PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to Yachtsman Steakhouse

just tigger
04-14-2007, 08:10 AM
Hello, just looking for some opinions on the menu at theYachtsman. Taking the grandparents on this trip so that my wife and I can go and enjoy this long overdo visit to the Yachtsman. No kids on this dinner, so let me hear the best of the best they have to offer.:marg: :beer:

JERSEYDISFAN
04-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Hi just tigger - in regard to the Yachtsman Steakhouse menu, it's a signature restaurant so it's a bit high-end (not a problem for me). We dined there last May during the IF&GF and enjoyed it very much. For starters we had the Lobster Bisque ($9) w/Maine lobster and creme fraiche and finished with brandy. Probably, the BEST lobster bisque I've ever had (hope it wasn't just a lucky night). If you're a "tartare" fan you might want to try the Ahi Tuna Tartare ($13) with olive tapanade, basil oil and lavash crackers - absolutely delicious. When you arrive at the restaurant entrance you will see a glass-walled refrigerator on the left with a chef cutting steaks. Take a minute to check the quality of the steaks being served that evening. The USDA Prime NY Strip Steak-12oz ($36) served with peppercorn brandy sauce and potato gratin was excellent (although I could have done w/o the sauce, prefer plain steak). The potato gratin is very thin slices of white and sweet potatoes alternated in an white sauce - excellent. DW had the Prime Rib ($32) with savory garlic bread pudding and thyme-garlic au jus and thoroughly enjoyed it. If you're a mushroom addict you have to try the Sauteed Mushroom Caps ($6) smothered with sherry and cabernet wine sauce - delicious with any beef dish. One last recommendation, while I'm a beefeater martini drinker, DW had the Bananas Foster Martini and practically licked the glass clean. Enjoy yourself. We'll be dining there again in October when we return for the IF&WF.