PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland to Host 3rd Consecutive "Pirates" World Premiere Party

Figment!
04-13-2007, 08:58 AM
For sale: 'Pirates' Premiere

By William Keck
USA TODAY
April 13, 2007

If you've stashed away a pirate's booty of $1,500, you can book passage to Disneyland's May 19 world premiere for Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

Disneyland, the host for all three Pirates premieres, is selling tickets to the public in hopes of raising more than $3 million for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Twelve hundred tickets will be available, starting today, at piratespremiere.com.

"This year, we get to do a huge amount of good for a lot of kids," says Lylle Breier, the company's senior VP of special events.

The studio is making a $1 million-plus donation to the foundation; 50 Make-A-Wish kids and their families will be welcomed at no charge.

The previous Pirates premieres have been big events at the Anaheim, Calif., park, but this "will be the most exciting red carpet ever," promises Breier. "We turn all of Main Street U.S.A into a giant red-carpet arrival area."

After stars Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley and others walk the red carpet, they will make a top-secret entrance before the seated audience. The film will play on an enormous screen erected on Tom Sawyer Island, capped off by a fireworks display.

Fans who can't afford the ticket price can pay regular park admission, enter at 6 a.m. and stay to observe the evening's spectacles.

After the screen comes down, workers will have a week to finish the Pirate's Lair attraction, opening May 25, the same day Pirates hits theaters. Among the Lair's interactive activities, guests can stick their hands in a "real" dead man's chest — if they dare.

Melanie
04-13-2007, 09:13 AM
I like watching this on E!. I can't imagine how crazy it is to be there. Probably too crazy for me! ;)

ChipDale
04-13-2007, 10:23 AM
We watched last year's on the webcast. It looked way too crazy crowded for my taste. No thanks, I'll keep my $1500. :D

DizneyRox
04-14-2007, 08:38 AM
http://home.disney.go.com/movies/pirates/premiere/

All proceeds go to Make A Wish Foundation

Marla
04-25-2007, 02:30 PM
$1,500.00 is too rich for my blood. But, I will be there camped out with a group of ladies. I was hopeful to get to see the cast, I never thought about being seen on "E" or a web-cast!:cool: :tink:

Mufasa
05-10-2007, 05:45 AM
For those wondering about some of the celebrities scheduled to attend this year's POTC premiere from a studio press release (and E! is scheduled again to have some taped coverage from the red carpet to air I believe on Sunday, May 20th).

Note, Keira Knightly is not confirmed to attend this year's premiere, although I was surprised to see Keith Richards on the list (how I can only imagine the challenges his Guest Relations handlers will have that day- hopefully he doesn't get the urge to climb up on Tarzan's Treehouse considering his luck with coconut trees)

From the film - Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Geoffrey Rush, Chow Yun Fat, Naomie Harris, Stellan Skarsgard, Bill Nighy, Keith Richards, Kevin McNally, Jonathan Pryce, David Schofield, Lee Arenberg, Martin Klebba, David Bailie, Vanessa Branch, Jack
Davenport, Greg Ellis, Reggie Lee, Peter Donald Badalamenti II, producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Gore Verbinski.

Other guests include - Laila Ali, Jon Voight, Rhianna, Adrieene Bailon, Sabrina Bryan, Cheryl Burke, Ricardo Chavira, Maksim
Chmerkovskiy, Billy Ray Cyrus, Miley Cyrus, Janice Dickinson, Joey Fatone, Leeza Gibbons, Carrie Ann Inaba, Kyle Massey,
Alyson & AJ Michalka, Apolo Anton Ono, Emma Roberts, Brena Song, Dylan & Cole Sprouse, Kiely Williams, Dave Winfield,
Amanda Bynes, Tommy Lee, Pat Riley, Tony Scott ... and more!