PDA

View Full Version : POR "Extras"

susan39
04-14-2007, 07:40 PM
We stayed at WL 2 years ago and were fortunate enough to be the flag family. We also enjoyed looking for Mickey in the lobby - are there any of those special things to look forward to at POR? We'll be there the week before T'giving. Thanks!

wdwdreamer
04-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Stayed there three times and when I think about this resort, what is unique about it:

1) Water Taxi to Downtown Disney. It is so nice to cruise the river and not a bus for once. You also see Disney in a new way from the water and at night DTD the refections of all the lights on the water.

2) Fishing hole - for a small fee you can fish with old style poles and worms. My daughters and husband had a great time. I enjoyed just watching them.

3) I think there are carriage rides, although we never took one. We did take a 4 person bike around the resort. In June, we were like "what were we thinking? Since my husband and I did all the peddling in crazy heat up some inclines"

4) Wildlife all around, which is probably not special at this resort, but I have found memories of my 4 year old daughter saying "Hi" to the bunnies every morning on our walk to breakfast. Last time we were there they were chasing lizards.

5) Water Wheel on the foot court is very cool.

RockChalkKimball
04-14-2007, 10:17 PM
The biggest thing for my family seems to be the boat to DTD. Even though I try to get them to try other resorts, they are stuck on that wonderful, leisurely ride to DTD. I did get them to change to POFQ for the next visit, only because they, too, have THE BOAT!! As the above post said, there are several other things to do there, should you have the time and $$$ to do them. The other pluses for us are the quiet pools, which really are quiet. And, the resort is so quiet and peaceful. The stroll to your room each day makes you forget where you are. Enjoy!!

eeyoremom
04-15-2007, 09:30 AM
PIANO BOB!!!!!!!!! He is at POR 4 or 5 times week. Everyone loves him. He has quite a following. Be sure to see him some evening.

disney100%
04-15-2007, 01:24 PM
I have to agree with everyone above - the boat to Downtown Disney, River Roost and Bob the piano player, gift shop (I think it is one of the best), food court, and just the general atmosphere when walking the grounds.