PDA

View Full Version : Just when you thought it was safe...

Dsnygirl
04-14-2007, 03:51 PM
:snowball: Okay, call me crazy, but my girls started to outgrow their snow boots last month, and once April hit with 50 degree breezes and sun, I figured it was safe to throw them out. Call me crazy... :crazy:

Now, here we are - April 14 - and we've already had a few inches of snow last week (so much for "spring" break...;) ) and now they're forecasting a possible foot of snow, starting sometime tomorrow! Anyone else think this is just insane?? Granted, I know it's not the first time.... I've been around for bad snows this time of year before... but not for a LONG time - and I am just SO ready for spring this year!! :sun: :flower: :sun:

How's everyone else faring with these crazy storms??

SBETigg
04-14-2007, 04:00 PM
We had a really mild winter. We hardly saw any of the storms that plagued upper New York, and it was really warm here all through to January, when it finally turned more seasonably cold. So I can't complain. But, I will anyway, because now it isn't as warm as it should be and we're due for more snow tonight. I want spring!

Oh well. It's coming soon, I'm sure. And I really doubt the storm will do much here. Fingers crossed. Best wishes to you in NY!

luvdiznee
04-14-2007, 05:08 PM
I know exactly how you feel, being an Upstate NY resident also. I actually wore capri pants a couple weeks ago and yes now back to scarves and gloves :thedolls: I have a picture of my car buried in snow from the valentines day snow storm. But here's to spring or at least a trip to Disney :mickey:

BronxTigger
04-14-2007, 05:32 PM
On one hand, it's been a blessing. As a teacher, it is making it feel less like summer is around the corner, so it is better that way. Also, my classroom does not have air conditioning so it can stay cool for awhile as far as I'm concerned!

The rain, though, could let up a bit. Every storm, my umbrella breaks. I keep getting new ones. It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow (note to self...go get another umbrella!) and I'm sure if I go outside I'll get soaked again! At least today, the weather is nice so I'm trying to get all of my errands done today so I can stay inside tomorrow if I need to.

conorsmom2000
04-14-2007, 08:22 PM
We are due for a nor'easter tomorrow as well - but, major rain, possible snow and 50 mile an hour winds. I think if it was all snow, I would cry! :( It's supposed to spring!! Five short years ago, it was 90 degrees out today - and now we can barely get out of the 40's! I'm tired of freezing at little league practice :D - oh where, oh where is spring?

Conor has pretty much outgrown his winter jacket - yet, he's still wearing it! I never thought he'd still be using it in mid-April!!

Caroleh
04-14-2007, 08:46 PM
We were discussing the weather at work today, and we've decided that since winter took it's time getting here(remember the warm weather in Dec. and beginning of Jan.) and was basically a month late, that spring was deciding to be late also. The seasons are taking longer to get here.

RedSoxFan
04-14-2007, 10:41 PM
We're getting the nor'easter as well. Suppose to start tonight and end on Monday. Spring break may be extended one day. This snowy cold winter is getting old. I really do miss Virginia.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-14-2007, 11:13 PM
I think I heard that here in MA we are supposed to get about 5" of rain. I hope that's all we get because of the Boston Marathon on Monday. They've never cancelled it in the whole history of the race. So I really hope it doesn't get cancelled on Monday because people come from all over the world to run in this race.