PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Dining

Rica
04-14-2007, 01:54 PM
We will be in Disney for Christmas. We have some ideas of places we would like to dine for sure. I was wondering if ya'll could share your favorite picks for dining and why. This will help to finalize our dinning plans. We are staying at the Swan and traveling with our two sons (3 and 8 yrs old). Whatcha think?:eat: :chipdale:

May524
04-14-2007, 01:56 PM
Hello neighbor!!!
For the ages of your sons, I would definetly suggest some character meals.
I think Libery Tree Tavern would be a great meal for maybe Christmas Eve or day!
Another great dining option is the Cape May Cafe for breakfast, which is also character dining. It's very easy to get to by staying at the Swan, either by foot or the boat!
Also, don't forget the great dining at the Boardwalk.
You will love this area, we went there for our honeymoon, and I dont' want to stay anywhere else!

jacknsally02
04-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Cape may will be great for breakfast, we love it. Epcot world showcase is also a favorite. With the kids I would say maybe mexico, it really feels like you are there, also germany is a lot of fun. Rose and crown food is really good as well.

Rica
04-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Is Cape May on the Boardwalk? What characters and food items do they provide? We have always done Crystal Palace for breakfast. We were thinking of doing Liberty for dinner on our first night before we attend MVMCP. How does that sound?:simba:

May524
04-14-2007, 05:49 PM
No Cape May is at the Beach Club. The characters that I've seen there are: Minnie, Goofy and the chipmunks. They provide the typical breakfast menu items. I've been 2 or 3 times and have really enjoyed this breakfast.

kathiep
04-15-2007, 08:36 AM
My kids loved breakfast at the Crystal Palace. I would recommend planning on that.

They also loved having dinner at Biergarten. It was a little harder picking food for them, but there was enough to choose from as long as your kids aren't terribly picky eaters. But they loved the atmosphere. My 3 year even insisted is DD get up and do the chicken dance with him.

sunlyon
04-15-2007, 09:27 AM
We love the excitement and fun of Chef Mickey's for breakfast. Great buffet with lots of choices.

Prime Time Cafe (MGM) is great if the CM picks on the parents. The kids will have a great laugh about that. Just let them know when you check in that you want to "play along".

Sci Fi is fun with the old SciFi movies showing onscreen while you sit in a "car", but many other posts complain about the food. We haven't been there in about 6 years.

Ohanas for dinner. Family style dining with lots going on for adults and kids alike.

Hoop Dee Doo Review or Mickey's Backyard Bar-B-Que would be fun for the boys.

Also check out the free movie at Fort Wilderness. This is a fun, inexpensive evening. There is a chuck wagon with hot dogs, etc. and you can get a bag of marshmallows with sticks (about $2) to roast marshmallows over the campfire. There are sing alongs, Chip n Dale show up and the movie is free. Bring a chair or sit on the benches provided. Check the Intercot Camping discussion thread to get the movie schedule each month. If you forget, ask at the front desk of your resort.

Mousehead35
04-15-2007, 10:07 AM
The locations where I have had the most fun and best food would have to be:
Crystal Palace -MK
Whispering Canyon - Wilderness Lodge
Ohanas - Poly

Rica
04-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Thank ya'll so much for the help. I like getting the feedback because it reassures the plans I already made and helps me with the ones I will make. Please continue to post any more opinions or comments. They are all appreciated. :thumbsup:

Damon18
04-16-2007, 09:45 PM
I would also recommend the Biergarten in the Germany pavillion. The food is great and lots to choose from so everyone can find something they like. The entertainment is also great for the kids. They can get up and dance so they aren't stuck sitting at a table for an hour, which can be hard for kids to do.:thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
04-17-2007, 08:41 AM
I would also recommend the Biergarten in the Germany pavillion. The food is great and lots to choose from so everyone can find something they like. The entertainment is also great for the kids. They can get up and dance so they aren't stuck sitting at a table for an hour, which can be hard for kids to do.:thumbsup:
My oldest son was asking to go there this morning! We ate there on New Year's Day and it was terrific!!
Rica, my boys are 8 and 3 as well! Their dinner favourites are 'Ohana at the Poly, Sci-Fi at MGM and Marrakesh at Epcot. They both also really love Breakfast at 'Ohana with Stitch. Have a great time!! :mickey: