PDA

View Full Version : "A Toast to Good Health and Life-long Love" Pre-trip report!

marlyn
04-14-2007, 08:09 PM
I am leaving in 6 days so I thought it was time to post my pre-trip report.

Dates: April 20 - May 5 2007
Resort: All Star Movies (15 nights)

Cast of Characters:

Myself
My 11 year old twin boys
My parents who are celebrating their 50th

The reason for the title of my trip report is simple. I am toasting my good health since I had surgery in March to remove a salivary gland tumor, and I found out on April 3rd that the tumor was benign and my surgeon gave me the thumbs up to go on my trip. We had anticipated having to cancel...so we are celebrating my good health.

As if that wasn't reason enough for a trip to WDW...my parents are celebrating their 50th Anniversary and that was the original reason for the trip. So we are also celebrating their lifelong commitment to each other.

Tentative schedule with ADR's are as follows. We are there 15 nights, so we may vary our activities a bit. You will notice there are many days where we are not sure which park we will go to. Plans will depend on how we feel that day. That is what is so great about a long trip. We have APs so will come and go when we please. Will be wonderful! We are not renting a car and have no intentions of leaving the WDW property until we go back to Airport to come home. We want to stay in the magic!:mickey:

April 20...arrive very late as plane lands at 11:30 pm. So we will take DME to resort and try to get to bed.

April 21...relaxing day. Will head to MK in afternoon to activate AP's and watch parade and ride a few rides depending on crowds. It is Grad Night so will head over to Trails End for dinner and then back to Poly to watch Boat Parade from beach. Over to DTD for a bit and then head to resort.

April 22...Chef Mickey's for breakfast then over to Epcot after and to MK for EMH that evening. Meeting up with pogo & DW, sagessa, natazu, animalkingdomguy, niecyboo, Mickey'sGirl and canadianWDWFan. Can't wait!

April 23...Disney Studios today. Dinner at 50's Prime time Diner. Staying for EMH and Fantasmic.

April 24...Not sure yet :D

April 25...Animal Kingdom with dinner at Boma for my parent's 50th Anniversary dinner!

April 26...My father and I are going on the Magic Behind The Steam Trains tour at MK. He is avid model railroader. While we are on tour my mother and the boys will be doing EMH. We head over to Whispering Canyon Cafe for lunch.

April 27...O'hana for breakfast with Stitch! Can't wait. MK after and Epcot in evening for EMH.

April 28...Spending day at Blizzard beach with piglet822 and her crew. :)

April 29...Crystal Palace for late lunch. Staying at MK for EMH.

April 30...Epcot or DS and to ESPN Club and boardwalk for dinner.

May 1...Chef Mickey's for breakfast.

May 2...Animal Kingdom day.

May 3...MK or Epcot with San Angel Inn for dinner.

May 4...MK or Epcot EMH. Not sure where we will eat yet.

May 5...fly home. DME picks us up at 8:30 am :(

So that is it in a nut shell...we are leaving some things open for spur of the moment things. We plan on parasailing, shopping at DTD and maybe renting a boat. I am looking forward so much to this trip...and meeting all the Intercotees :) :mickey:

Darbylew
04-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Sounds like a great trip for your family. Great
to hear that you got a good bill of health and
can go on your trip. Have a wonderful time in
the land of Mickey and the Magic. Congrats to
your parents on their 50th. That is wonderful.
:mickey: :D

Christine
04-14-2007, 08:26 PM
Lynne, that sounds just wonderful! What happy things you have to celebrate this trip!

Blow Capt. Jack a big kiss for me!! :thumbsup:

sleepingbooty
04-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Wow, 15 nights - how wonderful! I can't wait to read you trip reports when you get back!

SBETigg
04-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Lynne, the plans look great! Best wishes for a wonderful trip and for making many magical memories. Enjoy!

jilwil
04-14-2007, 10:30 PM
I am so glad to read that you are doing well! I hope you have a wonderful trip! Congrats to your mom and dad! DH and I will be at EMH @ the MK on the night of the 29th. Maybe we will run into you.:hands: If nothing else I will keep my eye out for twin boys that look to be 11.:) :) Can't wait to read reports of your trip when you return!

Bethanymouse
04-14-2007, 11:00 PM
Congrats to your mom and dad! That is such a wonderful thing to celebrate. And your good health- a true blessing! It sounds like you have a good base plan there. Enjoy your nice and long trip! I am sure you are going to have a blast!:D

pogo
04-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Lynne,

Thanks for posting your pre-trip report. I can't wait to read all your reports when you return.

Patti and I are looking forward to meeting your family and all our Intercot friends during this trip. :grouphug:

Travel safe and we'll see you at MK on the 22nd. Don't forget about the Dole Whips. :D

alpro2
04-15-2007, 08:01 AM
Looks like you will have a great time, Lynne! Great to see that you will be meeting up with some of the gang! :mickey:

faline
04-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Lynne, have a great trip! Now that you've gotten rid of some of your worries, it should be a wonderful trip!

Congrats to your parents!

Bethis26fan
04-15-2007, 05:25 PM
I hope you have a great time.

ElenitaB
04-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Lynne, have a magical time! :pixie: I am so happy for you and many congratulations to your parents! May they have many more years together!

Have fun meeting Icot pals!

It truly sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned. I'm sure you'll enjoy every second of it! :cloud9:

Please have a Dole Whip for me and if you can remember, once you're done hugging and kissing Capt. Jack, please give him some loving for me! :blush:

BriarRose0708
04-15-2007, 07:53 PM
What great reasons to celebrate on your vacation! I hope you all have a very magical time and I am looking forward to reading about your trip when you return!

marlyn
04-15-2007, 09:17 PM
if you can remember, once you're done hugging and kissing Capt. Jack, please give him some loving for me! :blush:

No problem. I think I can manage to give extra Loving to capt Jack for all of you ;)

princessgirls
04-16-2007, 01:01 AM
Lynne,

Have a wonderful time.

What a great trip you have planned.

Julie:mickey:

Jimenyfan
04-16-2007, 06:53 AM
Lynne,

What a great way for your parents to celebrate their 50yrs together, ahh young love. I have been follwing your posts and was very happy to read that your test came out good. Have a great trip with your boys and parents.

allie_to_you
04-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Sounds like a great trip! Congrats to your parents & I am thrilled for you that you now have a clean bill of health. What a great way to celebrate! I hope you have a magical trip full of memories for a lifetime. Can't wait to hear more!

Mickey'sGirl
04-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Great plans Lynne! You sure have plenty to celebrate! Have a terrific time! :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
04-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Lynne, I am so glad that you can relax and enjoy this trip with your boys and your parents. What a sweet feeling after all you have been through!! I hope your parents enjoy celebrating their 50th while at WDW. Big Congrats to them for reaching that milestone. Have fun at your Intercot meets! Looking forward to reading all about it when you return. :mickey:

DizNee143
04-17-2007, 12:29 PM
sounds like you will have a great time!! cant wait to read all about it when you get back.. glad to hear about your good health!! and happy anniversary to your parents!! :mickey:

MissStyles
04-18-2007, 04:18 PM
You're almost there!!!!!!

You all have wonderful reasons to celebrate...:party:

Enjoy your extra long stay in WDW :mickey: !

Dsnygirl
04-19-2007, 03:50 PM
:mickey: Lynne -- Somehow I completely missed your pre-trip report, and now you're on your way to Vancouver -- but I hope you have the BEST trip!! How awesome that you get to celebrate with your parents, and spend 2 wonderful weeks in the magic with your boys. Your plans sound awesome -- have a great time meeting up with everyone -- that'll be such fun, I bet. And be sure to give Cap'n Jack a hug for me -- as you handcuff him and drag him onto the ship, of course!! See you onboard for the party in 2 weeks!! :D

offwego
04-19-2007, 04:24 PM
I missed it too, sorry about that!!

Your plans look amazing and what wonderful reasons to celebrate!

I can't wait to read all about it when you get back.

Natazu
04-23-2007, 02:33 AM
April 22...Chef Mickey's for breakfast then over to Epcot after and to MK for EMH that evening. Meeting up with pogo & DW, sagessa, natazu, animalkingdomguy, niecyboo, Mickey'sGirl and canadianWDWFan. Can't wait!
It was great meeting up with everyone. We had our own Grand Gathering. Lynne has wonderful family and well-behaved youngsters. It was truly a pleasure.