PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrowland Speedway-Love it/Hate it??

jaredkari
04-14-2007, 11:08 AM
The thread on least favorite attraction got me thinking about the Speedway.

Do you love it or hate it??

If you love it-WHY??
If you hate it-WHY??

Personally I hate it. I can understand little kids wanting to drive a car and all that, but you can go ride go-karts that are way more fun just about anywhere. This is WDW!! There are things here you can't do anywhere else. My wife and I don't have any kids yet but that is going to be how I try to reason with our kids as to why we don't need to waste our time riding it. (I'm sure I will give in anyway and end up spending half our day in line for it):mickey:

Speedy1998
04-14-2007, 11:22 AM
I am indifferent to them. When I was a kid I loved them though.

As to your thought about go carts, it is not exactely true. My 3 year old can drive at the speedway as long as I am in the car with him, and my six year old is tall enough to drive by herself. Most go cart tracks I have seen would not let a 3 year old on the carts as a passanger, and there is no way my 6YO would be able to drive at any of the tracks near my house.

DizneyFreak2002
04-14-2007, 11:34 AM
I am indifferent to the ride... It doesn't bother me... I rode it once when I was younger... I say let the kids have their fun... The only thing that annoys me about it is the smell when you walk by...

KAJUNKING
04-14-2007, 11:40 AM
i could take it or leave it, but my kids really enjoy it so why not let them have thier fun :mickey:

Darbylew
04-14-2007, 11:45 AM
We really like it because when all our family is
together we all ride in different cars and it is a
lot of fun. We laugh a lot. :car: :D

Kairi_7378
04-14-2007, 11:51 AM
DH and I agreed that there was no point of this ride for adults who already have drivers' licenses. (Driving up the Schuylkill Expressway is referred to as "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" in our household!) It might be different for parents of small children who want to drive for a little while. But considering all of the fun and creative things that there are in the MK, this seemed a bit lame. I'd rather invest my time waiting in line for other things in Tomorrowland (like Buzz!)

Marker
04-14-2007, 12:36 PM
HATE it? No way.

I don't normally ride it. But lot's of people do. Lot's of kids do.

How can you HATE something that makes so many young kids happy.

Besides, HATE is such a strong emotion. Dislike, ok, but HATE? Just seems so negative, and so extreme.

Main Street Jim
04-14-2007, 02:04 PM
DH and I agreed that there was no point of this ride for adults who already have drivers' licenses.No point, huh? Tell that to all of the "adults" who wait an hour or so with their kids to ride it ;) Heck, even when Donna and I are in the park without kids, we're still in line for the Speedway.

Love it or leave it? I say LOVE IT.

marlyn
04-14-2007, 02:13 PM
I Love it just because of the laughs I hear when my boys are driving their own cars! They love driving Mom around!

I am easy to please...I like most anything! :mickey:

darthmacho
04-14-2007, 02:54 PM
Don't like this poorly themed, noxious, and oppressively hot ride. Kids love it though. :mickey:

JERSEYDISFAN
04-14-2007, 03:04 PM
[cough], [choke], [gag], - what's to love?

hubbyofadisneyholic
04-14-2007, 09:36 PM
Giant waste of space??
It makes me very sad when I think of the really fun attractions that been bulldozed and this stays in operation.:ack:

tron80
04-14-2007, 09:49 PM
I saw the track layout of Hong Kong's Autopia,and it puts the speedway to shame.

Bethanymouse
04-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Hate it.....:down:

My brother loves this ride. Even now when he is 18 and can drive his own car this is still one of his favorite attractions. For me it holds no bar. The lines are always long, the que hot, the cars too slow, and getting stuck behind one of those cars- :smokin: :faint: no thanks.....I think it should be torn out and made into a new attraction.

Imakejessicarabbitjelous
04-15-2007, 07:13 AM
my dad and brother love this ride! they ride it about 7 times when we go to WDW they love it personally i go on it once and im over it!:)

sunlyon
04-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Personally I don't care for it... the line is too long, the ride is too slow, no bumping allowed...
But, my dd likes it so we go. She's big enough to drive one by herself and I love the pictures I get.

wilshade
04-15-2007, 10:16 AM
The Speedway falls under the "Classic Ride" umbrella. Yes, it has long lines and it is not what you would call exciting by any means.

Personally, I would like to see it updated, but I am not sure that an update would work well unless . . . . they changed the cars to Star Wars Land Speeders or something like that.

People are always in the cue and they all seem to be smiling when they get off the ride. So, heck, it is one of the things that makes WDW what it is.

Magic Smiles
04-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Hate it. When DS was small he liked it, but thought that he was actually driving and steering the car. Now it is just boring.

WEDTOPIA
04-15-2007, 08:36 PM
The common thread here , which no one disagrees with , is kids love it. And most of the parents admit that they love to see their kids enjoying it. So ,really , what is the big deal ?

I do think that Disney could make it more like Disneyland's Autopia , with more scenery and props. They could also switch to electric vehicles. But why in the world does it have to be razed ?
I'm with you M.S. Jim. The Speedway is a landmark in all the parks.:thumbsup:

:mickey:

2Epcot
04-16-2007, 12:45 AM
I enjoyed the ride as a kid, but hate it as an adult. I don't like the gasoline engines at all, and wish they could switch to electric. I guess the ride is primarily for kids, so for kids, driving is the future, and I it seems to work as a theme, but still very dated.

imaprincess!
04-16-2007, 12:59 AM
I'm also indifferent. My children enjoy it, but I can go to a local amusement park and ride the same. :car: