: :razz:

My "dumb" moment was about 12 years ago. It was late at night and raining. We had just gotten off Big Thunder and walked over to see how the line was Splash Mountain. As we started walking over, we noticed NO line outside the building and about 3 or 4 cast members standing in the doorway of the barn. We started running and with the dark and rain, DIDN'T see the rope that was strung across. Thank God I saw it at the last miniute and grabbed it (and wasn't hurt) but there were 3 or 4 cast members seeing what they thought was the funniest thing in the world (literally!). It may be more embarrassing :blush: than dumb but now I take my time :mickey:

Jared
04-15-2007, 11:13 AM
I am not directly involved with this story, but this particular dumb moment during one of my family's trip.

We were staying at the Contemporary on a high floor of the tower. My brother and father was throwing a pink Spalding ball around the hallway.

Someone made an errant through, and the ball fell down the tower, all the way to the Grand Canyon Concourse.

The ball bounced off some plants, eventually hitting a table and bouncing high in the air.

When the ball finally landed, a man at the bottom casually looked up, caught the ball and put it on a nearby table.

We will never understand how that guy had any idea a ball was coming down in his direction.

darthmacho
04-15-2007, 11:25 AM
In 2003, I failed to make a call to get a table at Ohana's on the Saturday before Labor Day, thinking it would be no problem to just walk right in...:blush:

Taking a 2 year old to WDW in the blistering heat of August.

And finally, the dumbest thing I ever did at WDW...go home. :(

Victor Kelly
04-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Standing out in the open videotaping a thunderstorm at Epcot.

Getting up from a pristine spot before a parade.

Getting to a park late.

Failing to run for cover when the temp dropped 20 degrees in 5 minutes during the summer: ie; thunderstorm approaching (long long time ago).

SgtTigger
04-15-2007, 01:35 PM
My Dumbest

Calling The TTA Tommorowland Transit Authority the TTC Ticket and Transportation Center in front of a group of INTERCOTEES at an INTERCOT meet......:shake:

Oh yea they have not let me live that one down yet..... :pout:

:cop: :tigger:

Christine
04-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Going on Stitch's Great Escape. :rolleyes:

ghost999
04-15-2007, 02:18 PM
Does going during Spring Break, Christmas, New Years, or 4th of July count as the dumbest things to do?

Cuz if so, all of the above.

not saying that i have, but have you gone during memorial weekend

Boojum
04-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Mine was yelling "Where's the track?? Where's the track??" at the top of my lungs the first time I rode Peter Pan--had no idea that when the tracks run out, the ride "grabs" you from above just before you enter Wendy's bedroom. DH and several cast members were howling with laughter.

starrmomof2
04-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Last year, when we arrived at Disney we decided to go to the Studios the first day. We were so excited after checking in at WL to get our room at 10 am and finally being at the World that we went to the bus stop, saw the bus would be at stop 3 and got on the first bus that arrived without reading the marquee or realizing that more than one bus would share a stop. We rode through all the stops including Fort Wilderness, Downtown Disney, and finally Typhoon Lagoon when the driver realized everyone else had gotten off except us. When he asked where we were going, he explained the 'more than one bus at a stop' concept. Yes, it delayed us about 45 minutes getting to the Studios as he had to drop us at CS to catch a bus, but it was something we didn't forget the rest of the week and even my two DS made sure of the destination of each bus before we boarded. :blush:

Victor Kelly
04-15-2007, 03:13 PM
not saying that i have, but have you gone during memorial weekend

Yes, a very insane thing to do. I have been there literally during every holiday and every month of the year in my 32 years. Christmas and New Years Eve are the worst.

LucyintheSky
04-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Hmm, I live in Orlando, and go to the parks alot, so I've probably done many dumb things. For just over a year now, I've really only gone to Epcot, to watch the British Invasion and hang out with my friends who go for the same reason. I always sit in the same spot, by one of the lampposts up by the stage. I was sitting there one night, I think in December, when it started to rain. It wasn't a light rain, just this sudden downpour. I didn't have any umbrella or poncho with me, and I got soaked in a matter of seconds. Most people who were watching the band ran for cover, but since I was already soaked, I figured, what's the use of going in now? I might as well watch the rest of the show! A couple of my friends were sitting behind me on the bench, and they were all covered up and laughing hysterically at me. Come to think of it, the guys in the band were laughing at me, too. The one guy, who I know pretty well, kept pointing back at the shops, like 'Why don't you go in?' :silly: I'm sure everyone there thought i was nuts, but Hey! I was already wet! I was completley soaked, though, like I had gone swimming with my clothes on. And it was December, so I was pretty cold after that. BUT, the guys weren't laughing so hard when they finished their set and had to run across the courtyard carrying their guitars in that downpour! :funny:

bratmaster
04-15-2007, 04:36 PM
this is a great post! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time! I don't really have a story, unless you can count taking my kids out of school in october for the sole purpose of going when it was supposeldy going to be "low crowds", only to find october to be a pretty popular time to go!
I did have one at seaworld, though - deciding to videotape the shamu show. Note to self: never take pics. or videos at shamu show, or any other show involving water, ever again.

crazeedizneefinatic
04-15-2007, 06:42 PM
I don't have one particular thing to share but a few things I can remember are:
1) Disney in the middle of July, never again!
2) Always loading up the handle of the stroller with bags and things that every time my son gets up from the stoller it tips over (we never learn!)
3) My husband panicing on Soarin' the first time we rode it. He is petrified of heights but decided to go on (not sure why, that in itself is dumb). We "lucked out" and got the first row. When we started to go up he was so scared. He grabbed the hand of the guy next to him! Wish I could have seen the mans face!
I know there has to be more "dumb" moments just need some time to think!

One last one: A few years back, I know it was May. We were in Epcot when a horrible storm was heading our way. The sky was completly black! Thinking we would beat the rush we headed for the Monorail. It was still running at the time. We were the only ones in our particular car (gee I wonder why?). All the sudden the monorail stopped and the lights and sound went out. The doors of the Monorail were literally rattling from the wind. I am deathly afraid of thunderstorms and tornados so this was awful! Finally the Monorail started again and once we stopped at the station a CM was yelling to get out from under the staion roof. We were forced out into the open. THe hail was amazing! I can remember how much it hurt! There was a very very small gift shop right before the parking lot. It was already jammed with people. The CM told us that a tornado was spotted on I-4 and try and find cover, where I don't know so we went and ran twords the shop. I can remember the water was so high. The rain was coming down so hard. The storm did pass eventually and we never got hit straight on with the tornado but boy that was that the dumbest thing we ever did! We should have stayed put in Epcot!

Victor Kelly
04-15-2007, 06:52 PM
I have heard this before, and it is not a lie or made up.

Lady to CM, "excuse me sir what time does the 3pm parade start?"

CM all the while smiling, "That parade starts at 4pm ma'am"

Lady to Husband "see I told you that is when it starts".

You know, it is the simple things in life I treasure.:thumbsup: :thedolls:

Kairi_7378
04-15-2007, 09:29 PM
1.) Letting DH talk me into getting on Dumbo (we're 28!) :blush:
2.) Getting a fast pass for Stitch. Couldn't give it away and couldn't get another FP for an hour!

Here we go again...
04-15-2007, 11:45 PM
My Dumbest

Calling The TTA Tommorowland Transit Authority the TTC Ticket and Transportation Center in front of a group of INTERCOTEES at an INTERCOT meet......:shake:

Oh yea they have not let me live that one down yet..... :pout:

Yep, that was funny! I heard it and I will NEVER let you live it down.
Mine was renting an EVC and meeting up with SgtTigger... he tormented me for hours. Even tried to kill me once by turning the key off while I was going full blast... and let my poor little sweet DD get the blame.

The dumbest thing... going to DW for the 1st time in 2001 and did not know anything about Disney, I thought it was 1 park. :blush:
I met a wonderful lady on the plane that tought me Disney 101 on the way to Orlando. I was a fast learner and we had a great time.

DisneyDudet
04-16-2007, 01:51 AM
Biggest Disney Mistake...

Well, it was June 2005 and my parents and BF at the time (:thedolls: ) went for 9 days. His parents decided to come and stay at CR, we were at WL. So it was an MK pm EMH and his family wanted to stay and so did I, so we all kinda hung together and did a few things. Finally, we decided to go to CR for a while. We hung out in their room and checked out the pool and everything. Well, we needed to get back to our hotel, so we hopped the monorail. It should have been a big indicator to us that they weren't running them anymore when the CM said, "You got the last ones?" to the express monorail at the MK station. Well, the operator was nice enough to take us to the TTC where we could catch a bus back to WL. Well, they never really made it known that the TTC was not really living up to its name any longer. We sat around and didn't know what to do. Finally, we tell a CM what our problem was, and he said that he was getting a bus together of all the stranded people. Mind you, this is around 3am.

We weren't the only ones stranded at the TTC. There was a group of women headed to POP, apparently they got on the wrong bus, then on another wrong bus, and they ended up at the TTC. Another group, a little girl and her mom, had parked their car at MGM, and there was no bus back. Luckily, they dropped us off first. If I had realized it was that far, I would have walked.

So yeah, the TTC is pretty much worthless unless you are going to other parks, DTD, SoG, or the monorail resorts.

But hey, they won't leave you stranded!

Mickey 101
04-16-2007, 02:33 AM
Not realizing there were AP rates for resorts on our first couple trips.

Staying off-site.

There are probably more, but Intercot has helped me to learn so much about WDW that they aren't as frequent as they used to be.

xipetotec
04-16-2007, 10:25 AM
It's funny cause this pertains exactly to the same story I just posted in the "Most generous thing a CM has done for you" thread.

Dumbest thing I've ever done. After MNSSHP, past midnight, wanting to take the ferry accross at night despite OUR bus being at the regular bus area. Figuring ( for some reason ) that there would be busses to our resort at the TTC and ending up stranded there if not for the generosity of an off-duty driver. :blush:

phillydan
04-16-2007, 11:16 AM
First trip to MK - sat directly in front of the castle for Wishes. We couldn't believe we had the "good luck" to get such an "awesome" spot.
:(

P.S. If you have the chance, do Wishes from behind the castle; my kids were on Dumbo when it started and they still talk about it.

Dicecatt262
04-16-2007, 11:31 AM
My dumbest things were:

Ever staying offsite

Going to MK on a Spectro night when only one or two are offered that week

Sitting on Main Street for Wishes. Of course that was also that Spectro night I mentioned above...just hellish...from now on we watch from the Poly or get a cruise...seriously that is how traumatized I was.

Touring a park from open to close with no breaks.

CraniumCommando
04-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Great stories!
It's nice to know that I'm not the only "Disney Expert" to do something crazy.

Here's my sad story. My second visit to Disney was just me and my younger sister. After watching Illuminations one night from the American pavillion, we started the long walk back to the buses through the crowds. That's when I got this bright idea. The buses are to the left as you exit, and so is the International Gateway. I figured we could duck out there, avoid the crowd, and hit the bus stops from the other side. :D Fortunately, after discovering what a bad idea that was, they let us back into the park to rejoin the crowd going the correct way.

And now I've thought of something I did that was even worse. My sister, who was 16 at the time, loves Winnie the Pooh. We ran into Pooh by the WDW Railroad stop in Toontown. Nobody else was around, and she walked and talked and hugged on Pooh for several minutes while I took pictures. It was only later that I discovered I hadn't loaded the film into the camera properly, so none of the pictures were actually taken. I don't think she's forgiven me yet, 14 years later. :(

Niecyboo
04-16-2007, 01:23 PM
I really have to start mine by explaining this happened after a 2 1/2 days of driving. I was so tired and we'd just pulled into WDW. We were spending our first evening resort hopping, and we had just finished the Contemporary and were going to jump the Monorail over to the Grand Floridian since we'd never been there.

We saw the monorail coming and my family takes off running to catch it. Suddenly I had a (stupid) thought and yelled out after them "Make sure you're getting on the resort monorail, not the express!!!" :blush: I saw the CM look at me with this wierd look. He probably thought "Good luck with that."

PirateLover
04-16-2007, 02:03 PM
1.) Letting DH talk me into getting on Dumbo (we're 28!) :blush:

Sorry, but that is neither dumb nor something to be embarrassed of! My bf and I are in our 20s as well and we still run to Dumbo first thing in the morning. :dumbo:

I think the dumbest thing I ever did happened when I was 9. It was our first trip and my brother (13 at the time) and I were having our own hoop de do revue every night in the room. My parents were yelling at me and I got so upset that I ran away. I just kept walking and next thing I know I'm in a parking lot, and have no clue where I am. I asked 3 different people how to get to Captain Cook's because I knew that I could get back to the room from there, and would you believe it, NOBODY could help me! There wasn't a cm in sight... then it started to downpour! Oh and did I mention this was about 10pm....We were staying in Oahu (now Tokelau) and at this point I was wandering over by the arcade, hysterically crying. Eventually I found a sign and made my way back but I sure did learn my lesson!

BMan62
04-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Here's my sad story. My second visit to Disney was just me and my younger sister. After watching Illuminations one night from the American pavillion, we started the long walk back to the buses through the crowds. That's when I got this bright idea. The buses are to the left as you exit, and so is the International Gateway. I figured we could duck out there, avoid the crowd, and hit the bus stops from the other side. :D Fortunately, after discovering what a bad idea that was, they let us back into the park to rejoin the crowd going the correct way.

At least you caught yourself and got back through the park! On our first trip DW and I ended up spending a couple hours on the Boardwalk before finally tracking down a CM to find out how we could get to DTD so we could get back to our resort.

Second trip - waiting in the queue for the bus to Animal Kingdom for 15 minutes before realizing that it was already after park close that day! We were going to hop from AK to AKL for dinner at Boma. Luckily, we made a good connection and were on time for our ADR.

LauraleeH
04-16-2007, 02:47 PM
It was almost closing time at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and we got a cup of our free hot chocolate, but it was barely lukewarm. My mom grabbed another cup for me from a different place, and not wanting to waste my cool hot chocolate, I drank it quickly with big sips. After it was gone, I took another really big sip, but this time from the new hot chocolate. It was the hottest thing I have ever put into my mouth. I spit it out all over the Magic Kingdom in front of Cast Members, who just gave me weird looks and laughed as I wiped the tears from my eyes. It was definitely one of my dumbest moments.

CU Tiger
04-16-2007, 05:04 PM
I will submit one for my DW. 12 of us went to Epcot and she left one park ticket (mine) on the counter in our room :mad: . To prevent everyone from waiting, I just bought a single day ticket, at much more than I purchased the ticket that was sitting on the counter. I am kind of cheap and do not like to waste money. :humph:

Golf Grumpy
04-16-2007, 05:56 PM
I would say drinking around the world on an empty stomach.. :D

BigRedDad
04-16-2007, 07:57 PM
This is two from the Haunted Mansion

#1 I was the first person to get their head stuck in the railing as you walk to get into the entrance of the HM.

#2 Probably not dumb, but funny none the less. My wife and I were honeymooning. It was an E-Ride night. We were watching the fireworks from behind the castle and got right into the HM. After the "growing" room, we were walking through the chain walkways. I was about a whole row ahead of my wife and there were a few other ladies right behind her. The CM was just standing on the conveyor belt moving towards my wife. He lunged and yelled as she was walking by. My wife and the other ladies behind almost wet themselves they were so frightened. :thedolls:

LizLovesDiz
04-17-2007, 11:35 AM
I was trying to get a picture of my DD under the AK sign,so i kept backing up and fell right into a bush !:dizzy:

CM~Mserrano
04-18-2007, 04:35 PM
as much as this one isn't about me, it was still hilarious, and a little gross. A friend of mine had gone to the eggroll cart at MK one day and after finishing her eggroll went to the trash can to throw away the wrapper. Her and some of my other friends were talking there when she decided to kind of lean on that trash can. Conversation finished, they walked to when the trashcan leaner noticed there was some duck sauce on her arm and nonchalantly licked it off thinking she spilled some on her... then realized she never used any on her eggroll. It had come off the trashcan... Always fun times at Disney!

magicman
04-18-2007, 06:19 PM
as much as this one isn't about me, it was still hilarious, and a little gross. A friend of mine had gone to the eggroll cart at MK one day and after finishing her eggroll went to the trash can to throw away the wrapper. Her and some of my other friends were talking there when she decided to kind of lean on that trash can. Conversation finished, they walked to when the trashcan leaner noticed there was some duck sauce on her arm and nonchalantly licked it off thinking she spilled some on her... then realized she never used any on her eggroll. It had come off the trashcan... Always fun times at Disney!

Welcome to INTERCOT.

THAT is a great story.:laughing: :clappy:

dumbo ears
04-18-2007, 06:42 PM
i think the dumbest thing i ever did was wait in line for almost an hour for the barnstormer.

SgtTigger
04-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Mine was renting an EVC and meeting up with SgtTigger... he tormented me for hours. Even tried to kill me once by turning the key off while I was going full blast... and let my poor little sweet DD get the blame.

Who's idea was it to meet up with me?????????
:funny:

Texas Tinkerbell Too
05-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Last September, on our last evening at WDW, my DH and 2 DS wanted to ride Mission Space before we left. I decided I would go to France for some pastries. As I was walking back to meet my family at MS...a terrible thunderstorm came. I did not have my cell phone with me and I was worried if I stopped to "wait the storm out" then I would not catch up with my family. So, I walked through the monsoon with lightening all around me. I was soaking wet. My family laughed so hard when I told them I had saved the pastries from getting wet. (I am so glad I asked for a bag to put the box of pastries in.)

Rella
05-19-2008, 08:29 PM
We went to WDw during free dining two years ago without knowing it was free dining...(just found that out after discovering Intercot). We couldn't figure out why all of the restaurants were packed!!:oops::shake:

Aggie97
05-19-2008, 09:42 PM
One time I rode Splash Mountain while wearing a white cotton blouse. The water cannons hit us, and I was soaked to the skin, which unfortunately everyone could see quite nicely through my shirt. :mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
05-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Ok, let me just say that I share this story with shame....however, let me begin by telling you that this story happened in my late teenage "too cool for the world" days.

Anyhow, I used to be a CM at DL and every summer they had a softball league for the CMs. Our department had a team and after every game we had a habit of going out for pizza and beer.

Well, at pizza (and beer...beer being the key ingredient/cause for this story), we decided that we wanted to go ride StarTours. So we drove back to the park, signed ourselved in to the park and headed for StarTours. We had each had more to drink than we should have (especially since we were driving).

Anyhow, when we got on StarTours instead of putting on my seatbelt correctly, I put the seatbelt behind my back. Once the attraction started I got up and was walking around the cabin. (Re-living this makes me realize what an idiot I was). The ride operator could clearly see what I was doing because there are video cameras and monitors for the CM who is operating the attraction. He shut down the attraction and they pulled me out. They called the head of security as I sat there fearing the loss of my job!!

After talking to the supervisor and doing some smooth talking, I got myself out of there before the head of security showed up which was a good thing because he would have known me since a lot of the projects I worked on while at the park I had to deal with the security department.

So, I got very luckly, but I also learned a very smart lesson. I was minutes away from being thrown out of the park and possibly losing my job. Lesson, do not go to your place of employment when under the influence!!!:blush:

KineGirl
05-19-2008, 10:58 PM
LOL all y'all are crazy! :crazy:

I have a couple but this one is my favorite from last summer..

It was our first day in the World and it had already been a long long day after having taken a last minute 1 am flight and then doing DHS all day. We had just finished up a little shopping at Youse Guys Moichendise and that store always leads us to "talk funny". It was time for our Fantasmic ADR at Mama Melroses & those who are familiar with Mamas, know that they have that rack/stand in there lobby area with wine bottles and such on it. Well.. my Dad couldnt read the label on one of the bottles because he didnt have his glasses on him. So I read it - "Im A Genie." Made sense to me - the whole genie/bottle correlation. My Dad says "what??" And takes a close squinty look at it and says "How about try - IMAGINE" LOL omg I was soo tired and all those Streets of America had gotten to my head... I was just reading it with an accent ...so I thought! We laaaaaaaaughhhhed all thru dinner til we cried. Couldnt stop. Everybody in the restaurant kept looking at us like they wanted some of whatever we were smoking. To this day we can look at each other and say Im A Genie and start rolling :funny:

Of course then there was the time we were at AK for the first time. I love nature so I was so excited to see the all the animals. We were on one of the trails and I saw those adorable little dark eyed creatures - Meerkats. Well somehow I read it wrong and literally shouted "LOOK AT THE MEEKRATS! LOOK AT THE MEEKRATS" in a room full of ppl. :blush: I knew in my head it sounded wrong but I trusted my eyes (that'll learn me) and blurted it out. My Mom, Dad and DD all started busting on me and then everyone was laughing at me :haha: I took it in stride but Ill never be able to live it down.

cal5755
05-20-2008, 12:24 AM
I love this thread!! All these posts have me laughing!!

Really the dumbest thing I can think of is forgetting a suitcase in the car at the airport back in MASS. it had my mom and my sneakers in it and we had to walk around all week in our DR Scholl's flip flops.... sure our heals were padded..but the blisters between our toes and on the tops of our feet... well OUCH is all I can say lol.

DisneyWizard
05-20-2008, 10:57 AM
I got married in Germany...:-o

ncscgirl2005
05-20-2008, 11:51 AM
And finally, the dumbest thing I ever did at WDW...go home. :(

Glad to see I'm not the only one!

Finiamh
05-20-2008, 11:57 AM
Leaving about $900 in souveniers(sp?) behind at Wolfgang Puck Express. Yep, we just walked away and left all the bags there. Took about 3 minutes to realize it and run back. The CM's won me over that day, they tucked the bags behind the counter and handed them back with a smile after a brief description of contents.

SoaringEpcot
05-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Well this happend on our last trip which was just for the weekend.

We were staying at Fort Wilderness but wanted to go visit some family staying at CBR. We took a boat from Fort Wilderness to MK, then a bus from MK to CBR. That was not problem, we made the trip in about 30 mins.

When we left CBR it was about 9:15 pm. The rest of my family wanted to go back the way we came from, but the first bus that came by was for Epcot. So I suggested taking that bus, then switching to Monorail to go to the TTC. The problem was I had forgotten that Epcot closed at 9:00 pm and when we got there every bus stop was crowed with 200 to 300 people, and the monorail line was way long too. We ended up waiting in line for about 45 minutes for a bus to get back to Fort Wilderness.

Luckly my family do not give me a hard time about it, in fact I had forgotten about it until I read this thread.

smartinez1
05-20-2008, 12:58 PM
First off let me start off by saying that I have the worst luck ever. Seriously, no lie. If I am in a group of people, and something is going to happen to one of them, it's gonna be me. Anyway, we went down to Disney in September 2006. I wore flip flops on the plane and packed my sneakers in my suitcase. Well they lost my luggage. I was kind of lucky, because the first day, we were going to hang at the pool and then go to DTD. Well, I walked around DTD, 90 degree heat, 100% humidity in flip flops, that ended up rubbing the balls of my feet so bad that I ended up with half dollar sized blisters on them. It made walking agony for the next 3 days. I mean seriously, I wear flip flops all the time, this had never happened before! yet, the only time I am in Disney and you have to walk walk walk, this happens. It really did put a damper on the trip! Good news is that they did find my luggage and it was waiting for me in my hotel room when I got back there after DTD. Of course they couldn't have gotten it to me 3 hours earlier, so I could have changed into sneakers before heading to DTD. Figures.

bruin1344
05-20-2008, 01:14 PM
trying to sneak into MK when me and my cousins forget to bring our tix, they did nothing to us because it was actually disney's fault for not telling us our options if we forgot to bring tix

Gator
05-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Not using Magical Express. After taking the shuttle to our resort CS, we had to lug all our luggage to our room on the other side. That was awful. From now on, I'll always let someone do the work for me.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-20-2008, 01:51 PM
I went to get drinks in the POP food court, and when I went back to the room, instead of going to building C, I went to building A. Then I realized I forgot my room number. I spend a good time searching and trying to think of which one it was, until it finally dawned on me that I was in the wrong building. :blush:

Chris :hatter:

Jforrest2
05-20-2008, 03:15 PM
I love this thread!! All these posts have me laughing!!

Really the dumbest thing I can think of is forgetting a suitcase in the car at the airport back in MASS. it had my mom and my sneakers in it and we had to walk around all week in our DR Scholl's flip flops.... sure our heals were padded..but the blisters between our toes and on the tops of our feet... well OUCH is all I can say lol.

Having your mom in your suitcase...now that's embarrasing! :cool:

mitchsfan
05-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks Jforrest2.....I was sitting here wondering if anybody was going to take that joke.

I wonder if I can pack my wife and send her somewhere?

KineGirl
05-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks Jforrest2.....I was sitting here wondering if anybody was going to take that joke.

I wonder if I can pack my wife and send her somewhere?

LOL BOOOOoooo

I wonder if she asks the same question about you ;)

Gottaluvgoof
05-20-2008, 03:53 PM
Ok, this was pretty dumb, but at the time, we didn't know better. It was our last day and we had some time to kill before we had to catch the Magical Express. I am a huge football fan, and being a Sunday, we decided to go to ESPN to watch the games. We had an awesome time, and when it was over, remembered hearing that you could take a boat to Epcot. We figured we would take the boat, then catch a bus back to our resort. Well, when we arrived at Epcot, we were at the Showcase entrance, and needed to be at the main entrance. AAAHHH!!! Thank God, we had one day left on our passes, so we used it to enter, then ran to the main entrance, and because we were running so late, caught a cab to the resort. We just made it in time for our ME. :oops: Never will that happen again! :( We laugh about it now, but we sure were scurrying to make that bus.

joonyer
05-20-2008, 06:10 PM
On our first family trip in 2002, we drove down and after arriving I discovered I had left my good walking shoes at home. And I had just bought them a couple of weeks before especially for our WDW visit. I had to drive over to the outlets off I-4 and buy another pair, wasting about 1/2 a day. Well DW and both DS went to a park while I was gone, so I missed out anyway.

On another trip, I forgot our video camera batteries, which were on the charger still at home. Had to find a BestBuy in Orlando to find batteries that would fit the camera and get a charger.

But the absolute dumbest thing I ever did at WDW was realizing while we were on our resort bus heading to MK to enjoy the early morning EMH that I had left all our park passes back in our room in my shoulder bag. I had to tell the bus driver that we just wanted to ride round trip, since there was no point getting off at MK. My family has never forgiven me for that bonehead mistake. Now, every time we leave the room, they shout, "where are our passes?" My DW usually has them now. They don't trust me anymore.

DISFREAKS
05-20-2008, 08:34 PM
1st time ever driving into MK I went the wrong way and wound up lost in one of the CM parking lots. That was almost 20 yrs ago and I still get reminded about it.:blush:

cal5755
05-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Having your mom in your suitcase...now that's embarrasing! :cool:

HAHAHAHA :blush::funny:

Thanks for pointing that out... I can add that as my dumbest statement on Intercot... you are too much like my DH he would have read it that way too lol!!

elmjimmlm
05-20-2008, 09:22 PM
How about walking with your family and they stop while you still go, talking and grabbing the arm of a perfect stanger...This didnt happen to me once, but twice during the same day to different people...But the worst is having your family standing and laughing at it...:blush:

Dakota Rose
05-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Having a meltdown in MK on the 3rd night of our trip. It was the week of Columbus day and the parks were much busier than I'd expected. My parents and DH kept asking me "what do you want to do next?" I was in an absolute funk b/c I'd missed Spectromagic on top of it. And my mom suggested we go see Philharmagic. At that point, I completely lost it like a tired 2-year-old, started crying. I would have thrown myself to the ground to kick and scream too, but it was too crowded. :blush:

jrkcr
05-21-2008, 12:56 PM
LOL all y'all are crazy! :crazy:

Of course then there was the time we were at AK for the first time. I love nature so I was so excited to see the all the animals. We were on one of the trails and I saw those adorable little dark eyed creatures - Meerkats. Well somehow I read it wrong and literally shouted "LOOK AT THE MEEKRATS! LOOK AT THE MEEKRATS" in a room full of ppl. :blush: I knew in my head it sounded wrong but I trusted my eyes (that'll learn me) and blurted it out. My Mom, Dad and DD all started busting on me and then everyone was laughing at me :haha: I took it in stride but Ill never be able to live it down.

Ohhhh...I'm crying!! MEEKRATS?? :haha: HAHAHA Sounds like something I'd say....
:rotfl:
This was not AT disney, but on the road trip TO disney...we were traveling with another family in a big van. Somewhere in Florida, my dad pulled over at a restaurant we'd never heard of, and it was my job to jump out, go read the menu located at the entrance of the restaurant, and come back to report what type of food they had. I came back, threw open the van door, and yelled "They have frog tails and alligator legs!" My parents STILL ask-20 years later- if I've ever had frog tails...:funny:

LovinWDW
05-21-2008, 01:41 PM
I once forgot our park tickets in the room at SSR and realized it as we were walking into the MK. I spent the next hour getting the bus back to the resort and then back to the MK again. My wife and then 4 year old were not happy. They had to sit in front of the MK, outside the gates and watch thousands of guests enter. I always double check for the tickets now. :blush:

pink
05-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Mine was yelling "Where's the track?? Where's the track??" at the top of my lungs the first time I rode Peter Pan--had no idea that when the tracks run out, the ride "grabs" you from above just before you enter Wendy's bedroom. DH and several cast members were howling with laughter.

Haha, this is a great thread. :mickey:

KineGirl
05-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Ohhhh...I'm crying!! MEEKRATS?? :haha: HAHAHA Sounds like something I'd say....
:rotfl:
This was not AT disney, but on the road trip TO disney...we were traveling with another family in a big van. Somewhere in Florida, my dad pulled over at a restaurant we'd never heard of, and it was my job to jump out, go read the menu located at the entrance of the restaurant, and come back to report what type of food they had. I came back, threw open the van door, and yelled "They have frog tails and alligator legs!" My parents STILL ask-20 years later- if I've ever had frog tails...:funny:

:haha: and you were laughing at ME??! Thats hilarious... frog tails. :haha: Cute!Reminds me of a time when I was a kid and we passed some horses and my Mom asked us if we saw those cows. :funny:

Narawen
05-21-2008, 08:25 PM
One our first day we normally resort hop and use our own car instead of the WDW transportatin so we don't have to keep going to a central hub. There's one place (I think near the MK or MK hotels) there the sign says turn left/right whatever to go to a park or hotel (sorry, can't remember where it says it's pointing you). We followed it and were surprised to see non-Disney road signs telling use we were back on the regular interstate.

If that's not stupid enough, we did it again 15 mins later at the same sign.

LibertyTreeGal
05-21-2008, 08:36 PM
At Epcot I turned my back on my four year old son who needed to pee really badly......

He annointed the nearest topiary :blush:

Dakota Rose
05-22-2008, 12:09 AM
At Epcot I turned my back on my four year old son who needed to pee really badly......

He annointed the nearest topiary :blush:

:rotfl::funny: Oh that's hilarious! My 4-y-o son just did this at the park 2 weeks ago. I was mortified!

beksy
05-22-2008, 01:11 AM
OMG, I think this is one of the best threads I've ever read (and I'm having a hard night so all the laughing is doing wonders for me...I can always depend on Intercot!). I'm sure that I had plenty when I way younger, but I can think of several just from the last trip. Let me just say that I have the worst sense of direction in the world but had studied the routes and maps until I had them memorized since it was our first time using Disney transportation. Of course this meant that I also spent a lot of time bragging to my sister about how I knew how to get everywhere and WOULD NOT get lost! Well I did pretty good the first half of the trip. Then the screw-ups began. I decided to take one of my famous "short-cuts" in DTD to get to the bus stop and we cut through the parking lot. I think we walked around most of the perimeter before finding buses! Then I was going to take another short cut to get to Epcot from DTD. This involved going through the Swan, Dolphin, Boardwalk and a lot of hassle because I, of course, refused to admit I was lost! Staying at CBR I rode the internal bus around the entire resort first thing in the morning on 3 mornings before realizing the bus isn't leaving the resort (shocker!). The bus driver cracked up at me. The absolute worst thing I did, though, was when we went to check-in for our flight at the lobby. I didn't take any ID, just our park tickets! We wasted 2 hours on our last day going there, standing in line for no reason, hoping the internal bus (again) back to our room for the ID, then going back to check in on the internal bus (3rd time that morning), standing in line again to get our passes, hopping the internal bus (4th time) back to our room to get our carry-ons which for some stupid reason I didn't take either time, going back to the internal bus (5th time) to leave our carry-ons, getting the internal bus again (6th time) and going to a village to catch a MK bus. My sister laughed the entire time, especially since the internal bus driver was always the same and we were the only ones on the bus each time! Finally he just looked at me and asked if I needed some help but I told him I was "sight-seeing."

KineGirl
05-22-2008, 01:17 AM
One our first day we normally resort hop and use our own car instead of the WDW transportatin so we don't have to keep going to a central hub. There's one place (I think near the MK or MK hotels) there the sign says turn left/right whatever to go to a park or hotel (sorry, can't remember where it says it's pointing you). We followed it and were surprised to see non-Disney road signs telling use we were back on the regular interstate.

If that's not stupid enough, we did it again 15 mins later at the same sign.

Craig? Is that you??

(thats my hubby) LOL

Thats SO something he would and HAS done. One time he passed the same restaurant we were trying to go to 4 times. :rolleyes:

... My sister laughed the entire time, especially since the internal bus driver was always the same and we were the only ones on the bus each time! Finally he just looked at me and asked if I needed some help but I told him I was "sight-seeing."

oh boy :haha:

AHOTE
05-22-2008, 01:27 AM
How about walking with your family and they stop while you still go, talking and grabbing the arm of a perfect stanger...This didnt happen to me once, but twice during the same day to different people...But the worst is having your family standing and laughing at it...:blush:

:hi: Gee, so you were the one I was walking with. :D
I had a lady grab me by the arm and walk me about ten steps before she realized I wasn't her husband. She was embarrassed :blush: and her husband couldn't stop laughing at her. :funny: It sure made my day.

Jforrest2
05-22-2008, 09:05 AM
HAHAHAHA :blush::funny:

Thanks for pointing that out... I can add that as my dumbest statement on Intercot... you are too much like my DH he would have read it that way too lol!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm just glad that no one has taken the time to point out my typing mistakes!

I see from your signature that you will be down there the same week in September that we are going. It's going to be a looooong summer of waiting :rolleyes:

KylesMom
05-22-2008, 11:17 AM
We arrived at WL for the first time in 2006 and after checking in & getting our luggage to the room, our goal was to immediately head over to MK for a ride on Space Mountain. I was so in awe of the resort that I left my picture ID in the room when we headed over to MK. Well, I needed it to exchange my A/P voucher for the actual pass, so guess who got to take a round-trip boat tour of Bay Lake to get her ID???!!! :( I had DH and DS go into the park without me - talk about feeling like an airbrain!!!

BMan62
05-22-2008, 01:08 PM

You mean they never had dyslexia of the tongue? (Or as I normally say it - lysdexia.)

My dumbest thing happened not once, but twice (and almost a third time) on the same trip -- We had ADR's one night at Boma for 7pm. i thought, "Hm, Animal Kingdom is the closest park to AKL, so let's get on that bus and transfer there." So we got in the bus line and waited...and waited...and waited. After about 15 minutes, it finally hit me -- Animal Kingdom closes at 5pm!! Two nights later we had ADR's at Jiko. Guess what...I did it again! This time it only took about 5 minutes before I put my brain back in my head and realized the mistake. But, on our last night, we wanted to go back over to AKL to walk the savanna trails. I started to lead us into the AK line, but stopped myself in time! (That'll teach them to let me lead the way!!!!:D)

KevMcNJ
05-22-2008, 10:50 PM
This was 1991-ish...

I bought embroidered Mickey Mouse ears for my friend Patti ( do they still sew personal names on the back of the ears?)

while I was staying @ WDW with my GF susie

I really really REALLY thought I had the ears hidden well enough in my suit case so Susie didnt find Pattis ears.

Oh well ...I havent spoken to Susie OR patti in years

Live and learn

Also same trip I drank so much at Pleasure Island one night that
I passed out on the bus back to our resort.

I was a bit of a nit wit around 1991

Noah's Helper
05-22-2008, 11:55 PM
Riding Splash Mountain...

during Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party...

wearing black face paint...

water-based face paint. :blush:

EDIT to add: My second mistake was not getting a picture afterwards!

meldan98
05-23-2008, 07:26 PM
I have two...one at WDW and the other at DL

We went to WDW in December and I am normally a planner. I plan which parks we go to, all the places we will eat, what we will do at the parks, etc. My family always gives me such a hard time about it, I decided, I would cut back on the planning. I picked which park we would go to and then picked one ADR for each day and that was it. I figured we could save time and money by eating as we went and just picking places that looked good at the moment. HUGE MISTAKE. Then entire trip my family complained, "Where are we eating next", "What ride are we going on next", "It's 2:30 and we haven't eaten lunch, yet, how come" :mad: Never again will I go and try and be spontaneous.

During the 50 year celebration at DL, we went to DL twice. The first time we went that year was in March. The parks weren't too busy and the weather was great, up until the last night. We had heard on the weather report the morning we left the hotel that there could be possible showers, so we made sure to grab our DD's stroller cover. We went to the Gallery above pirates :( and found a beautiful park map that was something I had to have. It was about 4 feet tall in it's cardboard tube and the tube itself was about 6 inches in diameter. We had them deliver it to the front of the gate so we didn't have to pack it around. We were finishing up our last day at the parks and we always hit Tomorrowland last. We came out of Star Trader and noticed it started to sprinkle, so we covered up the stroller and walked quickly to the entrance. By the time we hit Main Street it was pouring buckets of rain. We then ran down Main Street to get to the main gate. My dh and I just looked at each other and we remembered the tube. We went to the counter to get the tube and asked them, do you have a big enough bag for us to carry this in. The CM looked at us and laughed. She then took it back to the storage and put as much tape as she possibly could to make the darn thing as waterproof as possible. We then had to run all the way through DTD, then all the way to the parking garage. By the time we got to the parking garage, my dd was sound asleep in her stroller, as dry as she cuold be and my dh and I looked at each other and we both looked like we had jumped into the pool with all of our clothes on. We were literally soaked through to our undies. My next comment to my dh was, why didn't we bother getting ponchos??? Thankfully, the poster made it home nice and dry too.

KineGirl
05-23-2008, 07:40 PM
This was 1991-ish...

I bought embroidered Mickey Mouse ears for my friend Patti ( do they still sew personal names on the back of the ears?)

while I was staying @ WDW with my GF susie

I really really REALLY thought I had the ears hidden well enough in my suit case so Susie didnt find Pattis ears.

Oh well ...I havent spoken to Susie OR patti in years

Live and learn

Also same trip I drank so much at Pleasure Island one night that
I passed out on the bus back to our resort.

I was a bit of a nit wit around 1991

:haha: oh boy..

:hi:Dont tell me that was you with me at the PI nightly New Years Eve Party making fools of ourselves :blush: If it was though we sure had fun and I dont talk to Steve anymore either LOL!!! I think I remember I told the bartender I could hang and to hook it up!!! (as if any disney bartender is light handed!) I spent the next day :sick: But it was SO fun!!! :number1:

Its hard to believe that was over 15 years ago!! oh my...

Tinkermom07
05-23-2008, 08:21 PM
OK, I'm in a good mood and willing to totally embarrass myself....

We were in AK, and I was having a grand old time filming my DD walking into railings and laughing so hard I had to go tinkle REALLY bad. I ran to the restroom, and did my business and came back out to the kids. The camcorder was on it's strap around my neck, and y'know how the lens cap is attached to the camera with a string? Well, I grabbed the camera up really fast to catch something going on, and I painfully found out that after I had buttoned my shorts (evidently with the lenscap dangling against my stomach), the lenscap came out the fly, and I zipped up the shorts...

Yeah, I yelled (boy did that one hurt, let me tell you, I SNATCHED that camera up FAST!!), I was mortified because we were between Primevil Whirl and Triceratops Spin, everyone was looking, and I'm standing there with a lens cap stuck in my fly!

The worst thing...the kids had seen it and didn't tell me!!!!

KineGirl
05-23-2008, 10:04 PM
OK, I'm in a good mood and willing to totally embarrass myself....

We were in AK, and I was having a grand old time filming my DD walking into railings and laughing so hard I had to go tinkle REALLY bad. I ran to the restroom, and did my business and came back out to the kids. The camcorder was on it's strap around my neck, and y'know how the lens cap is attached to the camera with a string? Well, I grabbed the camera up really fast to catch something going on, and I painfully found out that after I had buttoned my shorts (evidently with the lenscap dangling against my stomach), the lenscap came out the fly, and I zipped up the shorts...

Yeah, I yelled (boy did that one hurt, let me tell you, I SNATCHED that camera up FAST!!), I was mortified because we were between Primevil Whirl and Triceratops Spin, everyone was looking, and I'm standing there with a lens cap stuck in my fly!

The worst thing...the kids had seen it and didn't tell me!!!!

:funny::rotfl::laughing::silly:

soooooooo funny!!! :haha:

this thread is too much!!

DisneyAndRedSox
05-23-2008, 11:03 PM
Summer 2003 I went with 2 friends. Flew in on a Saturday morning and went straight to Epcot to discover that they were doing previews of Mission Space and giving Fast Passes, good in about 1 hour. So we went to Mexio and loaded up on Margaritas and nachos (had no lunch since we just flew in). Got a little tipsy, well a lot tipsy then went on Mission Space. Now, this was before they made the ride less intense. Well, from what I hear the tamed it down a few times since we rode on it. We got off the ride absolutely sick, and just sat on a bench for at least 1/2 hour. Finally went to the free soda station and looked for ginger ale and found some. We all had a good belch and then went wine tasting around Epcot!

Don't ride a vomit comet after nachos and margaritas!

Disneydol
05-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Having a meltdown in MK on the 3rd night of our trip. It was the week of Columbus day and the parks were much busier than I'd expected. My parents and DH kept asking me "what do you want to do next?" I was in an absolute funk b/c I'd missed Spectromagic on top of it. And my mom suggested we go see Philharmagic. At that point, I completely lost it like a tired 2-year-old, started crying. I would have thrown myself to the ground to kick and scream too, but it was too crowded. :blush:

I did something similar, so don't feel bad. ;-)
One trip my DH thought it would be a good idea to head out of MK before the fireworks and miss the crowds. (Pre-Wishes days) I reluctantly followed.

We ended up waiting on the plaform and the fireworks started while we waited for the next monorail to arrive. I cried like a baby. I mean I BOO-HOO'D like a child. I was so tired, and upset. (And 35 years old!)

Needless to say - I always stay for the fireworks, even if the rest of the family leaves. I can find my way back.

Another stupid thing was my DH allowing my then 6 year old son to play fully clothed in the splash area near Test Track while I was in the bathroom. In November. Soaked to the bone, shoes and all. "Dad said I could!" We still quote that.

pook@wdw
05-24-2008, 05:20 PM
I would have to say that sleeping in would be the dumbest thing for me personally. But, on a scarier/dumber note, back in '80, DH and I walking back to the Golf Resort (how long ago was that?), from the Poly after a night of "festivities", and we were too late for the buses, and noticed several cages strewn along the grounds leading up to the front entrance. Being from KY, we are familiar w/critter traps, and didn't give them much thought, until the CM @ the front desk (scolding us severely for walking back) informed us that they were gator traps...WOW!!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-24-2008, 08:20 PM
Wearing denim shorts and going on Splash Mnt first thing in the morning. Denim does NOT dry very quickly. It was like walking around in a wet diaper all day!
Sending my then pregnant sister back to the hotel with my 4 year old nephew's ticket when we were planning on leaving MK to go to another park. This was in the days before cel phones too. I had to leave him with his dad and RUN to catch her. Luckily she hadn't gotten far.

jelloarms
05-24-2008, 10:19 PM
This happened over spring break. Me, mom, and my sister were staying at the ASM in the Country section. It was an early magic day at the MK. As usual, we were in a hurry to get out the door. Halfway to the bus area, I realized I forgot my mug so I ran back to the room.

I stuck the key in again and again, with no such luck. (This was the second time our key was malfunctioning so I was very upset) Suddenly, I saw the light go off, and the curtain move from the INSIDE. I freaked out. I thought someone had gotten into our room! I thought maybe I had not shut the door all the way, as I have done that before. Anyway I was in tears as I called my mom from my cell. Someone was in our room! My sister informed the front desk, and they came back to the room to wait with me.

They came to wait, but for some reason, they decided to wait on the lower floor. I was confused as to why they would do that and then I realized. I WAS ON THE WRONG FLOOR! Our room was on the 2nd floor, and I was on the 3rd! I guess on the way back to my room, I went up too many flights of stairs!

Someone probably thought I was trying to break into THEIR ROOM!

Mom and my sister were very angry and they never let me live it down! From now on, they say I am not allowed to go back to the room for anything I foreget. :blush:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-24-2008, 11:20 PM
This thread is too funny :funny: :rotfl: :funny:

I was reading a couple of them to DH, and he piped up that "the dumbest thing he ever did at Disney was propose in front of the castle". Well, DH could use some company on the couch tonight :shake:

Seriously, the dumbest things we've done at Disney include getting really lost getting to FQ this trip, and ending up at Epcot. The CM at the parking booth was really nice, and gave us directions to FQ. We also once, took a wrong turn and ended back out on I-4 (twice, in the same trip), but I think the best was on our honeymoon; we'd just driven down from Canada, and we went to MK for EMH. We thought that it wouldn't be busy by the bitter end, so I was quite upset to see a crazy-long line at the busses (our first on-site trip, so I didn't know what to expect). I sat down in the middle of the sidewalk and cried. I don't know what I thought it would help, I should have at least sat down in the bus line, but I somehow thought it was a good idea at the time.

WDWFREAK101
05-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Leaving the parks:D

NYCGirl2582
05-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Mine would have to be going on Kali River Rapids without a poncho as soon as I arrived in Animal Kingdom. Note to self, save that ride for when you are about to leave AK

Young@Heart
05-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Lost my camera on BTMRR and then lost my wallet at AK kennels. :blush: DH was very patient w/ me that trip.

LucyLou
05-26-2008, 11:48 AM
On our trip last year I got my dd4 all excited about having dinner with the princess' in epcot.

All dressed up and half way there on the bus from POFQ checked my note of our ADR.

Hmm just 24 hours too early, it took me about 2 hours to calm a very upset 4 year old down. After that DH took contol over the ADRs, not sure they will trust me again.

Arnold Simba
05-26-2008, 08:20 PM
The dumbest thing I ever did was also by far the most embarassing. In September 2004 I was visiting the Magic Kingdom. It was an unusually hot day, a bit crowded, but being a hard core "Disneyatic" I felt I had more than enough stamina to last the whole day.
Sometime in the early afternoon, I decided to visit the men's room in Fantasyland, near Peter Pan's Flight. I went into the bathroom, went into a stall, and shut the door. It was nice to feel the air conditioning, and the jolly polka music playing was pleasant. The next thing I know, I hear someone banging on my stall door. Startled me half to death! Then I hear a voice asking, "Are you alright, Sir? Is everything okay?" I said, "Uh, yeah I'm okay. Why do you ask?" And the man replies, "Well, Sir, a guest came to me saying that a man had fallen asleep in the men's room. When I came in, you were snoring very loudly. Are you sure you're okay?" I assured him that I was fine. Looking at my watch, I discovered to my embarassment that had been in the stall for over 40 minutes! When I came out, there was a crowd pointing at me saying, "That's the guy! That's the guy who fell asleep in the john!" :blush:

TIGGERSDOBOUNCE
06-08-2008, 01:38 AM
:tigger: FIRST OFF...IT IS AMAZING TO ME HOW WILLING SO MANY PEOPLE ARE TO TALK ABOUT THE DUMBEST THINGS THEY HAVE DONE...ONLY ON AN INTERCOT BOARD WITH A BUNCH OF DISNEY CRAZIES...SO HERE GOES NOTHING :mickey:

:tigger: SOME YEARS BACK WE WERE WALKING OUT OF FOOD ROCKS, I THOUGHT I HAD THE STRAP TO MY VIDEO CAMERA AROUND MY SHOULDER; SO I LET IT DROP TO MY SIDE ONLY TO FIND THAT IT WENT STRAIGHT TO THE GROUND...CRASH, THE CAMERA WAS BROKEN...NOW THAT WAS PRETTY DUMB, BUT THE DUMBEST PART WAS DOING IT IN FRONT OF MY DD ON THE 2ND DAY OF A 9 DAY VACATION...MY DD, THEN WAS 12, DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO HEAR FOR THE NEXT 7 DAYS..."HEY DAD VIDEO THIS, OH, THAT'S RIGHT YOU HAD TO BREAK THE VIDEO CAMERA..."

laward32
06-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Not seeing Fantasmic and Illuminations on my past three trips. Hopefully I will get back soon and get to see both of them.:mickey:

azdisneymom
06-09-2008, 12:14 AM
The dumb thing I did was reserve a standard view room at AKL. I would save longer and get a Savannah view.

The dumb thing dh did was bring leftovers back to the the room swearing he would eat it for a midnight snack. Instead he ate it for breakfast - after leaving it out on the dresser all night. He was sick as a dog most of the day.

Marceline
06-09-2008, 01:13 AM
The dumbest thing we ever did....and I completely blame my father for this......we had just arrived from the airport, settled in to OKW, dropped off our bags and resort explored a bit, when we decided we were hungry and would run out to get a bite before getting groceries at the crossroads grocery store. There were 8 of us in two rental cars, I was driving one and followed my Dad, assuming we would stop at someplace quick then get the shopping done to stock the villa and then on to the parks! Right?

Nope, he drives us 20 miles away, meandering around Orlando, all the while I am flipping out wondering where he is taking us.:rant: He's just taking his sweet time exploring his roadside dining options, as if we had not just arrived at DISNEYWORLD at all!!!!:mad: Finally after driving for what seemed like an eternity he pulls into a Tony Roma's Famous Ribs??????? Like it was something interesting compared to the 200 something eateries ON Property! I was so hacked off at him.:angry: My sisters and their husbands got a good chuckle at my incredulity about the situation compared to my Dad's obliviousness. To this day the mention of "hey we could always go to Tony Roma's!" send us into the giggles.

Man! That was dumb......Tony Roma's?? What was he thinking??? We are at Walt Disney World fer kripes sake.:confused:
Staying at Home Away From Home accomodations no less....if he wanted bbq, I woulda made him bbq....sheeeeesh. :nono:
See...it still gets to me, and is the biggest reminder.....off property? What's that? There is nothing of importance off property.:humph:

From that day on I became an OnProperty/World-Only purist. This is a DISNEY vacation we are on, not a mindlessly wandering around Orlando excursion. I wont even rent a car anymore to ensure nobody wastes time looking for a Tony Roma's or something. Pfffah!;)

PirateLover
06-09-2008, 03:51 AM
Hmm. I noticed my original post about getting lost was posted last year. Well, I did something else kind of embarrassing/dumb on our trip this past December.

I should preface this by saying I'm a huge Philly sports nut and I will strike up a conversation with anyone wearing Philly gear when I'm on vacation somewhere, or at least yell something at them. (example, I once saw a whole family in Eagles jerseys and stopped to lead them in a chant).
I just get overly excited to see a little piece of home I guess.

So, one day, (my birthday actually) we are in Epcot. I'm in a particularly happy mood because I had been comped 2 margaritas in Mexico, My cousin's girlfriend bought me a Peroni in Italy, and I'd had a Tsing Tsao in China all within a relatively short time span. Next thing I know we are watching the updated O Canada! film. I had not yet seen it. I'm honestly not paying very close attention...then all of the sudden I see a Phillies cap on the screen! The question of why on earth would the Phillies be in a Canada film didn't even cross my mind, and I instinctively let out a "whoo hoo!" Then the camera pans out... and it's Mitch Williams lobbing the homerun ball to Joe Carter, making the Blue Jays the 1993 World Series champions. I think I felt my entire face turn red.:blush::blush::blush: I just felt so stupid! Then it made me feel even worse to think that day after day, hour after hour, that scene is shown over and over again. Poor Mitch! Poor me! I do not think I will ever go see that movie again...