PDA

View Full Version : disney's celebration

disneydad15
04-14-2007, 10:35 AM
My wife and I once talked about that disney was planning on building a little town that would be somehow connected to disney world. Does anyone know if that has that ever started or been completed ?

Jeff G
04-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, there is a town called Celebration that was started by Disney just east of WDW. A few years ago we visited the community because my DW wants to move there and we were curious.

Darbylew
04-14-2007, 11:51 AM
As far as I know you are talking about the little
town near WDW that is called Celebration. We
have never visited there but I would like to see
what it is all about sometime. :mickey:

goofiecrazy
04-14-2007, 06:39 PM
We drove through there once a few years ago and i remember the grass was real green and none of the lawns had anything in them.There was a school there if i remember right plus all size houses along with apartments there. There was several little parks in the middle of the houses.. It looked real nice there..

Figment!
04-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Celebration, Florida (http://www.celebrationfl.com/index.html)

Disneyfun
04-14-2007, 06:59 PM
I am absolutely in love with Celebration. My DW and I lived in an apartment after years of yearning to move in to Celebration. Then my work transferred me to Maryland!!! :mad: :mad:

Imagine the old Leave It To Beaver TV shows - that is Celebration. White picket fences, great and friendly neighbors, a community unto itself. The schools at Celebration are some of the best in Central Florida.

The downtown area is absolutely great! It is centered around a large lake that has boats for rent in the summer and a walking path around it. There is a small movie theater that ussually has atleast one family-friendly movie playing, great restaurants including a dinner and an ice cream shop, and wonderful small shops that you can get almost everything.

They have really captured the small town feel. There are community events that are planned on a regular basis. They go above and beyond for special occasions. For the fall festival, they used to shut down Main Street downtown and blow leaves off the roofs for the kids to play in. For Christmas, they shut down Main Street again, and have a winter wonderland set up with photos with Santa, igloos and a scheduled snow fall (soap bubbles, but the effect is great and the kids love it!). The decorations that the residents put up for Christmas are to die for!

The parks and nature/walking trails are great! My family had a reunion while we live there and had a blast relaxing, picnicing, and playing wiffleball at one of the parks - for free!

Real estate can be a tad pricey when compared with the rest of Orlando. Townhomes and duplexes start at about $300K. Condo's start at about $200.

I miss it dearly!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-14-2007, 11:04 PM
Didn't Disney sell off that property a short time ago?

Disneyfun
04-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Not that I am aware of. The last I heard was that they were still expanding. It is prohibitively expensive though.