PDA

View Full Version : Dining in Epcot with Preferred Seating for Candlelight Processional

BRJARE3
04-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Hi. I have a question. We will be in Epcot the end of Nov/beginning of Dec. We want to see the Candlelight Processional. How hard is it to get seated? Should we do a preferred restaurant to guarantee a seat? Which restaurants are participating? We have three little kids (5, 2 1/2, and 1 in Dec), and want to make sure that they get a seat so that we can all enjoy it. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Strmchsr
04-14-2007, 05:25 PM
With kids that age, I would definitely recommend doing the preferred seating as you often have to get in line an hour or more ahead of time in the standby line. However, I'm not sure the kids will really dig the CP. It is traditional Christian choral Christmas music. I love it, but watching choirs and listening to scripture is not often high on the list of little ones. There is no "action" just singing and reading. Another option is you can sit up in front of the American pavilion and still see and hear everything. You're just not "up close" but the kids can move around without disturbing others and you can still hear everything.

Sunshine1010
04-14-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm interested in this also

Pirate Granny
04-14-2007, 09:03 PM
We've done the package deal twice and tried (and I do mean tried) without once...we went in early December and it was a Fri or Sat evening...and the line without the package went to Italy...and that was before the first show...no way would we've gotten in the first show, and possibly not the second...This year we booked early, got LeCellier and still stood in the package line for at least 45 minutes...they have changed the policy also...you have to eat BEFORE your show...so if you want the first show, you have to book the lunch. We had a good time, but I like the suggestion to find some seats outside the American Pavillion so the kids can stand, walk and roam during the show...and it's quite expense to pay for set dinners for children that rarely eat that much...

Have a wonderful trip the decorations at all the parks are beautiful and well worth the visit. :pirate:

wendy*darling
04-14-2007, 10:07 PM
The Candlelight Processional (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/cp.asp) is a massed choir and orchestra with a celebrity narrator reading scripture of the Christmas Story.
As has been said, no "action" just the story interspersed with singing. It is a lovely and very moving show... but I have to agree- a hard show for kids that young to sit through.
The Dinner Package allows you to be guaranteed a seat for the show. It doesn't give you a reserved seat, and it doesn't matter which "Tier" you choose, everyone on the Dinner Package stands in a special line (for up to an hour) before the show to gain "general admission" entrance to the show. After the Package people are seated, the rest of the amphitheater is opened up to other guests to fill in the seats (who have been standing in the general line for well over an hour without guarantee of admission at all).
I have to agree that just being near the front of the American Pavilion will allow you to hear almost everything, and give the kids a little space to run around.
You know your kids best, but I would pass this one up until they are all a bit older.

Marilyn Michetti
04-15-2007, 10:17 AM
We always go to the early performance, get in line an hour ahead, and am within the first 30 folks. The standby line moves at the same time as the package line, so our seats are usually better than the reserved.

(I think it's fair to tell you that I'm in an ECV, so I bring a book - no big deal). (Usually, end up chatting with someing in line tho').:thumbsup: