PDA

View Full Version : Lego Store using Disney Gift Cards

marylayson
04-14-2007, 11:35 AM
The Disney Gift Card advertises that it works at participating merchants in Downtown Disney as well as at Disney locations, but I can't seem to find any listing of the participating merchants. I want to know if the Disney Gift Card works at the Lego Store before I purchase it. I want to give my sons these cards for their souvenier funds, but I know that at least one of them will want to make some lego store purchases.

motherhamv
04-19-2007, 12:15 PM
It has been a while, but I had asked about this at the local Disney Store. The manager had told me it was a better idea to purchase Disney money.
I liked this idea better because Disney money is accepted for so much more. :mickey:

Have you thought giving them charging privilages on their room key's? I am not sure if they can cut it off at a specific amout, but if the kids don't know that they shouldn't overcharge. :cool:

marylayson
04-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Thank you motherhamv. That is probably what I'll do. My 7 y/o also expressed a desire to shop at the Rainforest Cafe's little shop :( ,and I know they don't take the Gift Cards. With the dollars, we'll know that we can change them back for cash which may encourage my sons to save a little bit longer.:thumbsup:

KylesMom
04-19-2007, 04:50 PM
I cannot recall if the Lego Store accepts Disney Dollars or Gift Cards, but I'm fairly certain they do not accept room card charges. I distinctly remember having to put DS's lego purchases on our Visa card, even though we try to charge EVERYTHING to our room during our vacation. He then pays us back with his cash. I don't know why I keep thinking they don't accept Disney Dollars either??? Perhaps someone out there knows for sure. :mickey:

wendy*darling
04-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Well, I just called the Downtown Disney's Lego Imagination Center to settle this question. They take everything!

Disney Gift Cards- yes :thumbsup:
Disney Dollars- yes :thumbsup:
Room Key charges- yes :thumbsup:

I haven't made any purchases here in many years, so I couldn't recall. One quick phone call got it all answered.
Hope that helps!