PDA

View Full Version : What can we expect Grad Nights weekend?

KatGat
04-14-2007, 10:54 AM
My friend and I are staying at POP April 28-30. We won't have any kids with us on this girls weekend! I've never stayed at POP and have never been to the parks this time of year. We requested a room far away from the pools and noise. Just how far can I expect to walk to the bus? And how long can I expect to wait to board a bus with all of those teens trying to get on? I'm getting nervous and wonder if I shouldn't go back to my beloved POR this trip. We won't be in the room much since we only have a day and a half in the parks, but I really don't want to deal with loud, overly-energetic teens and have to compete for the bus or food. If I wanted that, I'd just stay home with my own teens. ;)

MNNHFLTX
04-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Grad nights are typically more of a park-focused event for the local (Central Florida) high school students, who don't typically stay over at the resorts. I'm sure there are some groups that come from further away that do, but I don't think that's the norm, so their impact on the value resorts would be mimimal. (The Magic Kingdom will probably be very crowded on those days, however, and closed off at 10 p.m. for the grads private party.)

That said, if you are staying at Pop Century and requested a room in a building farthest away from the food court and bus stop, I still don't think you would have more than a five-minute walk to get there.

marlyn
04-14-2007, 04:55 PM
When I check park hours for those days it says MK closes at 7:00 PM on Grad Nights.

MNNHFLTX
04-14-2007, 05:22 PM
When I check park hours for those days it says MK closes at 7:00 PM on Grad Nights.
After doing a little research, it looks like the park does close at 7 p.m. on those evenings and re-opens at 8 p.m. for a Grad Night "Blast-Off Party" for those who have tickets.